GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT#13: Senators @ Sabres: 2:00 PM, Nov 3

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Two good periods, some puck luck and a hot goalie got them a regulation win on Thursday. They are back at it this afternoon, this time in Buffalo. Another regulation win will leapfrog them past the Sabres and into a wildcard spot.

Anderson will be on goal, with McKenna the likely sacrifcial lamb tomorrow against Tampa.

Formenton is back in Junior so Rodewald gets the callup.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wonder if they'll keep Dzingel - Duchene - Stone as a line. I don't seem to know what to expect out of the Sens these days, so who knows what happens this afternoon.

On a side note, I appreciate you doing up the game day thread. I started a new job this past Monday and have been pretty busy!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So many thoughts...

1.rodewald apparently deserved the call, so that's great. Hopefully we can give batherson and tambellini a shot soon as well.

2.100 percent the sens need to use 7 d and make sure some of them are fresh for the third, because we get screwed in the 2nd and third periods.

3.time for duchene to explode and I think he will. This is a weak team defensively and can be exploited (funnily they're saying the same in buffalo right now).

4.we absolutely need boedker to tally some points right now. Tierney has been unreal, but if we dont get some other secondary scoring we're Cussed. That's why I thought they might call up batherson.

5. For the love of beans you have to win battles in the defensive zone. Holy smoke, you cant let teams have their way with you in your own zone and depend on Anderson all the time.

6.jaros has been excellent. I'd get him into a bigger role if possible. His passing is excellent.

I dunno, that's it. I'll pvr and watch tonight so I can chill.

Go sens

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh and nick paul was bang on last game. Keep it up!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Formenton has scored more goals than Pyatt and Paajarvi have *points*. Combined!

Sorry, but 12 games in with zero points is completely unacceptable.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

With that kind of non-production on your 4th line you should absolutely play just 11 forwards.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I agree, 7D is the way to go for now...especially since that should diminish Ceci's ice time.

If they're gonna do an afternoon game, make it a noon or 1pm start. 2pm is weird and start's running close to dinner time for those that have plans or have to cook.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Pratt has been solid, same with pajarvi, but eventually you have young players take those spots who have offence

Keep fresh for the third. Man that was bad Thursday

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

3-0 lead for a team full of young players? Not at all surprised. This is how they learn. Duchene gave them a bit of a lecture.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yikes!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Chabot not great on the coverage there.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action