GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

How the East (will be) Won

+4
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
rooneypoo
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16How the East (will be) Won - Page 2 Empty Re: How the East (will be) Won Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:58 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

OK...so here it is for me..

1. Philly
2. NJ
3. Boston
4. Montreal
5. Ottawa
6. Pittsburgh
7. Washington
8. Rangers...totally fell off the map, but will still make it.

I might be totally all over the place with Division discrepancies...I'm going to have to look it over again...but this is pretty much it for me.

17How the East (will be) Won - Page 2 Empty Re: How the East (will be) Won Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:02 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Heater, why do you have us finishing 7th??? I can't see us being that low this year...I don't see us finishing 1st either...but give us at least 5th man! What's up with that?

I dunno...we have great firepower up front, a good, solid D with little mobility though - and a goaltending tandem that could surprise and be awesome or suck the life fantastic. When I look at the Devils, they've upped the ante for scoring, they have tending, when I look at Philly, I see a young, fresh, hard to play team. And down the list.

I think we could finish higher (I doubt lower), but this is the ballpark of where I see the Sens ending up.

18How the East (will be) Won - Page 2 Empty Re: How the East (will be) Won Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:08 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
I don't agree with MTL finishing first at all...I don't see how they're going to be as powerful as they were last year. There are too many teams in the east that made better moves in the off-season than they did...heck, I can even say we made better moves than they did...

Pittsburgh is another one that I just can't see happening...they, as you say, are due to come crashing back to earth..I still don't believe in Fleury...he still hasn't proven much to me.

I can't see what you see in NJ making it to first...but you could be on to something....

I would go with possibly Boston making it in 1st...that's probably a long shot...but teams have surprised us all in the past....I wouldn't bet on it though...but it could happen.

The way I see it, the Habs acquired Tanguay, who in his heyday was an 80 point guy, in his crap days is at least a 60 point guy. Going to the Habs, he'll be on a line with two very talented guys. I think they absolutely trumped us this off-season (not to mention Laraque). We did what we had to do with Jason Smith and Ruutu, but let's call a spade a spade here. Smile

19How the East (will be) Won - Page 2 Empty Re: How the East (will be) Won Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:OK...so here it is for me..

1. Philly
2. NJ
3. Boston
4. Montreal
5. Ottawa
6. Pittsburgh
7. Washington
8. Rangers...totally fell off the map, but will still make it.

I might be totally all over the place with Division discrepancies...I'm going to have to look it over again...but this is pretty much it for me.

Aha. You are indeed. So, Washington moves into a Top 3 position by default, pushing us to 6th. Why? Why I ask! (kidding). :D

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum