GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jason Blake to be benched?

+2
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Jason Blake to be benched? Empty Jason Blake to be benched? Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

According to the Toronto Star, Blake might be benched in favour of Hollweg.

2Jason Blake to be benched? Empty Re: Jason Blake to be benched? Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:35 pm

504Heater wrote:According to the Toronto Star, Blake might be benched in favour of Hollweg.

If it's true, I would worry if I was Blake about Hollweg taking my spot. Despite Blake's troubles, Hollweg is a no talent Donkey clown who ought to get himself suspended again before the first period is over.

3Jason Blake to be benched? Empty Re: Jason Blake to be benched? Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I hate that guy more than anyone else in the league. Why he's in the NHL is anyone's guess.

What a diss to Blake.

4Jason Blake to be benched? Empty Re: Jason Blake to be benched? Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:57 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Blake might be benched eh? Who would have thought that? I'm pretty sure a lot of people thought his 40 goal season was a one time deal and it's looking that way now isn't it?

- Unknown Author

5Jason Blake to be benched? Empty Re: Jason Blake to be benched? Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:18 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

But Blake is such a snipe-show!?!?!?

6Jason Blake to be benched? Empty Re: Jason Blake to be benched? Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:11 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Blake is the king of taking shots that have no chance of going in... much like we were last night...

Bah.

7Jason Blake to be benched? Empty Re: Jason Blake to be benched? Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:04 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Good message to send. Look at all the other guys on the roster, almost every single one of them is busting their Donkey to get loose pucks, play the body, battle against the boards -- it's quite inspiring to be honest. Maybe Blake AND the Sens could take some notes.

8Jason Blake to be benched? Empty Re: Jason Blake to be benched? Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:22 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hartsburg is going to have to start following suit and sending messages to those who aren't pulling their own weight or doing as coach says. Wilson's message is plain and simple: no one is safe... except Hollweg. Wink

9Jason Blake to be benched? Empty Re: Jason Blake to be benched? Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:20 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I think Hartsburg already has started sending that message. He's splitting up players, benching people, healthy scratches, chewing them out in the media.

Eventually these gorillas have to have some sense and start acting like a group of goddamn professionals with SOME sort of pride and dignity.

10Jason Blake to be benched? Empty Re: Jason Blake to be benched? Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:29 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I think the Sens need get real with the fact that they are not elite anymore.

11Jason Blake to be benched? Empty Re: Jason Blake to be benched? Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:23 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:I think the Sens need get real with the fact that they are not elite anymore.

Try convincing Spezza, Heatley and Alfredsson that though. The defense is no longer elite...that's the thing. The goaltending (with the exception of Groin Boy) was never really elite, but this is the first time in a decade where our D has been craptastic.

12Jason Blake to be benched? Empty Re: Jason Blake to be benched? Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:27 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Did you hear what Blake did 2 games ago?

The day after the game which the Leafs lost, Wilson had all the players on the ice for a tough practice. Before they started, he had them all line up and he told them to skate as hard as they could until he blew the whistle. Anyone not giving 100% would have to do some ridiculous amount of laps.

It lasted 2:34 seconds and while they all stood there dying, Wilson explained that they had just skated the exact time of one of Jason Blake's shifts the night before.

That's accountability (not that I like Wilson as a coach really, but that's the Dung).

I heard the story watching TSN.

13Jason Blake to be benched? Empty Re: Jason Blake to be benched? Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:53 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Did you hear what Blake did 2 games ago?

The day after the game which the Leafs lost, Wilson had all the players on the ice for a tough practice. Before they started, he had them all line up and he told them to skate as hard as they could until he blew the whistle. Anyone not giving 100% would have to do some ridiculous amount of laps.

It lasted 2:34 seconds and while they all stood there dying, Wilson explained that they had just skated the exact time of one of Jason Blake's shifts the night before.

That's accountability (not that I like Wilson as a coach really, but that's the Dung).

I heard the story watching TSN.

LOL that's awesome...

14Jason Blake to be benched? Empty Re: Jason Blake to be benched? Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:38 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
shabbs wrote:I think the Sens need get real with the fact that they are not elite anymore.

Try convincing Spezza, Heatley and Alfredsson that though. The defense is no longer elite...that's the thing. The goaltending (with the exception of Groin Boy) was never really elite, but this is the first time in a decade where our D has been craptastic.

Our D is craptacular for now, but I see hope on the horizon. On paper we've got a decent D-corps. Phillips and Volchenkov are solid, Kuba has been producing, Smith and Pickard are decent pairing D-men, and Smith hasn't looked bad on the second pairing. Realistically, this D- isn't THAT much worse than last year.

Then again, I'd take Richardson over Redden, so what does that say about my judgement?

15Jason Blake to be benched? Empty Re: Jason Blake to be benched? Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:17 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:I think Hartsburg already has started sending that message. He's splitting up players, benching people, healthy scratches, chewing them out in the media.

Eventually these gorillas have to have some sense and start acting like a group of goddamn professionals with SOME sort of pride and dignity.

Sorry to continue a Sens rant in a Leaf thread but my blood is still boiling over this Picard issue. You want Hartsburgh to show there's accountability? How the Diddle does this guy get ice time when he should be getting assists on goals from the opposing team :x

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum