GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chabot signs a new 8 year, 8 million per contract!

+6
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
Ev
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We've been through a lot.

This is thread worthy.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I personally am sitting here absolutely stunned that they inked him to that kind of deal. Below value IMO and the term is wonderful.

Unreal!

Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

I just saw it online almost yelled at work so awesome

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:I just saw it online almost yelled at work so awesome

My buddy texted me to tell me and I legit didn't believe it.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yup no complaints there. I didn't think there was much chance he'd go elsewhere, but nice to see it actually happen

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No back or front loading, no bonuses, no lockout protection. And Melnyk can trade for picks in 4 years (10-team limited NTC in the last 4 years).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:No back or front loading, no bonuses, no lockout protection.  And Melnyk can trade for picks in 4 years (10-team limited NTC in the last 4 years).

there's no way Melnyk is here in 4 years lol

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:No back or front loading, no bonuses, no lockout protection.  And Melnyk can trade for picks in 4 years (10-team limited NTC in the last 4 years).

there's no way Melnyk is here in 4 years lol

Yeah, please no.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Great deal for everyone. Furthers the notion that Eugene will be selling Smile

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kyle Bukauskas
✔
@SNkylebukauskas
Brady Tkachuk on Chabot’s new deal: “It’s an awesome day and we know he’s going to be paying for a lot of dinners now so I’m very happy to be a close friend of his.”

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:Kyle Bukauskas
✔
@SNkylebukauskas
Brady Tkachuk on Chabot’s new deal: “It’s an awesome day and we know he’s going to be paying for a lot of dinners now so I’m very happy to be a close friend of his.”

I imagine Brady will get something similar. Probably in the $6-7.5M range.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
✔
@SNkylebukauskas

Same exact contract IMO.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
✔
@SNkylebukauskas

Same exact contract IMO.

Ohhh, I dunno about that. Chabot has elite potential. Tkachuk has 'star' potential and plays a much more physical game. But I Brady has two years to prove his worth. I think he ends up closer to $7M.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PTFlea wrote:
✔
@SNkylebukauskas

Same exact contract IMO.

Ohhh, I dunno about that. Chabot has elite potential. Tkachuk has 'star' potential and plays a much more physical game. But I Brady has two years to prove his worth. I think he ends up closer to $7M.

The thing that's gonna make Tkachuk so attractive is that he plays the game the way you need it played to win in the playoffs. Not only does he have excellent skill, but he plays with a chip on his shoulder, he appears committed and he's Cussing HUGE - and he'll only get stronger.

I think teams who realize they need to get over the hump to win a championship will be killing themselves to get this guy - and I also think he hits 30+ goals because he's so big and so aggressive that if you're not a big, burly D-man, you will lose the battle with him and he'll get prime scoring opportunities.

We'll see, I just want to sign him long term when the time comes, I don't care if it's 7 or 8, but I have a feeling it'll be a big contract.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

In 2 years' time $8M will be the new $7M anyway.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum