GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Belleville Sens Talk

+6
PTFlea
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
tim1_2
Ev
SeawaySensFan
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 28]

391Belleville Sens Talk - Page 27 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:32 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Mind you, the best rookies go straight to the NHL. Looking at the list of the best rookie seasons in the AHL since '85, I see a couple of current Sens (Ennis, Brown) and a former one (Connacher).

Not exactly murderers' row.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/awards/ahl?name=AHL+Most+Points+by+Rookie

392Belleville Sens Talk - Page 27 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:12 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Brown is still inured, Batherson has been in Ottawa, Norris and Jaros called up. So a loss and an OT win isn't awful.

Batherson and Norris were sent back (Batherson probably not staying long), Jaros too, earlier, I think.

They need reinforcements. Would Thomson consider coming over (or is he even eligible?) How does it work with the NCAA players? Could Pinto/JBD play in the post season after they're NCAA team is done?

393Belleville Sens Talk - Page 27 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:42 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Belleville's the 2nd overall team in the AHL and leads in Goals For by a huge margin. Can't wait to watch some AHL playoffs...feels weird to say that.

394Belleville Sens Talk - Page 27 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:13 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Belleville's the 2nd overall team in the AHL and leads in Goals For by a huge margin.  Can't wait to watch some AHL playoffs...feels weird to say that.

Might feel weird but it’s a lot better than “i guess we wait for the draft now come April.

395Belleville Sens Talk - Page 27 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Admirals lost in regulation. Belleville is 5 points back. The next few games the Admirals (as well as the Iowa Wild (2nd best winning percentage in the league) are on the road while the B-Sens are at home.

Dare to dream.

396Belleville Sens Talk - Page 27 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:52 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Might be a good thing Belleville has a bit of breathing room Brannstrom is out 4 to 6 weeks. Daccord is injured and Gus up and Hog back in Sweden

397Belleville Sens Talk - Page 27 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:04 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yikes.  Who's going in goal for Belleville?

Edit: I see Belleville signed goalie Clint Windsor to a professional tryout from the ECHL and they recalled Alex Dubeau from Brampton.

398Belleville Sens Talk - Page 27 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:42 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Brannstron has a wrist injury which initially was seen as day to day. 4-6 weeks sounds like a break. This will give Wolanin lots of ice time to get back in gear.

399Belleville Sens Talk - Page 27 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:46 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Daccord's injury doesn't sound as serious. I hope.

400Belleville Sens Talk - Page 27 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:30 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

He should be back this weekend. I listened to Mann on the radio. He Jaros and Wolanin are their own worst enemies and put too much pressure on themselves. Wolanin is on PP1 as the go-to dman while Jaros needs to focus on consistency and staying healthy.

He spoke very highly of Formenton. Said he should be good for 15-20 goals in the NHL and sees him as a 200 foot player who can kill penalties. He said their goal this year was to work on his defensive game but he ultimately kept producing every time he was put in offensive scenarios.

401Belleville Sens Talk - Page 27 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:19 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The ol' Gordie Howe hat trick for Josh Norris tonight. Beating Toronto 6-4 in the 3rd.

402Belleville Sens Talk - Page 27 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:10 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

8 goals by 8 different player. The bsens goalie on a PTO
Good win

403Belleville Sens Talk - Page 27 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:35 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Belleville's a really fun team to watch. They move the puck up the ice very quickly and break out so well...they often gain the opposing blue line with speed and generate a lot of chances off the rush. So nice to see.

404Belleville Sens Talk - Page 27 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:00 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Admirals won, so they are still 5 back. Will lost so they are now solidly in second (2 points up, no games in hand).

Not that it matters, really, completely different division. But I suppose having home ice in the semis and finals is on the line.

405Belleville Sens Talk - Page 27 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:13 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Norris got a Gordie Howe Harry last night. Pretty convincing win in the fight:

https://twitter.com/TSN1200/status/1235561947636150272?s=19

406Belleville Sens Talk - Page 27 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:27 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Norris got a Gordie Howe Harry last night. Pretty convincing win in the fight:

https://twitter.com/TSN1200/status/1235561947636150272?s=19

Yeah, I posted about his Gordie Howe hatty up above. The Karlsson trade looks better with each passing day.

407Belleville Sens Talk - Page 27 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:06 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

We just need SJ to start losing games again

408Belleville Sens Talk - Page 27 Empty Re: Belleville Sens Talk Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:12 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:We just need SJ to start losing games again

we can help them in that territory on saturday... just not gonna help our case.
but at least it will put some extra spice to the game. No OT please!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum