GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT#8: Bruins @ Senators: 7:30PM, Oct. 23

+3
Ev
wprager
tim1_2
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Bruins are in town for a rematch.  Hopefully the Sens can find a way to contain their big line.  I assume it'll be Matrix in net again.  Ceci will likely be back. Boston's on a 3 game losing streak, the Sens are on a 3 game winning streak.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boston is missing a few key players: Backes up front and McAvoy, Krug and Miller on the back-end. All but Krug are listed day-to-day.

Assuming 3 D regulars are out we have a chance. But they'll be pretty pissed off after losing to Vancouver.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I didn't realize the Bruins have D injury concerns...maybe they'd like to borrow Ceci tonight?

So the Sens have called up Jaros. I guess Harpur is likely out tonight, and Guy wants to go with 7D again.

Oh, and Formenton might also be back.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

$100 on bruins . Let’s go

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Boston is missing a few key players: Backes up front and McAvoy, Krug and Miller on the back-end. All but Krug are listed day-to-day.

Assuming 3 D regulars are out we have a chance. But they'll be pretty pissed off after losing to Vancouver.

That would explain their losing streak. Sens have a great chance at grabbing 2 points here. Emotion can only get you so far without the right guys on the ice.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That f-ing top line of theirs is a nightmare. Ugh.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Even though Jaros has been called up and Ceci hasn't played in 2 week, Boucher is still going with 6D. I don't get it. Perfect way to ease Ceci back into the lineup gently, and he (probably) sends him back to the top of the ice time charts.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Can't spell 'crucified' without 'ceci'. Just saying. He better be lights out tonight or he's in trouble

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Ceci is out for tonight and Harper is out both injured still. Boucher doesn't have much choice but to go with the 12 and 6 scheme

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Looks like they will be playing Jaros and Lajoie as a pairing

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Looks like they will be playing Jaros and Lajoie as a pairing

Thumbs up.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Looking good until the third.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

The Formenton and Stone penalties killed them. It was game over after they scored the 3-1 goal. Which is too bad since I thought the Sens were the better team all night. Young player mistakes.

I think Formenton should go back to junior. His speed is obviously NHL calibre but his hands and finish need some work. Hate to see him turn into another Condra. He can try to win a memorial cup with London, play in the world juniors, etc. I think there are better development opportunities out there.

Paul Carey is a plug. He needs to be sent back down. Let Chlapik or Paul take his place, or McCormick whenever he is back. And Ryan... ugh I was one of his biggest supporters on here but man is he bad. Still has great vision but he's making Spezza-type passes, doesn't shoot the puck, and can't seem to control the puck. Otherwise I thought everyone played well. Tough loss - they deserved a better fate last night

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, the Sens actually carried the play the bulk of the night...and that 5 on 3 cost them. As others have said, it's the kind of game you lose with a young team. I also agree with DefenceWinsChampionships...Formenton should back to junior. He's very close to being a NHL player, but could probably use one more season of scoring a pile of goals. As our roster stands now, when more healthy, he's likely not going to get a ton of playing time either, so junior will afford him to be on the ice more.

God damned Pastrnak.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The too many men on the ice penalty really did it, yeah.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum