GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What should Murray do?

+7
PTFlea
smash88
mattshock
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
jamvan
Cronie
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1What should Murray do? Empty What should Murray do? Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:55 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well, after attempting to calm down from last night's loss to the so-called powerhouse of the East, a.k.a. The Habs, I couldn't help but pose myself the following question: What should Murray do now?

Granted, I saw his Q & A piece in the Citizen a few days ago where he hinted that he still feels he has time to allow the teams issues to be addressed internally; but after last night, and I have to agree with The 6th Sens take, that keeping an unhappy, unstable #1 who's $3.7M salary is chocking our cap doesn't seem to be making things or their lives any easier or better. Should Murray take a chance on Elliott and put Auld as the back up and waive Gerbage? Should he attempt a move for PMD and address the Gerber issue at a later time, say in the new year? Is Vermette really working out on the 1st line?

All the questions I'm sure have answers, the problem lies with how to get the answers and put them in place so this team can move forward and KEEP their momentum going.
We've all seen that this team CAN compete for a full 60 mins, it's just that their past 2 efforts (the ones to immediately come to mind) have fallen short of a full-out 3 period competition.

I don't blame Hartsburg...yet, as it seems like his defensive-first philosophy is slowly being bought by the team; but for it to be successfull, you need to score goals and THEN clamp down to maintain the lead and choke off the opposition.

We need answers, and fast as the Sens are at the bottom of the Eastern standings and more importantly, I know they are capable of being a strong and competitive team.

2What should Murray do? Empty Re: What should Murray do? Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:01 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Trade Vermette and Neil for Seabrook. Send down Foligno and call up Zubov. Finally sign Shanny, but do it now, cause he won't be in game shape. Put the top line back together and there you go.

THis team is simply not good enough and at this point I really don't see them making the playoffs. I'm so close to calling this a rebuilding year.

3What should Murray do? Empty Re: What should Murray do? Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:05 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Are they really capable with the current roster? The one dominant game they had was against Philly; a team that was reaching pretty deep into their depth for Defensive help and that has also been struggling to keep pucks out of their own net.

I think that we need to be patient and see if the issues CAN be resolved from within but the clock is tickin'. As far as Gerber is concerned I think it's a matter of Melnyk not wanting to shell out the money for Gerber to ride the buses so, I see it happening closer to the deadline. With the oodles of cap money we'll have to spend at the deadline you have to figure if it's not spent then Murray has written off this season IMO.

- Unknown Author

4What should Murray do? Empty Re: What should Murray do? Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:08 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't think Jam's suggestion is that far-fetched.
I don't think we're quite a rebuilding just yet, but if they continue to sink and sink, then it's NOT that far off I'm afraid.

My god this hurts. I don't know WHY they can't get pissed off collectively and just compete... what about Pride and glory guys! WAKE THE FRANK UP!!!

5What should Murray do? Empty Re: What should Murray do? Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:21 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Poor Foligno.

I think he's going to be the guy who suffers the most from this. Look for him to be demoted, and Bass/Z. Smith to be called up in his place, possibly even before next game.

Anyone keeping an eye on Lee in Bingo? How's he doing?

6What should Murray do? Empty Re: What should Murray do? Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:28 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

A few minor tweaks (internally and by trade) seems to be all we need. We've seen glimmers of brilliance from everyone on this roster (except for one unnamed Swiss player), but the pieces need to come together.

7What should Murray do? Empty Re: What should Murray do? Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:29 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:Poor Foligno.

I think he's going to be the guy who suffers the most from this. Look for him to be demoted, and Bass/Z. Smith to be called up in his place, possibly even before next game.

The powerplay is TEARING right now. Something like 50%, and Lee is on the first PP unit with Bell. He's not scoring many goals, but I think he's picking up assists like a machine.

8What should Murray do? Empty Re: What should Murray do? Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:30 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Last I heard he's doing OK. Not racking up a tonne of points but his plus minus is much better than last season. It's the Zubov, Shannon, Z. Smith and Bell show on Offense and the Elliot show in goal.

Actually Matt's Morning Mashup has some Bingo updates. You should have a look.

- Unknown Author

9What should Murray do? Empty Re: What should Murray do? Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:31 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Last I heard he's doing OK. Not racking up a tonne of points but his plus minus is much better than last season. It's the Zubov, Shannon, Z. Smith and Bell show on Offense and the Elliot show in goal.

Actually Matt's Morning Mashup has some Bingo updates. You should have a look.

Yeah we don't hear too much about Shannon ever coming up... Will we ever see him in the big lineup? How far is he on the depth chart?

10What should Murray do? Empty Re: What should Murray do? Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:58 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

He's on that line with Smith and Zubov, and he's holding his own. Still, his size is a bit of a concern. He's probably behind the other two on the depth chart as far as callups are concerned.

11What should Murray do? Empty Re: What should Murray do? Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:21 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Put the franking top line together and never touch it again. What a wonderful dream world we live in to think we can split up these three guys and still win. It begins and ends with the top line.

The rest of the plugs (with the exception of Fisher) had better start playing for their jobs. Kelly and Vermette would open up 5 million dollars and can be replaced with a)a good to great puck mover or b)someone who can put the franking puck in the net.

Franking joke. Even pinhead Mguire was wondering what was wrong with Hartsburg - and how he couldn't see to put the top line together to start period 2. Everyone knew it...but Hartsburg.

12What should Murray do? Empty Re: What should Murray do? Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:22 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Put the franking top line together and never touch it again. What a wonderful dream world we live in to think we can split up these three guys and still win. It begins and ends with the top line.

The rest of the plugs (with the exception of Fisher) had better start playing for their jobs. Kelly and Vermette would open up 5 million dollars and can be replaced with a)a good to great puck mover or b)someone who can put the franking puck in the net.

Franking joke. Even pinhead Mguire was wondering what was wrong with Hartsburg - and how he couldn't see to put the top line together to start period 2. Everyone knew it...but Hartsburg.

Especially too since that line has been a Hab-killer for the past few years..

13What should Murray do? Empty Re: What should Murray do? Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:27 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

smash88 wrote:

They've been an every team killer. If we had some dude on the 2nd line capable on potting 40 that would be another story entirely, but sadly, we have 3 offensive guys - true offensive guys. They need to be playing together.

I'd rather lose by the other team shutting them down instead of losing because the other team focuses on Spezza and Heatley and hopes that Fisher will miss.

1.4 million. What is that number significant for? That's the amount of $$ that separates Chris Franking Kelly from Cory Stillman. Hmm. Who would I rather have....

14What should Murray do? Empty Re: What should Murray do? Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:33 am

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

I think I love Jam's idea posted above.

15What should Murray do? Empty Re: What should Murray do? Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:34 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
smash88 wrote:

They've been an every team killer. If we had some dude on the 2nd line capable on potting 40 that would be another story entirely, but sadly, we have 3 offensive guys - true offensive guys. They need to be playing together.

I'd rather lose by the other team shutting them down instead of losing because the other team focuses on Spezza and Heatley and hopes that Fisher will miss.

1.4 million. What is that number significant for? That's the amount of $$ that separates Chris Franking Kelly from Cory Stillman. Hmm. Who would I rather have....

and I thought I was the only one.... Chris Kelly too me is by far the most over rated player on the Senators...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum