GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+6
Lagoon
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There will be more film for European prospects before the draft though. Raymond could have a huge start to the year.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:There will be more film for European prospects before the draft though. Raymond could have a huge start to the year.

Raymond will be watched closely and Stutzle's dynamic skill won't be lost on scouts. Imagine if he had played in the OHL last year? Goodness gracious...

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Agreed. We're walking away with two amazing players no matter how you slice the pie

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:There will be more film for European prospects before the draft though. Raymond could have a huge start to the year.

Raymond will be watched closely and Stutzle's dynamic skill won't be lost on scouts.  Imagine if he had played in the OHL last year?  Goodness gracious...

he should have. we'd have a better gauge.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Raymond will be watched closely and Stutzle's dynamic skill won't be lost on scouts.  Imagine if he had played in the OHL last year?  Goodness gracious...

Which is better for development though? Probably a men's league. If you believe the hype, a lot of people think he could have wrecked the ohl.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Which is better for development though?  Probably a men's league.  If you believe the hype, a lot of people think he could have wrecked the ohl.
that's a good question. at any rate he'd be easier to see him with players of comparable age and how he fairs on north american ice sizes and style of play.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Heard him on the radio today. More than happy to take him at 3 if he slides. Some suggesting the gap between him and Lafrenniere is relatively small, while Byfield has a higher ceiling but is more of a work in progress that needs patience.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Heard him on the radio today. More than happy to take him at 3 if he slides. Some suggesting the gap between him and Lafrenniere is relatively small, while Byfield has a higher ceiling but is more of a work in progress that needs patience.

His name is annoying though. Apparently it's pronounced Stootzluh

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I thought you were suggest the name Tim was annoying Razz

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I thought you were suggest the name Tim was annoying Razz

"Tim" is the finest of names. Although it sounds like he likes being called Timmy?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Heard him on the radio today. More than happy to take him at 3 if he slides. Some suggesting the gap between him and Lafrenniere is relatively small, while Byfield has a higher ceiling but is more of a work in progress that needs patience.

Gee...who has been saying that.... tongue

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I thought you were suggest the name Tim was annoying Razz

"Tim" is the finest of names.  Although it sounds like he likes being called Timmy?

Tim, Jim - it's all the same. And can't help but think of Timmy from South Park. Timm-ay!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

heard that aslo. he interviews well.

but Button is often the person you're using on quotes. the more years go by the less I like referring to Button.
i feel he falls in love with prospects and it colors his judgment.

don't get me wrong, I wot be sad if we pick him at 3rd and expect the sens to make that pick if it comes to him falling to 3rd but i think there's a lot of people that ignore some aspects of his game that wouldn't do so for other players. he's the sexy pick right now. the flavor of the month.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Would anyone trade 5 for tkachuk in Calgary?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:Would anyone trade 5 for tkachuk in Calgary?

In a heartbeat. Calgary would never do it. It isn’t even close.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Just quoting you but this is a general comment.

The kid does one interview and everybody is on board with taking him early. I still take Perfetti over Stützle and still have Stutzle as being the 8th BPA. He has many reservations from me that are not easy to correct and almost impossible to pull off in the NHL. I question his ability to read the play, play in a middle of the ice and make the play there. He’s basically the opposite of Byfield in this entire scenario. Byfield defaults to the middle so much it actually harms him sometimes; whereas Stutzle defaults to the outside because he can’t make plays in traffic. Stutzle is a freelancer and can’t create through his linemates. His flaws are many. Perfetti’s only flaws are skating and pace and they are known to be easy areas to improve with drilled attention. Stutzle’s pace and skating unquestionable. Those are his two strengths along with stick handling. Let’s list his flaws shall we? He constantly overhandles the puck and tries to play the game like it is a skill competition. The German league isn’t known for its defence or its structure. His interior attacks did get better as his season wore on, but only once inside the zone. His transitional attack however is still very one dimensional from the outside. His off-puck offence and shooting is abysmal. He doesn’t find open areas of ice for his teammates to find him. He’s always over skating the puck because his desire to play short support. He’s inefficient. He constantly throws pucks away. He’s got handling issues. He will telegraph his pass for seconds before attempting it. Free-wheeling is not creativity and he lacks that. He defaults to just skating in circles on the outside when his one play isn’t there for him. His problem solving is atrocious. He can’t manipulate a defence at all. He simply gets by because of his skating, pace and hands in a completely inferior league and larger ice surface. Every single flaw he has, they are hard to break and his IQ won’t allow his style to change on the fly. The NHL has layers of defence, he routinely can’t get through a single layer.

Watch his games, watch his shifts. Don’t watch his highlights.

I get it. I even like dreaming that Byfield will fall to 3 to us, but Byfield is closer to 1 than he is 3. Stutzle is my 8. If we take Stutzle, it will be a mistake and we will see names be much better NHLers that we’re taken after him.

Lafreniere
Byfield
Raymond
Rossi
Drysdale
Holtz
Perfetti
Stutzle
Lundell
Askarov
Sanderson

Last edited by Lagoon on Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Would anyone trade 5 for tkachuk in Calgary?

In a heartbeat. Calgary would never do it. It isn’t even close.

What about for the 3rd?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Yes. But Calgary would still never do it in my opinion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum