GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lee sent back to Bingo...

+8
Hayden
mattshock
shabbs
Riprock
beedub
PTFlea
SensGirl11
smash88
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:17 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

DashRiprock wrote:Bell should be given a shot before Richardson.

Sorry to say, but Bell was 10 times worse than Lee...bad move...bad bad move..
Welcome back, slow no scoring Richardson

17Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:17 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd like to see Bell up here as well, but they were really NOT impressed with him in the pre-season, so I don't know if he'll be recalled right now.

18Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:19 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:

You realize that this isn't a death sentence for Lee right? Like...he's going to play here again and probably this year, but it was clear as day that he wasn't ready to assume a big role on D right now. Let's see how he reacts in Bingo playing with Bell or Carkner and take it from there.

I've been advocating Lee's demotion since game 3ish, he needs to get on PP 1 in Bingo and show what he can do playing 22-25 minutes a night.

19Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:20 pm

SensGirl11 wrote:

Bell made one glaring error in the preseason, thats really it. He still created some chances from the point, and could move the puck out of the zone. If the Sens dont get the puck mover they need through a trade, then they will be giving Bell a shot shortly.

He is a strong skater, with a great shot and in the right situation this guy may flourish. He needs an opportunity and some confidence, he cant be any worse than Picard and Lee have been this year.

20Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:21 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I reserve the right to be upset about this. He was never given a real chance with a real defenseman.

21Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:24 pm

SensGirl11 wrote:I reserve the right to be upset about this. He was never given a real chance with a real defenseman.

So Phillips or Smith would have prevented Lee from putting the puck on the other teams stick? He was a liability in his own zone, simple as that. He isnt physically ready to be up with the Sens, or mentally ready.

22Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:25 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

SensGirl11 wrote:I reserve the right to be upset about this. He was never given a real chance with a real defenseman.

He didn't deserve it though... For Lee to go up to top 4 that means one of our top 4 has to take a demotion.. I don't think they were ready to do that...

23Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:26 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, I guess we'll be seeing more of Richardson and Schubert on D unless Murray makes some moves to acquire another d-man, or bring Bell up to see how he goes with the big club.

24Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:30 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Neely4Life wrote:

So Phillips or Smith would have prevented Lee from putting the puck on the other teams stick? He was a liability in his own zone, simple as that. He isnt physically ready to be up with the Sens, or mentally ready.

And Richardson isn't a liability...he's slow as molasses...and he makes his share of mistakes too. I remember Lee making great plays to keep the puck out of our net on at least 3 occasions. He's had a tough go at it this year, but he's been paired with someone who has as much NHL experience as he does...pretty dumb really.

25Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:32 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Link to NHL.com article:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=387981

The next few games should be interesting...

26Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:35 pm

SensGirl11 wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

And Richardson isn't a liability...he's slow as molasses...and he makes his share of mistakes too. I remember Lee making great plays to keep the puck out of our net on at least 3 occasions. He's had a tough go at it this year, but he's been paired with someone who has as much NHL experience as he does...pretty dumb really.

And what good is it doing Lee up hear being the 5, 6 D man with no real assests to offer the team at this point? he isnt good enough to be top 4, not even close. Richardson will be the 6th D man here, and used sparingly. Lee does not have the mental make up at this time, not the physcial to be an effective NHL D man at this point. He is a good skater who is decent with the puck, thats about as far as it goes at this point.

He will be back, but he isnt doing anyone any favours being up here, and the Sens keeping him up here getting no PP time and destroyed in his own end his hurting him, more then it is helping him. This move should not come as a surpise even if you dont agree with it.

27Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:39 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Lee looked fantastic with Phillips last year, but I think a little time in the minors could do him good. There are a lot of guys tearing it up down there, and he'll get some good minutes.

I have no doubt we'll see a lot more of him in the near future.

28Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:39 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Neely4Life wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

And what good is it doing Lee up hear being the 5, 6 D man with no real assests to offer the team at this point? he isnt good enough to be top 4, not even close. Richardson will be the 6th D man here, and used sparingly. Lee does not have the mental make up at this time, not the physcial to be an effective NHL D man at this point. He is a good skater who is decent with the puck, thats about as far as it goes at this point.

He will be back, but he isnt doing anyone any favours being up here, and the Sens keeping him up here getting no PP time and destroyed in his own end his hurting him, more then it is helping him. This move should not come as a surpise even if you dont agree with it.

He may not be ready now, but I don't see who else we have that is better than him right now. Our D sucks as it is...I'm just upset...I don't see how this is going to do any good.. At this point we should just trade for a real defenseman that will actually have an impact. Richardson, Schubert and Bell aren't those guys from what I've seen...we're in big Dung.

29Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:42 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

This is more about protecting Lee I think. He's not getting the minutes and the exposure he needs to develop properly and rather than risk losing him, send him down. Maybe Murray has some "moves" in the works, who knows...

30Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:44 pm

SensGirl11 wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:

He may not be ready now, but I don't see who else we have that is better than him right now. Our D sucks as it is...I'm just upset...I don't see how this is going to do any good.. At this point we should just trade for a real defenseman that will actually have an impact. Richardson, Schubert and Bell aren't those guys from what I've seen...we're in big Dung.

So you hender a guys development playing with a weak D group in Ottawa, while he isnt getting the mins needed or expierence to improve. He is just goign to lose confidence and question everything while he is on the ice and over think the game.

This move makes sense from a salary cap point of a view, a development point of view, and from a team persepctive. They needed to shake things up. If Bass isnt up here when he is more then ready while a lot of guys up front struggle, then neither should Lee be. They r being sheltered in Bingo right now while Harstberg sorts things out up here. Its a good move whether u like it or not honestly.

31Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:46 pm

smash88 wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:According to NHL.com...

"OTTAWA – The Ottawa Senators today assigned defenceman Brian Lee to their American Hockey League affiliate, the Binghamton Senators.

Lee, 21, played in all five games with the Senators this season, recording one assist and a +1 rating while averaging 13:03 minutes of ice-time per game.

The Fargo, N.D., native played 55 games with the Binghamton Senators last season, recording three goals, 22 assists and 51 penalty minutes. Lee finished the season dressing in Ottawa’s last six regular-season games and playing in all four playoffs meetings against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Lee, who played two seasons at the University of North Dakota, was Ottawa’s first-round pick (ninth overall) in the 2005 entry draft.

The Binghamton Senators (2-0-0-1) next see action tonight against the host Albany River Rats and then on Friday when they travel to Syracuse to face the Crunch. "

Wow... So does that mean Richardson in for good now? Rolling Eyes

That was my first nightmare thought. Yikes. We need a puck mover more than ever now. I wonder if this means Murray has a deal in principle for one.

32Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:51 pm

hemlock34 wrote:
smash88 wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:According to NHL.com...

"OTTAWA – The Ottawa Senators today assigned defenceman Brian Lee to their American Hockey League affiliate, the Binghamton Senators.

Lee, 21, played in all five games with the Senators this season, recording one assist and a +1 rating while averaging 13:03 minutes of ice-time per game.

The Fargo, N.D., native played 55 games with the Binghamton Senators last season, recording three goals, 22 assists and 51 penalty minutes. Lee finished the season dressing in Ottawa’s last six regular-season games and playing in all four playoffs meetings against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Lee, who played two seasons at the University of North Dakota, was Ottawa’s first-round pick (ninth overall) in the 2005 entry draft.

The Binghamton Senators (2-0-0-1) next see action tonight against the host Albany River Rats and then on Friday when they travel to Syracuse to face the Crunch. "

Wow... So does that mean Richardson in for good now? Rolling Eyes

That was my first nightmare thought. Yikes. We need a puck mover more than ever now. I wonder if this means Murray has a deal in principle for one.

With or without Lee, we needed a puck mover. The only spot on the ice Lee was moving the puck to was our slot. This teams will be a much better team next year and going forward then this year.

People are going to have to realize that this is a transition year. We may or may not make the playoffs, but with guys like Elliott, Bass, Smith and Lee in Bingo, they will improve while the big club is assesed by Harstberg and Murray. McAmmond will be gone next year, same with Richardson, Schubert and probably Kuba.

Murray will take his shot at J BO if he cant trade for him this year, and we can use the draft pics we have.

I'm excitted about this team going forward, this year will be a struggle though. 3 Years, this team will be the best team in the East again, hands down. Well, with Washington.

33Lee sent back to Bingo... - Page 2 Empty Re: Lee sent back to Bingo... Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
At this point we should just trade for a real defenseman that will actually have an impact.

There are rumblings of this already. I knew there would be...give it some time. Up Picard's minutes and make Richardson a 7 minute guy - then we'll see where we're at with Lee or if we're acquiring someone.

I would put $$ on acquiring someone....soon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum