GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lee sent back to Bingo...

+8
Hayden
mattshock
shabbs
Riprock
beedub
PTFlea
SensGirl11
smash88
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 3 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:46 pm

smash88 wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:According to NHL.com...

"OTTAWA – The Ottawa Senators today assigned defenceman Brian Lee to their American Hockey League affiliate, the Binghamton Senators.

Lee, 21, played in all five games with the Senators this season, recording one assist and a +1 rating while averaging 13:03 minutes of ice-time per game.

The Fargo, N.D., native played 55 games with the Binghamton Senators last season, recording three goals, 22 assists and 51 penalty minutes. Lee finished the season dressing in Ottawa’s last six regular-season games and playing in all four playoffs meetings against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Lee, who played two seasons at the University of North Dakota, was Ottawa’s first-round pick (ninth overall) in the 2005 entry draft.

The Binghamton Senators (2-0-0-1) next see action tonight against the host Albany River Rats and then on Friday when they travel to Syracuse to face the Crunch. "

Wow... So does that mean Richardson in for good now? Rolling Eyes

That was my first nightmare thought. Yikes. We need a puck mover more than ever now. I wonder if this means Murray has a deal in principle for one.

32Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 3 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:51 pm

hemlock34 wrote:
smash88 wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:According to NHL.com...

"OTTAWA – The Ottawa Senators today assigned defenceman Brian Lee to their American Hockey League affiliate, the Binghamton Senators.

Lee, 21, played in all five games with the Senators this season, recording one assist and a +1 rating while averaging 13:03 minutes of ice-time per game.

The Fargo, N.D., native played 55 games with the Binghamton Senators last season, recording three goals, 22 assists and 51 penalty minutes. Lee finished the season dressing in Ottawa’s last six regular-season games and playing in all four playoffs meetings against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Lee, who played two seasons at the University of North Dakota, was Ottawa’s first-round pick (ninth overall) in the 2005 entry draft.

The Binghamton Senators (2-0-0-1) next see action tonight against the host Albany River Rats and then on Friday when they travel to Syracuse to face the Crunch. "

Wow... So does that mean Richardson in for good now? Rolling Eyes

That was my first nightmare thought. Yikes. We need a puck mover more than ever now. I wonder if this means Murray has a deal in principle for one.

With or without Lee, we needed a puck mover. The only spot on the ice Lee was moving the puck to was our slot. This teams will be a much better team next year and going forward then this year.

People are going to have to realize that this is a transition year. We may or may not make the playoffs, but with guys like Elliott, Bass, Smith and Lee in Bingo, they will improve while the big club is assesed by Harstberg and Murray. McAmmond will be gone next year, same with Richardson, Schubert and probably Kuba.

Murray will take his shot at J BO if he cant trade for him this year, and we can use the draft pics we have.

I'm excitted about this team going forward, this year will be a struggle though. 3 Years, this team will be the best team in the East again, hands down. Well, with Washington.

33Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 3 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:52 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
At this point we should just trade for a real defenseman that will actually have an impact.

There are rumblings of this already. I knew there would be...give it some time. Up Picard's minutes and make Richardson a 7 minute guy - then we'll see where we're at with Lee or if we're acquiring someone.

I would put $$ on acquiring someone....soon.

34Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 3 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:55 pm

504Heater wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
At this point we should just trade for a real defenseman that will actually have an impact.

There are rumblings of this already. I knew there would be...give it some time. Up Picard's minutes and make Richardson a 7 minute guy - then we'll see where we're at with Lee or if we're acquiring someone.

I would put $$ on acquiring someone....soon.

We have an extra 1st rounder, a prospect in Lee, and other assests we can use to aquire a real D man. I'm holding out hope that we swing a deal for J BO. Martin really does not have a snow balls chance in hell of signing him, and I have no doubts Murray can offer the best package for him.

San Jose's 1st, Lee, and Vermette

for

J Bo.

Take that risk of trading for him, and you gotta hope you knock his socks off with a long term offer.

35Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 3 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:
With or without Lee, we needed a puck mover. The only spot on the ice Lee was moving the puck to was our slot. This teams will be a much better team next year and going forward then this year.

People are going to have to realize that this is a transition year. We may or may not make the playoffs, but with guys like Elliott, Bass, Smith and Lee in Bingo, they will improve while the big club is assesed by Harstberg and Murray. McAmmond will be gone next year, same with Richardson, Schubert and probably Kuba.

Murray will take his shot at J BO if he cant trade for him this year, and we can use the draft pics we have.

I'm excitted about this team going forward, this year will be a struggle though. 3 Years, this team will be the best team in the East again, hands down. Well, with Washington.

I have to agree with this 100%. I said 2010/2011 was our year, this is nothing, just a little bump in the road for Lee and for the Sens, he's got the talent, it's a minutes thing and a confidence/mental thing. At this point I'll take Richardson over Lee for the short term.

I think (know) Murray's looking at some D right now, but it might take as long as January to start shaking trees enough for the apples to fall. I would expect we go forward with this lineup until then.

36Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 3 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:56 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:This is more about protecting Lee I think. He's not getting the minutes and the exposure he needs to develop properly and rather than risk losing him, send him down. Maybe Murray has some "moves" in the works, who knows...

I totally understand what you mean, and I'm sure it will be good for him, I don't want him to lose confidence here. I just feel that we don't have anyone else that can do any better right now. We need to start winning games here...it's getting kinda sad..

37Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 3 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:
We have an extra 1st rounder, a prospect in Lee, and other assests we can use to aquire a real D man. I'm holding out hope that we swing a deal for J BO. Martin really does not have a snow balls chance in hell of signing him, and I have no doubts Murray can offer the best package for him.

for

J Bo.

Take that risk of trading for him, and you gotta hope you knock his socks off with a long term offer.

1st rounder and Lee will be enough. That's 2 first rounders (one of them top 10) for a pending UFA. We'd have to have a contract extension in place, then we could talk Vermette.

38Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 3 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
shabbs wrote:This is more about protecting Lee I think. He's not getting the minutes and the exposure he needs to develop properly and rather than risk losing him, send him down. Maybe Murray has some "moves" in the works, who knows...

I totally understand what you mean, and I'm sure it will be good for him, I don't want him to lose confidence here. I just feel that we don't have anyone else that can do any better right now. We need to start winning games here...it's getting kinda sad..

You'll like what shakes out of this, I guarantee it. Don't expose Lee to being on a 3rd pair with another quasi-rookie, let him dominate the AHL (and possibly be in the running for a championship), then let him come back next year and Phillips' counterpart. Top 2 D-man, no if's ands or buts. If we do acquire Bow, then he and Lee would be a beautiful and logical pairing.

39Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 3 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:02 pm

504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

for

J Bo.

1st rounder and Lee will be enough. That's 2 first rounders (one of them top 10) for a pending UFA. We'd have to have a contract extension in place, then we could talk Vermette.

If you're the Sens, you over pay. J Bo is what this team needs to be a contender and a top team for years going forward. This is a glaring weakness and our D can become a strength with 1 move. Its the price you may have to pay to get J Bo over everyone else.

40Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 3 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

“Obviously you always keep working on your skill set," said Lee about his demotion. "I’m going to continue working on my shot. But the main message was they want me to play more. So going there is where I’ll be able to play more and prepare for later in the season.”

41Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 3 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:10 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

504Heater wrote:You'll like what shakes out of this, I guarantee it.
Know something we don't?

Wink

42Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 3 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:10 pm

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

J Bo has played in 1 playoff in his junior/NHL career - I do not think he is the saviour everyone thinks he is.

Lee already has more playoff games under his belt.

43Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 3 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:11 pm

504Heater wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

You'll like what shakes out of this, I guarantee it. Don't expose Lee to being on a 3rd pair with another quasi-rookie, let him dominate the AHL (and possibly be in the running for a championship), then let him come back next year and Phillips' counterpart. Top 2 D-man, no if's ands or buts. If we do acquire Bow, then he and Lee would be a beautiful and logical pairing.

If we aquire J Bo, lol, Lee is gone for SURE. Having drafted Karlsson who wont be ready until he is about 21, give or take, there is no need for Lee here. J Bo, Phillips, A train are a great top 3. Add Karlsson there in a few years, with perhaps Picard having a few more years of expierence as a number 5, plus in who ever u think will be here then, with Elliot in goal. Our Forwards being Foligno, SPezza, Heatley, Fisher, Bass, Smith, O'Brien, Rutuu, Alfi (at the end of his career and maybe in a checking role at that point). How is that not the best lineup in the east in 2, 3 years? It will be.

This year and next could be a little frustrating, but going forward this team is in GREAT shape.

44Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 3 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:12 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

We would have to overpay, and trading Lee would hurt, but J-Bo would change the dynamic of this team.

It would be costly, but I'd do it.

45Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 3 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:14 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Totally agree Heater. It's probably temporary to get his confidence back and get him playing in all situations again. I would prefer to see Schubert on D rather than Richardson IMO. Schubert has a cannon of a shot, he's faster and can be sheltered with a Defensive D man if needed.

- Unknown Author

46Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 3 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:15 pm

Hayden wrote:J Bo has played in 1 playoff in his junior/NHL career - I do not think he is the saviour everyone thinks he is.

Lee already has more playoff games under his belt.

You can make the same arguement for Luongo when he was traded, same with Jokinen, and anyone else who was stuck in Florida.

Fact of the matter is, J Bo has no one there to help him out on the back end, and even less up front. That is a joke of a franchise. He was still part of the world jr.s are 16 with Spezza, and has all the tallent in the world to be a top 5 D in this league.

J Bo may not be the saviour, but he is exactly the type of player that this team needs and fills the biggest need this team has.

47Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 3 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Know something we don't?

Wink

Smile No, but I do know that right now Brian Lee needs 23 minutes a night and he needs to be running the PP - somewhere. That place wasn't here, so he gets some more time to mature and hone his skills. When he comes up, I have a feeling he gets right up into the top 4 and starts feeling more comfortable.

This is essentially his final demotion of his career (I would expect), so all he has to do is take it, learn and run with it.

48Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 3 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:22 pm

504Heater wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Know something we don't?

Wink

Smile No, but I do know that right now Brian Lee needs 23 minutes a night and he needs to be running the PP - somewhere. That place wasn't here, so he gets some more time to mature and hone his skills. When he comes up, I have a feeling he gets right up into the top 4 and starts feeling more comfortable.

This is essentially his final demotion of his career (I would expect), so all he has to do is take it, learn and run with it.

Karlsson, D. Smith, Bass, Lee, Elliot, Folingo. Thats all you need to know. Less than 100 NHL games combined and these r the kids that will be supporting, Fisher, Alfi, Heatley, Spezza, Phillips and A train. This team going forward has all the pieces to be a contender year in and out.

Fans r gonna have to be patient.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum