GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chabot signs a new 8 year, 8 million per contract!

+6
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
Ev
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Kyle Bukauskas
✔
@SNkylebukauskas
Brady Tkachuk on Chabot’s new deal: “It’s an awesome day and we know he’s going to be paying for a lot of dinners now so I’m very happy to be a close friend of his.”

I imagine Brady will get something similar. Probably in the $6-7.5M range.

Same exact contract IMO.

Ohhh, I dunno about that. Chabot has elite potential. Tkachuk has 'star' potential and plays a much more physical game. But I Brady has two years to prove his worth. I think he ends up closer to $7M.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PTFlea wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Kyle Bukauskas
✔
@SNkylebukauskas
Brady Tkachuk on Chabot’s new deal: “It’s an awesome day and we know he’s going to be paying for a lot of dinners now so I’m very happy to be a close friend of his.”

I imagine Brady will get something similar. Probably in the $6-7.5M range.

Same exact contract IMO.

Ohhh, I dunno about that. Chabot has elite potential. Tkachuk has 'star' potential and plays a much more physical game. But I Brady has two years to prove his worth. I think he ends up closer to $7M.

The thing that's gonna make Tkachuk so attractive is that he plays the game the way you need it played to win in the playoffs. Not only does he have excellent skill, but he plays with a chip on his shoulder, he appears committed and he's Cussing HUGE - and he'll only get stronger.

I think teams who realize they need to get over the hump to win a championship will be killing themselves to get this guy - and I also think he hits 30+ goals because he's so big and so aggressive that if you're not a big, burly D-man, you will lose the battle with him and he'll get prime scoring opportunities.

We'll see, I just want to sign him long term when the time comes, I don't care if it's 7 or 8, but I have a feeling it'll be a big contract.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

In 2 years' time $8M will be the new $7M anyway.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ya I don't see him signing a bridge given the way he plays. He'll need security of a long-term contract in case he gets hurt, IMO.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

This is fantastic news, what a great deal for that term.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

They've known for awhile obviously....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1174687717155835904

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

this is great news! you gotta believe the players believe there is ownership change ahead. this isn't overpayment either. had they gone 9 maybe but still would have been understandable.

i can see them locking up players pretty fast now when they come up. tkatchuk will be next.
this is probably the first key to building the team long term and getting it right.

now please Melnyk, go the Diddle away!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I want Bill Comrie (The Brick) to buy the team. He since bought a CFL team and they will the Grey Cop that year. He bought a part of the Whitesox and they won the World Series that year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hobiesens wrote:They've known for awhile obviously....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1174687717155835904

That could be whipped up pretty quick though. I doubt they've known more than since 8 or 9 PM last night - if that. Do you?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

With the right tools you can whip that up in 10 minutes.

But they must have been thinking about it, picking out the right clip.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So basically Chabot is under contract with us for the next 9 years... let that sink in. Cheers

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Can’t complain about the term, but I think the money is a bit high.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:So basically Chabot is under contract with us for the next 9 years... let that sink in. Cheers

At a very cap friendly number for what he'll be worth in a couple short years.

- Unknown Author

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Since Tkachuk was brought up, I think you will see him holdout as it runs in the family. Actually, I’m almost positive he will just like Dad and brother.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Since Tkachuk was brought up, I think you will see him holdout as it runs in the family. Actually, I’m almost positive he will just like Dad and brother.

I would disagree just because they will have plenty of cap space, unlike the Flames.

I don't think he'll get 8 mill like Chabot.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Since Tkachuk was brought up, I think you will see him holdout as it runs in the family. Actually, I’m almost positive he will just like Dad and brother.

I would disagree just because they will have plenty of cap space, unlike the Flames.

I think he goes max term on a $7 AAV deal. I think he'll also get the C. Probably next summer is my guess.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:With the right tools you can whip that up in 10 minutes.

But they must have been thinking about it, picking out the right clip.

They stuck his face on Toby Maguire from Spiderman 3 for those who didn't know. Easy photoshop job.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:

I think he goes max term on a $7 AAV deal. I think he'll also get the C. Probably next summer is my guess.

At the draft is my guess

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum