GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chabot signs a new 8 year, 8 million per contract!

+6
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
Ev
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Since Tkachuk was brought up, I think you will see him holdout as it runs in the family. Actually, I’m almost positive he will just like Dad and brother.

I would disagree just because they will have plenty of cap space, unlike the Flames.

I don't think he'll get 8 mill like Chabot.

I think he goes max term on a $7 AAV deal. I think he'll also get the C. Probably next summer is my guess.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:With the right tools you can whip that up in 10 minutes.

But they must have been thinking about it, picking out the right clip.

They stuck his face on Toby Maguire from Spiderman 3 for those who didn't know. Easy photoshop job.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Since Tkachuk was brought up, I think you will see him holdout as it runs in the family. Actually, I’m almost positive he will just like Dad and brother.

I would disagree just because they will have plenty of cap space, unlike the Flames.

I think he goes max term on a $7 AAV deal. I think he'll also get the C. Probably next summer is my guess.

At the draft is my guess

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:

There was no salary cap when Keith held out.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think it's simple, he'll want the same money as chabot and we'll give it.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:I think it's simple, he'll want the same money as chabot and we'll give it.

i'm also not sure he deserves it. as it's been stated Chabot is Elite or near. Tkachuk is going to be a very good hockey player but what"s his point total likely gonna be? obviously, he brings more to the table but still.

i guess it depends what the market looks like a year(or possibly two years, depending on when he chooses to sign) from now. right now i think his brother could argue for a 7Mill per ticket on a max term or close. maybe 5.25-6 on a 3 year. now i believe that Tkachuk might be the better of both players but if the market never moved next year and given that Tkachuk manages 25 goals and 50 points, counting his continual progression, he would probably fetch 7-7.5 on a longer-term deal.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

But Chabot did not get elite (Karlsson) money and she Karlsson didn't get what elite forwards are getting. Lastly, the cap will rise in the next 2 years.

He can very easily be getting Chabot's money.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm still surprised at this deal. No signing bonus money, reasonable $$$ at max term. At the very least, this shows that Chabot believes in the young group of players currently here.

I think Melnyk is out the door before the 20/21 season starts, and all will be right with the world.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, it means a lot in terms of chabot believing in this rebuild. Really, top to bottom one of the best signings in Ottawa history.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I'm still surprised at this deal.  No signing bonus money, reasonable $$$ at max term.  At the very least, this shows that Chabot believes in the young group of players currently here.  

I think Melnyk is out the door before the 20/21 season starts, and all will be right with the world.  

i sure hope he's out the door and i bet players feel the same.

this can't go on forever with Melnyk anyways. he can't financially keep going for years.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I'm still surprised at this deal.  No signing bonus money, reasonable $$$ at max term.  At the very least, this shows that Chabot believes in the young group of players currently here.  

i sure hope he's out the door and i bet players feel the same.

this can't go on forever with Melnyk anyways. he can't financially keep going for years.

When you reach the point of facing lawsuits because of unpaid debts......the writing is on the wall.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I've got this feeling that we're all wrong she Melnyk I'd just cheap, not broke. Trump has the same history of people don't him for shipping on payments. And now he's POTUS.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I've got this feeling that we're all wrong she Melnyk I'd just cheap, not broke.  Trump has the same history of people don't him for shipping on payments. And now he's POTUS.

Cheap people don't finance and re-finance their debt. Cheap people are in the black and are cheap to avoid going into the red.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:I've got this feeling that we're all wrong she Melnyk I'd just cheap, not broke.  Trump has the same history of people don't him for shipping on payments. And now he's POTUS.

Cheap people don't finance and re-finance their debt. Cheap people are in the black and are cheap to avoid going into the red.

Not to be that guy but there are a lot of tax advantages to financing with debt. Not that I think Melnyk can cover his losses but a very cheap person would rather use someone else’s money than his to invest if it means the right amount of debt allows for maximum tax advantages.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OPM. Other People's Money. As addictive as Opium.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum