GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+9
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Who were the 7D on the Capitals, for example? Bowey, Chorney, Kempny. You're saying Chris Wideman would be fighting for ice time with those guys?

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:But we're not taking about to four. Your said half our D are 7D.

If they still insist on playing Ceci as a shutdown guy it doesn't matter who plays with him; it will be disasterous.

Yeah I did. After karlsson, Ceci and chabot it’s pretty much 7th D. I think Wideman is a 6th, 7D on a good team. My opinion. I don’t think he’s shown enough to get enough minutes or to be paired on nothing more than the bottom pairing. If anything I think he’d be better utilized on the PP but not as much outside of it.

I totally agree though that Ceci is miscast as a shutdown D. I have no idea why that decision has been made or what they are trying to teach him but they are completely limiting his potential. They better not do that to chabot.
If kalrsson gets dealt I hope they get in return an all around good Dman good in all zones. Someone that could grow with chabot for the top pairing. Sergachev and chabot pairing might be crazy, too young to handle that responsibility but deadly down the line. Or I like the idea of Theodore out of Vegas that could play with Ceci. But that leaves a hole on the right side.

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Interesting to see the Dvorak and Larkin deals. 6 and 5 years. Nice to see teams not going for the max lengths.

I wouldn't be surprised if contract length is a contentious issue in the next CBA.

I hope taxation issues are somehow discussed. Unfair that Canadian teams have to deal with both higher taxes and exchange rates. Wish there was an offset.
Be careful what you wish for. For example, to offset higher taxes in Ontario, Quebec and California, clubs in those markets have 14% more cap room to equal cap room for teams from Florida, Texas, Washington, Tennessee, etc....

If a player is traded to a lower tax team then the add on pay is gone.

Essentially it would give high taxation teams extra cap space, which would be used by the Leafs to their advantage, while teams like the Sens would not fall further behind.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Brower signs in Florida. seems like typical Florida move. Brower was never gonna live up to that deal. could be a very good pick up for Florida though. decent third liner but very good 4rth liner

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:

If they still insist on playing Ceci as a shutdown guy it doesn't matter who plays with him; it will be disasterous.

Yeah I did. After karlsson, Ceci and chabot it’s pretty much 7th D. I think Wideman is a 6th, 7D on a good team. My opinion. I don’t think he’s shown enough to get enough minutes or to be paired on nothing more than the bottom pairing. If anything I think he’d be better utilized on the PP but not as much outside of it.

I totally agree though that Ceci is miscast as a shutdown D. I have no idea why that decision has been made or what they are trying to teach him but they are completely limiting his potential. They better not do that to chabot.
If kalrsson gets dealt I hope they get in return an all around good Dman good in all zones. Someone that could grow with chabot for the top pairing. Sergachev and chabot pairing might be crazy, too young to handle that responsibility but deadly down the line. Or I like the idea of Theodore out of Vegas that could play with Ceci. But that leaves a hole on the right side.

Yup. I agree with the bolded.  Smile

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Smarty pants
Smartass Sarcasm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Smarty pants
Smartass Sarcasm

Smile

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'd personally like to see a Boro/Harpur-Ceci as our 5/6 combo.
Leave Chabot and Wolanin in the top-four. But it all depends on what happens with Karlsson.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think Ceci is a T4, just not a shutdown guy. Boro, Jaros, Harpur all have the physical component you typically expect from a shutdown guy. Unfortunately they all play the left side.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Maybe Ceci should play the left side.

Ceci-Karlsson
Chabot-Wideman
Wolanin-Jaros

I'm scared of any second pairing with Ceci. Playing with Karlsson means he'll spend most of his time on the offensive zone.

Chabot-Wideman are both good passers and Chabot is a great skater. They should be able to move the puck out.

Wolanin-Jaros would then be the PK pairing. Yikes.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Scary. But I'd still like to try it.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That is a sad state if that's the Sens top 6 D.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think the Sens D lacks a bit of experience and could use a top-4 leftie. Oduya wasn't much of a loss, Phaneuf kinda was. Claesson was very odd. I didn't think he was as bad as not even getting a QO. It's not like he was making a lot of money, either.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I think the Sens D lacks a bit of experience and could use a top-4 leftie.  Oduya wasn't much of a loss, Phaneuf kinda was. Claesson was very odd.  I didn't think he was as bad as not even getting a QO. It's not like he was making a lot of money, either.

I don't think Claesson is a big loss. He was a fringe NHLer who had an awful season. It was a choice of Harpur over Claesson IMO.
But yes, the Sens D is atrocious. But Chabot is coming in a bit bigger and anyone over Oduya is an upgrade. Having Wideman back should help as well. I expect to see Jaros on the team at some point this year as well as a big shutdown d-man to play with Chabot or Wolanin going forward

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Maybe Ceci should play the left side.

Ceci-Karlsson
Chabot-Wideman
Wolanin-Jaros

I'm scared of any second pairing with Ceci.  Playing with Karlsson means he'll spend most of his time on the offensive zone.

Chabot-Wideman are both good passers and Chabot is a great skater. They should be able to move the puck out.

Wolanin-Jaros would then be the PK pairing. Yikes.

I can see Boro or Harpur getting reps with Karl. Stay at home d-man who can hit. It's not ideal but between Boro and Harpur I think that's who is logical to play with Karl. I also think Wolanin starts the year in Belleville

Harpur-Karl
Chabot-Ceci
Boro-Wideman

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

WTF is Harpur - Karlsson? No thanks. Based on watching Harpur last year, he shouldn't be in the NHL.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:WTF is Harpur - Karlsson?  No thanks.  Based on watching Harpur last year, he shouldn't be in the NHL.

You hope he figures out how to use his size. I am not saying it's a good combination. I am saying it's what is likely to happen.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:WTF is Harpur - Karlsson?  No thanks.  Based on watching Harpur last year, he shouldn't be in the NHL.

You hope he figures out how to use his size. I am not saying it's a good combination. I am saying it's what is likely to happen.

And I agree with you 100%. He isn't very good. Another misjudged Dorion signing. At least it is a low-risk contract.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum