GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lee sent back to Bingo...

+8
Hayden
mattshock
shabbs
Riprock
beedub
PTFlea
SensGirl11
smash88
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Lee sent back to Bingo... Empty Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:09 pm

According to NHL.com...

"OTTAWA – The Ottawa Senators today assigned defenceman Brian Lee to their American Hockey League affiliate, the Binghamton Senators.

Lee, 21, played in all five games with the Senators this season, recording one assist and a +1 rating while averaging 13:03 minutes of ice-time per game.

The Fargo, N.D., native played 55 games with the Binghamton Senators last season, recording three goals, 22 assists and 51 penalty minutes. Lee finished the season dressing in Ottawa’s last six regular-season games and playing in all four playoffs meetings against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Lee, who played two seasons at the University of North Dakota, was Ottawa’s first-round pick (ninth overall) in the 2005 entry draft.

The Binghamton Senators (2-0-0-1) next see action tonight against the host Albany River Rats and then on Friday when they travel to Syracuse to face the Crunch. "

2Lee sent back to Bingo... Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:11 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

MurderOnIce wrote:According to NHL.com...

"OTTAWA – The Ottawa Senators today assigned defenceman Brian Lee to their American Hockey League affiliate, the Binghamton Senators.

Lee, 21, played in all five games with the Senators this season, recording one assist and a +1 rating while averaging 13:03 minutes of ice-time per game.

The Fargo, N.D., native played 55 games with the Binghamton Senators last season, recording three goals, 22 assists and 51 penalty minutes. Lee finished the season dressing in Ottawa’s last six regular-season games and playing in all four playoffs meetings against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Lee, who played two seasons at the University of North Dakota, was Ottawa’s first-round pick (ninth overall) in the 2005 entry draft.

The Binghamton Senators (2-0-0-1) next see action tonight against the host Albany River Rats and then on Friday when they travel to Syracuse to face the Crunch. "

Wow... So does that mean Richardson in for good now? Rolling Eyes

3Lee sent back to Bingo... Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:12 pm

MurderOnIce wrote:According to NHL.com...

Thats exactly what should have been done, and was. Good call by Hartsberg, he wasnt playing well enough to be in the NHL at this point.

4Lee sent back to Bingo... Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:12 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

DUMB!!

5Lee sent back to Bingo... Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm happy he's down to Bingo, but not for Richardson hopefully.

6Lee sent back to Bingo... Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Let the rumours begin! With 4.8 million in cap space, the Sens will undoubtedly be looking for another D-man.

7Lee sent back to Bingo... Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:14 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I am not wholly surprised by this move. Lee came in late last year and really made an impact. I guess they expected him to be here full time this year, but IMO he struggled a great deal. To be fair to him, he really did not have a lot of support.

Maybe this will allow Schubert to draw back to his natural D, although I don't see this as a vast improvement

8Lee sent back to Bingo... Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:14 pm

504Heater wrote:I'm happy he's down to Bingo, but not for Richardson hopefully.

I would be happy if he was sent downand Bell given a shot maybe. I don't want to see Richardson out there. Our d is not fleet of foot as it stands

9Lee sent back to Bingo... Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:15 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

For who else then...Schubert?? Like that's any better.

10Lee sent back to Bingo... Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:15 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Bell should be given a shot before Richardson.

11Lee sent back to Bingo... Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:16 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

DashRiprock wrote:Bell should be given a shot before Richardson.

For sure... Why are they so hung up on Richardson anyway... I understand he's a vet and all but we have way better options....

12Lee sent back to Bingo... Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think there's a transaction coming. We just opened up 1.3 million more in cap space with Lee's demotion, we could stand a real D-man down there no offense Richardson).

13Lee sent back to Bingo... Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:17 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Sorry to say, but Bell was 10 times worse than Lee...bad move...bad bad move..
Welcome back, slow no scoring Richardson

14Lee sent back to Bingo... Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd like to see Bell up here as well, but they were really NOT impressed with him in the pre-season, so I don't know if he'll be recalled right now.

15Lee sent back to Bingo... Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:

Sorry to say, but Bell was 10 times worse than Lee...bad move...bad bad move..
Welcome back, slow no scoring Richardson

You realize that this isn't a death sentence for Lee right? Like...he's going to play here again and probably this year, but it was clear as day that he wasn't ready to assume a big role on D right now. Let's see how he reacts in Bingo playing with Bell or Carkner and take it from there.

I've been advocating Lee's demotion since game 3ish, he needs to get on PP 1 in Bingo and show what he can do playing 22-25 minutes a night.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum