GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT#8: Bruins @ Senators: 7:30PM, Oct. 23

+3
Ev
wprager
tim1_2
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

The Formenton and Stone penalties killed them. It was game over after they scored the 3-1 goal. Which is too bad since I thought the Sens were the better team all night. Young player mistakes.

I think Formenton should go back to junior. His speed is obviously NHL calibre but his hands and finish need some work. Hate to see him turn into another Condra. He can try to win a memorial cup with London, play in the world juniors, etc. I think there are better development opportunities out there.

Paul Carey is a plug. He needs to be sent back down. Let Chlapik or Paul take his place, or McCormick whenever he is back. And Ryan... ugh I was one of his biggest supporters on here but man is he bad. Still has great vision but he's making Spezza-type passes, doesn't shoot the puck, and can't seem to control the puck. Otherwise I thought everyone played well. Tough loss - they deserved a better fate last night

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, the Sens actually carried the play the bulk of the night...and that 5 on 3 cost them. As others have said, it's the kind of game you lose with a young team. I also agree with DefenceWinsChampionships...Formenton should back to junior. He's very close to being a NHL player, but could probably use one more season of scoring a pile of goals. As our roster stands now, when more healthy, he's likely not going to get a ton of playing time either, so junior will afford him to be on the ice more.

God damned Pastrnak.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The too many men on the ice penalty really did it, yeah.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, the Sens actually carried the play the bulk of the night...and that 5 on 3 cost them.  As others have said, it's the kind of game you lose with a young team.  I also agree with DefenceWinsChampionships...Formenton should back to junior.  He's very close to being a NHL player, but could probably use one more season of scoring a pile of goals.  As our roster stands now, when more healthy, he's likely not going to get a ton of playing time either, so junior will afford him to be on the ice more.

God damned Pastrnak.

Add Tkachuk back and all of a sudden the top nine gets pretty crowded. Wouldn't want Formenton playing bottom line minutes. I also thought White had another strong game. He made some really good heads up plays at both ends of the ice. Chlapik or Paul deserve a chance to play in the top nine too at some point which would push Smith to 4th line (where he should be) with Pyatt, Paajarvi, McCormick and Formenton battling it out for the final two roster spots.

Dzingel-Duchene-White
Tkachuk-Tierney-Stone
Boedker-Chlapik-Ryan
Paajarvi-Smith-Pyatt

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't know what I'd do with Formenton. He's so fast that he creates a lot of opportunities for us. I'm not sure what he could learn in juniors other than scoring a ton. I'd imagine it would be better for him to learn from Mark Stone than a junior teammate.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

It's a confidence thing IMO. The Sens lost the game because he took a bad penalty right after the Sens scored the tying goal. He has no points through 4 or 5 games. I think if he can lead Canada at the WJHC and play in London it would help him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:It's a confidence thing IMO. The Sens lost the game because he took a bad penalty right after the Sens scored the tying goal. He has no points through 4 or 5 games. I think if he can lead Canada at the WJHC and play in London it would help him.

That's certainly the argument. I'm personally not at all worried about the points. They'll come as he acclimatizes to the NHL. Too much speed and a nifty set of mitts. He'll be a 35 point guy if they stick with him this year, then more next year IMO. But yes, juniors offers a chance to dominate and be a part of the WJC

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

See that's just it. He doesn't have the nifty set of mitts. He needs his hands to catch up to his feet

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:See that's just it. He doesn't have the nifty set of mitts. He needs his hands to catch up to his feet

What came first question though. Do you coddle him in juniors where he'd wreck it, or do you simply give him NHL reps until it comes together under the guidance of Boucher, Duchene, Stone etc. The NHL is moving away from juniors for 'older' players IMO and rightfully so.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Bruins were there for the taking. Rask was prime for being yanked. If Brady was in the lineup I wonder how many of those in-close chances would have resulted in goals.

I heard Carey was returned to Belleville. That probably means Paul will finally get a chance. May very well be his last kick at the can in Ottawa.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:The Bruins were there for the taking. Rask was prime for being yanked. If Brady was in the lineup I wonder how many of those in-close chances would have resulted in goals.

I heard Carey was returned to Belleville. That probably means Paul will finally get a chance. May very well be his last kick at the can in Ottawa.
Maybe, or it just means McCormick is healthy.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:The Bruins were there for the taking. Rask was prime for being yanked. If Brady was in the lineup I wonder how many of those in-close chances would have resulted in goals.

Maybe, or it just means McCormick is healthy.

That's what I was thinking

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum