GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+2
Ev
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 64 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm with Ev. They brought him in with the intent to sign him

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Didn’t see the first game he played so can’t comment, but yesterday he was decent. I think if he’s signed he wouldn’t be a guy playing every night

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Brann and Kelly to SJ for a 3rd. Who says no?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No big surprise here. Steve Staios appointed POHO.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:No big surprise here. Steve Staios appointed POHO.

Can't help but feel the walls are closing in on PD

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:No big surprise here. Steve Staios appointed POHO.

Can't help but feel the walls are closing in on PD

Probably.
I mean, I like Dorion. Especially in a drafting capacity.
But I don’t think he necessarily does an amazing job in other aspects. I think he gets taken for a ride by some other GMs.
Now does it mean we need to get rid of him? Or do we need to surround him with better more experienced voices in the room as advisors?
Maybe if he does fail we demote him back to the drafting department.

There’s a history of GMs being moved on from the position to another position within. They usually end up leaving the org if they get offered a better deal elsewhere.

I’m on the fence on this one.
I would like a seasoned GM if we end up making a move. Just giving the reign as dual position to Staios isn’t a move I like.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

His drafting hasn't been great. I'm getting tired of people touting Dorion for it.

- We signed zero people from the 2021 draft aside from Boucher who is a massive reach
- JBD is not a full-time NHLer 5 years after his draft and probably will never be
- Same for Thomson but subtract a year
- Jarventie > Paterka will never sit well with me
- Colin White...

Take out the top five picks and his track record isn't great in recent years.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:His drafting hasn't been great. I'm getting tired of people touting Dorion for it.

- We signed zero people from the 2021 draft aside from Boucher who is a massive reach
- JBD is not a full-time NHLer 5 years after his draft and probably will never be
- Same for Thomson but subtract a year
- Jarventie > Paterka will never sit well with me
- Colin White...

Take out the top five picks and his track record isn't great in recent years.

The person responsible for most of those picks except White was already fired.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I didn’t watch the game but two goals in two games, looks like Jarventie is trying to put himself on the call up sheet this year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

While the Senators *announced* their waived players it was after 1pm so the actual transactions will be done today. Thomson won't know if he cleared until Sunday afternoon. Will Dubas grab another Senator?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

It's too bad. I thought Thomson had a nice game. He's looked better than both JBD and Hamonic.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Thomson isn’t better than Hamonic. He’s no big loss. Not like JbD is much better, but JBD is better defensively without question.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jarventie looking real good lately. He’s developed nicely. Looks like he has an it factor about him. #1C in Belleville this year

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Tarasenko-Norris-Batherson
Kubalik-Pinto-Joseph
Smejkal-Kastelic-MacEwen
Sokolov

Chychrun-Chabot
Sanderson-Zub
Brannstrom-Hamonic
JBD

That’s a good looking lineup. Obviously one player might be traded to bring in pinto though

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jarventie with another goal

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Tarasenko-Norris-Batherson
Kubalik-Pinto-Joseph
Smejkal-Kastelic-MacEwen
Sokolov

Chychrun-Chabot
Sanderson-Zub
Brannstrom-Hamonic
JBD

That’s a good looking lineup. Obviously one player might be traded to bring in pinto though

There are definitely some options. I wouldn't be surprised to see a bottom six that includes some form or Jarventie, Sokolov, Smejkal, Greig, Pinto, Kastelic, Kubalik. I think MacEwen becomes our 13th forward and everyone I listed is having a better camp than Kelly who we probably wouldn't lose on waivers

If DJ is serious about listening to analytics and "changing" then he should consider icing a lineup that's different than the one that hasn't made the playoffs for 6 years

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sokolov has shown nothing to suggest he’ll be in the lineup. He’s the extra forward at best IMO.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Sokolov has shown nothing to suggest he’ll be in the lineup. He’s the extra forward at best IMO.

Surprised you put him in *your* lineup (even as a F13).

Meanwhile Sens twitter is becoming a cesspool again. People just love to focus on the negatives and completely ignore the strides made. Yes, we would be better with Pinto at 3C instead of Greig (or Jarventie) but as long as Norris stays healthy that's still night and day from last year:

Norris will replace ADB's goal total *and* play better defence.
Batherson wasn't fully over his ankle injury until late; he's flying now.
Stutzle is still on an upward trajectory.
Full season of Chychrun replacing Zaitsev.
Tarasenko and Kubalik over Brassard, Motte.
Probably better tandem and if they stay healthy a huge upgrade over playing 7 last year.

Not a fan of MacEwen and Bailey but hopefully they'll see there's no room for Bailey and Mac will not dress (up?) for 75 games like Watson did last year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum