GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Lagoon
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's true what was being mentioned on 1200. When Batherson, Brown and Tkachuk all fill out completely, that is a line that will be tough to handle down low.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:4 months would mean January, so not the whole season at least

Perfect timing for Boro / Hainsey trade rumors to begin. Boro will probably be injured by then anyway so who knows.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:On a side note, all three assistants could be traded by the deadline.

I’m sure Dorion wants to keep Boro but do we really need him instead of injecting young talent into the team?

The first reaction was that Hainsey would be a trade chip this year - and I think he still will be, but with such tremendous backing by his head coach in championing to get him and putting a letter on him etc, could Hainsey want to stay and perhaps play out his career around enthusiastic youth? And if so, Smith would love to have him, or so it appears.

Any chance he stays does anyone think?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:On a side note, all three assistants could be traded by the deadline.

I’m sure Dorion wants to keep Boro but do we really need him instead of injecting young talent into the team?

The first reaction was that Hainsey would be a trade chip this year - and I think he still will be, but with such tremendous backing by his head coach in championing to get him and putting a letter on him etc, could Hainsey want to stay and perhaps play out his career around enthusiastic youth?  And if so, Smith would love to have him, or so it appears.

Any chance he stays does anyone think?

Maybe if he plays well? but I doubt it. he's a man among kids. one of him or boro might be back but not both. and the organization seems to like boro

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not a fan of putting the A on two 6-7 d-men. One of them should always be sitting in the press room. Instead, one of them is bound to always be in the ice. Guess they'll teach the kids the art of landing a top five pick.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hainsey is a 5 at worst, probably a top 4 in a pinch.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Not a fan of putting the A on two 6-7 d-men.  One of them should always be sitting in the press room. Instead, one of them is bound to always be in the ice.  Guess they'll teach the kids the art of landing a top five pick.

There would be no reason for Hanisey to ever be scratched IMO.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lassi Thomson with two goals, two PP one timers, in his first Liiga game. That shot will be welcomed here.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Not a fan of putting the A on two 6-7 d-men.  One of them should always be sitting in the press room. Instead, one of them is bound to always be in the ice.  Guess they'll teach the kids the art of landing a top five pick.

Boro is a different story

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

To play devil's advocate, it's a pretty soft defence without Boro in their though.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I agree Boro shouldn't be in the lineup every night. I don't think he will, so the A would just go to whoever is hot or something I bet

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:

To play devil's advocate, it's a pretty soft defence without Boro in their though.

To play devil's advocate some more.

Top five teams - hits per game:

1. Pittsburgh
2. Vegas
3. Montreal
4. Edmonton
5. New York Rangers

(two playoff teams)

Bottom five teams - hits per game:

27. Buffalo
28. Nashville
29. Toronto
30. Chicago
31. Calgary

(three playoff teams)

Other stats:

- Ottawa (worst team in the league) finished 19th. Winnipeg, Dallas, Vancouver ahead of them. Philly, Detroit, Columbus right behind.
- St. Louis finished 24th. Boston finished 15th. Difference of three hits per game
- Pitt avg. of 28.8 hpg vs Calgary avg. of 15
- Boston, Tampa, Winnipeg, Colorado, NYR had the most PIMs per game. (4 playoff teams)
- Vegas, Arizona, Buffalo, Columbus, Toronto had the least PIMs per game. (3 playoff teams)

I think 'toughness' is overrated. Maybe 'timely' toughness is something more representative but I don't think hits or playing a 'dirty' game really matter.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:

To play devil's advocate some more.

Top five teams - hits per game:

1. Pittsburgh
2. Vegas
3. Montreal
4. Edmonton
5. New York Rangers

(two playoff teams)

Bottom five teams - hits per game:

27. Buffalo
28. Nashville
29. Toronto
30. Chicago
31. Calgary

(three playoff teams)

Other stats:

- Ottawa (worst team in the league) finished 19th. Winnipeg, Dallas, Vancouver ahead of them. Philly, Detroit, Columbus right behind.
- St. Louis finished 24th. Boston finished 15th. Difference of three hits per game
- Pitt avg. of 28.8 hpg vs Calgary avg. of 15
- Boston, Tampa, Winnipeg, Colorado, NYR had the most PIMs per game. (4 playoff teams)
- Vegas, Arizona, Buffalo, Columbus, Toronto had the least PIMs per game. (3 playoff teams)

I think 'toughness' is overrated. Maybe 'timely' toughness is something more representative but I don't think hits or playing a 'dirty' game really matter.

Ergo, Boro is unnecessary.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

I think Christian jaros is more than capable to replace that and is a more productive player

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:I think Christian jaros is more than capable to replace that and is a more productive player

Absolutely. More mobile, more effective, more everything.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum