GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019!

+7
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Lagoon
Flo The Action
Ev
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 36  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 36]

151TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:11 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, I'd probably do Connor and Trouba for Stone and Ceci.  The problem is I have no idea what new contracts for Connor and Trouba will look like...but being RFAs they could be resigned without too much hassle.

Exactly my thoughts.
Stone could put up crazy numbers with better linemates. Connor would likely regress but is younger so there is still upside.

152TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:56 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, I'd probably do Connor and Trouba for Stone and Ceci.  The problem is I have no idea what new contracts for Connor and Trouba will look like...but being RFAs they could be resigned without too much hassle.

If Stone won't sign then I think any team would take that offer. Trouba is up and down but Connor would be better than any 1st or prospect from other teams.

153TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:16 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What do you guys think? First Ottawa trade announced Sunday night? Monday morning? Or are the Sens gonna cut it close to the deadline?

I can’t see the parties interested wanting to wait it out. Some will cut bait and go for a cheaper player to acquire taking leverage away from Dorion. Which if we take a look at how mismanaged this team has been is exactly what’s gonna happen...

I fly to Cuba on Sunday so I imagine the terrible internet connections are going to prevent me from getting news often. I took trade deadline day off, hopefully it’s worth it.

154TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:18 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I doubt the Stone/Duchene things drag on until deadline day, but it's hard to know for sure.

155TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:23 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nothing to base this on but I have a feeling we won't be losing both. Just a feeling. I think one or the other will cave and sign and trust the process.

156TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:42 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm with Ev. I think Duchene stays and Stone goes. I also think Stone goes early (ie: Monday or Tuesday of this week). They may be waiting for the Jets-Sens game to complete this weekend.

157TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:47 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm with Ev. I think Duchene stays and Stone goes. I also think Stone goes early (ie: Monday or Tuesday of this week). They may be waiting for the Jets-Sens game to complete this weekend.

You know, you may have something there. Maybe here’s a scenario where Duchene wants to see that we get a good NHL player like Roslovic back in return to know the team isn’t far away.

I have my doubts about Roslovic though. That’s a stacked team he’s playing on.

158TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:18 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Interesting article, and quite recent:
https://www.arcticicehockey.com/2019/2/15/18218434/the-winnipeg-jets-are-bad-montreal-canadiens-morrow-joe-cheveldayoff-enstrom-toby-little-bryan-habs

Basically they're saying the Jets are not close to being a contender. Certainly not closer enough where a one player deadline addition will make them into a contender. One big issue is on the back end where too many are playing above their abilities. Byfuglien is getting older and with his style of play long injuries like the one he just had are likely on the menu going forward. Trouba for Ceci will not make it better (unless you hope that a change of scenery will solve all of Ceci's issues -- they could). The other name mentioned was Sami Niku. Is he being called up as trade bait or a replacement for Trouba? Assuming the Jets management don't subscribe to what that article is saying they are hanging on to Trouba for the playoff run, meaning Niku is trade bait. Who else, though?

159TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:32 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Do we really need another AHL defenseman? Wolanin has more NHL experience (and success) and had had a better season in the AHL. We don't need Niku.

Ceci is as good as gone according to many so we need a rightie (currently we have DeMelo, Jaros, Burgdoerfer and Bergman at the pro level, JDB in the NCAA -- that's assuming Ceci is gone). Unless you think JDB is going to make the team in September we absolutely need a RHD, preferably one who can play top-four. Trouba would be fantastic, but I just don't see how Winnipeg gives him up trying to go deep.

160TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:33 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Nothing to base this on but I have a feeling we won't be losing both. Just a feeling. I think one or the other will cave and sign and trust the process.

You can't "trust the process" with Eugene at the helm.

161TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:16 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Do we really need another AHL defenseman? Wolanin has more NHL experience (and success) and had had a better season in the AHL. We don't need Niku.

Ceci is as good as gone according to many so we need a rightie (currently we have DeMelo, Jaros, Burgdoerfer and Bergman at the pro level, JDB in the NCAA -- that's assuming Ceci is gone). Unless you think JDB is going to make the team in September we absolutely need a RHD, preferably one who can play top-four.  Trouba would be fantastic, but I just don't see how Winnipeg gives him up trying to go deep.

Trouva would be fantastic for the Sens.... if we weren’t rebuilding. Plus I doubt he would sign an extension in Ottawa. Just won’t happen.

162TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:17 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If we trade with the jets look for Petan to be involved in the trade and a D along with a first. I wouldn’t be a fan of Petan.

163TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:04 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Stone to Winnipeg makes great sense for the Jets and for Stone (assuming he would want to go back home). I don't see any decent trade return for the Sens.

164TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:23 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Stone to Winnipeg makes great sense for the Jets and for Stone (assuming he would want to go back home).  I don't see any decent trade return for the Sens.

Vegas is apparently bidding as well. But they want him resigned understandingly.

I hope they win. They have some nice pieces.

If they can somehow package either:
1st, Glass, Whitecloud and another pick I’ll be over the moon.

1st, Theodore And Brannstrom works as well.

I prefer the first package as it gives us another great option at Center especially if wind up losing duchene and a good righty Dman prospect.

But if they are trying to sell to duchene the idea of quickly competing then they might want an NHL player now and be asking for Theodore. I added Brannstrom because I imagine they will be asking for one of their top prospects and I cants see Vegas parting ways with both Theodore and Glass. Although I’d take that too.

After all this I bet I’m disappinted with the return. I feel Dorion oversells himself in lower prospects possibilities.

165TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:58 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He'll probably end up with quantity and sell it as quality.

- Unknown Author

166TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:57 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:He'll probably end up with quantity and sell it as quality.

Thats been the model so far. There were good pieces in the kalrsson trade but nothing close to what it should be. I’m tired of « useful » pieces. We can draft those. I want high quality players and prospects.

Speaking of, haven’t heard any talks of trading Tierney yet. Not much on Boedker either. But I guess they aren’t UFA’s so maybe next year.

167TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:44 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Interesting , Friedman saying that contract talks are heating up with Stone but not for Duchene and he may be being shopped right now. We’ll see what happens

168TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! - Page 11 Empty Re: TRADE DEADLINE BONANZA 2019! Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:02 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

UFA’s tonight making a case for themselves to be traded at a premium?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 36]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum