GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whispers of Jason Blake being waived

+4
mattshock
shabbs
Riprock
PTFlea
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Whispers of Jason Blake being waived Empty Whispers of Jason Blake being waived Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I took no real interest on these topics reading them from unknown sources and fanboys. But it seems Berger got wind of it as well. Fletcher denies, but where there's smoke...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Howard-Berger/Blake-On-Ice-At-Saddledome/3/17828

2Whispers of Jason Blake being waived Empty Re: Whispers of Jason Blake being waived Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:45 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Wouldn't surprise me... they save a tonne of cap space doing so, getting rid of an overpaid player who has been a scratch for many a game. They have no sue ofr him there. I'd be surprised to see him get picked up, at least on the way down, perhaps on the way back up, but I can't see Toronto even wanting to pay half of his $4 ish million. They'd probably let him play with the Marlies. And I don't think they want to give up a pick in a trade just to get a team to take him ala Schneider.

3Whispers of Jason Blake being waived Empty Re: Whispers of Jason Blake being waived Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They'll make him play for the Marlies for sure. They don't want to lose money, but they have it to burn.

Or they'll lend him out to Russia. That seems to be the popular thought process these days.

I agree...his days are numbered.

4Whispers of Jason Blake being waived Empty Re: Whispers of Jason Blake being waived Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:08 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Marlies won't want him either. Heh heh.

5Whispers of Jason Blake being waived Empty Re: Whispers of Jason Blake being waived Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:45 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Another winning contract from the old management. Does he have a no movement clause?

6Whispers of Jason Blake being waived Empty Re: Whispers of Jason Blake being waived Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:56 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

mattshock wrote:Another winning contract from the old management. Does he have a no movement clause?
3 more years at $4M/year is pretty much a NTC. I don't think he has one officially but that contract seals the deal.

7Whispers of Jason Blake being waived Empty Re: Whispers of Jason Blake being waived Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:02 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
mattshock wrote:Another winning contract from the old management. Does he have a no movement clause?
3 more years at $4M/year is pretty much a NTC. I don't think he has one officially but that contract seals the deal.

Yeah, geez no kidding..

8Whispers of Jason Blake being waived Empty Re: Whispers of Jason Blake being waived Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:08 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well, considering the house cleaning they've already done, it wouldn't surprise me to see him get Waived. It may be a painful process for the Leafs but it seems like they're finally trying to build a team properly. Now bring in Burke and he can reverse all the good that has been done thus far Wink

- Unknown Author

9Whispers of Jason Blake being waived Empty Re: Whispers of Jason Blake being waived Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:09 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Time will tell I suppose, but yeah, with that kind of $ over that term, someone would have to be awfully desperate to snag him.

I figure he'll keep Tlusty company for a while. LOL

10Whispers of Jason Blake being waived Empty Re: Whispers of Jason Blake being waived Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:03 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

That contract is going to be Gerber-esque to try and move.

11Whispers of Jason Blake being waived Empty Re: Whispers of Jason Blake being waived Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:29 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Hey at least if he goes to the Marlies, he will have shot at being a 40 goal scorer again, cause he will know he doesn't have a shot at it in the NHL.

12Whispers of Jason Blake being waived Empty Re: Whispers of Jason Blake being waived Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:39 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

mattshock wrote:That contract is going to be Gerber-esque to try and move.

It's 1000 times worse than the Gerber deal. At the deadline, if I was a contender, I'd flip Ottawa a craptastic pick or a dead weight prospect for Gerber and his under 1 million dollar salary for the rest of the year. Nice backup to have if catastrophe strikes.

Blake's got 3 years after this at a guaranteed 4 million dollars. Yikes...

Talking about Toronto having to give up some massive talent to trade this guy (in order for someone to take on the contract). Never gonna happen - although the Leafs can pray that the Isles get nostalgic or there's some GM out there that's just stupid enough to 'give him a try'.

13Whispers of Jason Blake being waived Empty Re: Whispers of Jason Blake being waived Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:50 am

504Heater wrote:
mattshock wrote:That contract is going to be Gerber-esque to try and move.

It's 1000 times worse than the Gerber deal. At the deadline, if I was a contender, I'd flip Ottawa a craptastic pick or a dead weight prospect for Gerber and his under 1 million dollar salary for the rest of the year. Nice backup to have if catastrophe strikes.

Blake's got 3 years after this at a guaranteed 4 million dollars. Yikes...

Talking about Toronto having to give up some massive talent to trade this guy (in order for someone to take on the contract). Never gonna happen - although the Leafs can pray that the Isles get nostalgic or there's some GM out there that's just stupid enough to 'give him a try'.

Rentry waivers or bury, two choices. He took a freakin' 2:39 shift a while ago the game before he was a healthy scratch. Talk about selfish. The guy is poison on top of being overpaid.

14Whispers of Jason Blake being waived Empty Re: Whispers of Jason Blake being waived Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:00 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

The coach made them skate hard for 2:39 and every man was winded at the end. He then told them why they were made to do it.

Blake definitely got some glares in the room after that practice I'm sure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum