GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2018 Playoffs

+6
PTFlea
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
Flo The Action
Lagoon
tim1_2
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 19]

1962018 Playoffs - Page 14 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Sat May 12, 2018 7:33 am

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

I like my Washington pick. I’m counting on Backstrom being back soon though. It is nice to see the Caps can keep winning without him. Burakovsky seems close to returning as well. Those injuries are the reasons I picked the series to go the full 7 games.

Last edited by Lagoon on Sat May 12, 2018 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

1972018 Playoffs - Page 14 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Sat May 12, 2018 9:01 am

Hobiesens

Sophomore
Sophomore

I totally forgot and didn't even watch the game last night.

Tampa in 6
WPG in 6

If it's too late, oh well.

1982018 Playoffs - Page 14 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Sat May 12, 2018 10:00 am

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

I approve of your late entry if it matters. I wouldn’t want to win just because you were a couple hours late.

1992018 Playoffs - Page 14 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Sat May 12, 2018 11:20 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Spreadsheet updated with everyone's picks (that link from before should still work).

Nobody picked any sweeps, so nobody will be wrong tonight.

2002018 Playoffs - Page 14 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Sat May 12, 2018 11:40 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Man...Washington...good for them. The old "the team with the long layoff is rusty and the team that just played is rolling" thing happened.

2012018 Playoffs - Page 14 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Sat May 12, 2018 10:01 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

More of the same tonight.

Plus the refs were certainly giving the Vegans about as much love as the Canucks got against Finland.

2022018 Playoffs - Page 14 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Sat May 12, 2018 10:07 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Guy skates through the crease before the pick gets there, kicks the puck in as he's bumping the goalie out of the way and it's a goal.

How about the rule where you can't be in the crease if the puck isn't there yet?

2032018 Playoffs - Page 14 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Sat May 12, 2018 10:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is the rule for overturning goals:
(i) there was no actual contact of any kind initiated by the attacking Player with the goalkeeper; or (ii) the attacking Player was pushed, shoved or fouled by a defending Player causing the attacking Player to come into contact with the goalkeeper; or (iii) the attacking Player's positioning within the crease did not impair the goalkeeper's ability to defend his goal and, in fact, had no discernible impact on the play.

It's the last one that if the most contentious. They have former referees deciding if there was discernible impact on the play. A former goalie might have a slightly different take on this.

2042018 Playoffs - Page 14 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Sun May 13, 2018 11:29 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Didn't end up seeing the Jets game, but good for them. Hopefully they can take out Vegas...I would have a tough time stomaching it if they won the cup in their first year.

2052018 Playoffs - Page 14 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Sun May 13, 2018 7:40 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Backstrom out again.

2062018 Playoffs - Page 14 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Sun May 13, 2018 7:58 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:Didn't end up seeing the Jets game, but good for them.  Hopefully they can take out Vegas...I would have a tough time stomaching it if they won the cup in their first year.
Winnipeg looked fresh and dominant for the most part. Vegas looked rusty and I expect a closer game tomorrow night. There were times that the speed of Vegas and their transition game was able to get pressure and then keep it.

2072018 Playoffs - Page 14 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Sun May 13, 2018 8:39 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

And I’m about to turn this game off. This is atrocious, yet predictable.

2082018 Playoffs - Page 14 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Sun May 13, 2018 10:13 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:And I’m about to turn this game off. This is atrocious, yet predictable.

?? Pretty entertaining so far.

2092018 Playoffs - Page 14 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Mon May 14, 2018 6:57 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:
Lagoon wrote:And I’m about to turn this game off. This is atrocious, yet predictable.

??  Pretty entertaining so far.
Yup, it was fine. I’m just hate the way the game is called differently in the playoffs. That and how bad NHL refs are in general.

2102018 Playoffs - Page 14 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Mon May 14, 2018 10:00 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

??  Pretty entertaining so far.
Yup, it was fine. I’m just hate the way the game is called differently in the playoffs. That and how bad NHL refs are in general.

I think the best we can hope for these days is that the calls kind of even out over the course of a series.... I do wish the NHL would crack down extremely hard on the divers...like the dive PK took in game 7...start chucking suspensions at these guys and they'll stop.

2112018 Playoffs - Page 14 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Mon May 14, 2018 10:20 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I don’t care if it slows the game down, coaches should be able to challenge everything the refs get wrong. At least the game would be accurate. Also, refs need to be held more accountable.

2122018 Playoffs - Page 14 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Mon May 14, 2018 12:28 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NHL refs are nowhere near as bad as CFL. But I feel in both situations reviews have made them now reluctant to make the close calls. When the last time you saw pass interference called on a close play that wasn't the result on a coach's challenge?

It clearly looks like the refs don't want to make a call because they figure the coaches will just challenge of there should have been a call and the replay review will do the rest.

I'd like to see referee-initiated reviews where they admit that they aren't sure and want to take a second look. Either that or give coaches way more than 1 review per game (in the CFL they don't keep the review even if they get it right).

2132018 Playoffs - Page 14 Empty Re: 2018 Playoffs Mon May 14, 2018 3:22 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I don’t watch the CFL, but I wouldn’t expect them to have good officating.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum