GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Capitals @ Senators - Oct 5, 2017, 7:30

+2
PTFlea
tim1_2
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Pretty fun game to go to. Im glad to get the point.

Emphasis on stone, Ryan and brassard being awesome and ceci being awful.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not a great outcome but a nice tune up for a promising season. Line 1 needs to get their arses in gear, not a good showing.

Wideman shows once again that he's better than The Cecer.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah agreed, Hoffman was fine but turris was non existent

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Turris is a goner if he won't take a shorter deal. I don't want to sign him to 7 or 8 years.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:Caps are in tough.  If Ovie doesn't get back to scoring 40+ and/or Holtby isn't a Vezina finalist they are in trouble. That's a tough Division.

Well, Ovie is on track for 40++++++ but if Holtby keeps giving up 4 to a Kalrsson-less Sens squad they'll be in trouble. Despite missing Karlsson, it was three giveaways inside the blue line that lost them the game. Didn't like the 4th goal for Andy, either.

Ceci/Smith -- just shaking my head what they were thinking with the butter-soft passes in their own zone.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Turris is a goner if he won't take a shorter deal. I don't want to sign him to 7 or 8 years.

That would be very sad. I would find it hard to believe he'd reject a 7 year deal; I'd have no issue giving him 5 years -- are the Sens dead-set against anything more? If they'd be willing to go 6, then they could structure a 7-year deal such that the last year is negligible.

And since Bobby Mac has come out and said he doubts they'll re-sign him, that puts a lot of pressure on the Sens to find a replacement (White/Brown could be it in a few years but we need to bridge a 2-3 year gap, maybe more); meanwhile Sakic heard the same reports, so the price for Duchene won't come down anytime soon.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:Turris is a goner if he won't take a shorter deal. I don't want to sign him to 7 or 8 years.

That would be very sad.  I would find it hard to believe he'd reject a 7 year deal; I'd have no issue giving him 5 years -- are the Sens dead-set against anything more?  If they'd be willing to go 6, then they could structure a 7-year deal such that the last year is negligible.  

And since Bobby Mac has come out and said he doubts they'll re-sign him, that puts a lot of pressure on the Sens to find a replacement (White/Brown could be it in a few years but we need to bridge a 2-3 year gap, maybe more); meanwhile Sakic heard the same reports, so the price for Duchene won't come down anytime soon.

He wouldn't reject that, the Sens wouldn't offer that is my point.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I bet they agree on 5.8 x 6 like little

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

That would be very sad.  I would find it hard to believe he'd reject a 7 year deal; I'd have no issue giving him 5 years -- are the Sens dead-set against anything more?  If they'd be willing to go 6, then they could structure a 7-year deal such that the last year is negligible.  

I was constructing a deal here. I said I doubt he would say no to anything other than an 8 year deal, so 7. Sens would want 5, but probably wouldn't say a hard no to 6. So make a 7 year deal front-loaded enough to be, effectively, a 6 year deal.

Or go after Tavares, as someone suggested on twitter.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’ll be pissed if we don’t resign Turris. I don’t think we have a better option for the next few years and besides, you keep Turris over brass. But of course. Brass is cheap... Facepalm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:I’ll be pissed if we don’t resign Turris. I don’t think we have a better option for the next few years and besides, you keep Turris over brass. But of course. Brass is cheap... Facepalm

Literally has nothing to do with money in this case. It's all about term. If Turris is dead set on 7+ years, you have to trade him. Simple as that. We can find a replacement through trade.

Brassard also looks miles better right now.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

I was constructing a deal here.  I said I doubt he would say no to anything other than an 8 year deal, so 7.  Sens would want 5, but probably wouldn't say a hard no to 6.  So make a 7 year deal front-loaded enough to be, effectively, a 6 year deal.  

A buddy thinks Turris + Ceci + White would get the ball rolling for Tavares. I seriously doubted it personally.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I’ll be pissed if we don’t resign Turris. I don’t think we have a better option for the next few years and besides, you keep Turris over brass. But of course. Brass is cheap... Facepalm

Literally has nothing to do with money in this case. It's all about term. If Turris is dead set on 7+ years, you have to trade him. Simple as that. We can find a replacement through trade.

Brassard also looks miles better right now.

By the end of that 7 years Turris would be 36. Hardly an age where you cannot count on a guy like Turris to be a second line center.

And I disagree, I take Turris every day of the week over brass. And brass is 30 with two more years. WhT do you think he’ll be asking for at the end of his next deal? A deal that likely takes him to the same age, maybe more. Turris is entering is in his first few years of his prime, why would you trade him? That’s a rebuilding move. Replace him with Duchene that could walk away in two? We’d probBly lose more assets in that deal too.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

I was constructing a deal here.  I said I doubt he would say no to anything other than an 8 year deal, so 7.  Sens would want 5, but probably wouldn't say a hard no to 6.  So make a 7 year deal front-loaded enough to be, effectively, a 6 year deal.  

A buddy thinks Turris + Ceci + White would get the ball rolling for Tavares.  I seriously doubted it personally.

Even that is a hell of a price to pay for Tavares. Even extended. There’s arguments being made that Tavares isn’t even the player he was. His 5 on 5´s are going down. Besides, I don’t think the isles would care for Ceci.
White, à first and Turris would be ok as long as Tavares is extended but I have some doubts on Tavares.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

A buddy thinks Turris + Ceci + White would get the ball rolling for Tavares.  I seriously doubted it personally.

Even that is a hell of a price to pay for Tavares. Even extended. There’s arguments being made that Tavares isn’t even the player he was. His 5 on 5´s are going down. Besides, I don’t think the isles would care for Ceci.
White, à first and Turris would be ok as long as Tavares is extended but I have some doubts on Tavares.

He'd have to be extended IMO, but you do that deal in a heartbeat (again, IMO). Turris is an excellent, solid player - a 2-way player and a team guy, but under no circumstance would I commit to him for 8 years, or 7 years. Even 6 is pushing it for a wiry bodied guy like that. Again, if he wants 8 years, then I'd make him come down in price A LOT, like to 5.2 max. In any event, I wouldn't commit more than 35 ish million to him. Not a premiere top line C, more of a 2nd liner or a 1B and that's too much to pay for him IMO.

I'm a Turris fan and I think they buckle down and agree to a 6 million X 6 year extension. It's fair on all accounts. You want to try free agency to try to get that extra 7 million dollars over 7 years or whatever, then that's your choice, but soon this team will have some pretty heavy decisions to make and I guarantee they won't fret over this one all year.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

He'd have to be extended IMO, but you do that deal in a heartbeat (again, IMO).  Turris is an excellent, solid player - a 2-way player and a team guy, but under no circumstance would I commit to him for 8 years, or 7 years.  Even 6 is pushing it for a wiry bodied guy like that.  Again, if he wants 8 years, then I'd make him come down in price A LOT, like to 5.2 max.  In any event, I wouldn't commit more than 35 ish million to him.  Not a premiere top line C, more of a 2nd liner or a 1B and that's too much to pay for him IMO.

I'm a Turris fan and I think they buckle down and agree to a 6 million X 6 year extension.  It's fair on all accounts.  You want to try free agency to try to get that extra 7 million dollars over 7 years or whatever, then that's your choice, but soon this team will have some pretty heavy decisions to make and I guarantee they won't fret over this one all year.

I completely agree. On a great team Turris is a great 2nd line center. But this is the team we have now and for at least two years I don’t see anyone being able to step up and take that number 1 spot. brown won’t be close to that for another couple of years and that’s if even. The only way you move turris is for an upgrade. And I don’t see duchene as that person either. Duchene to me would make a perfect 1st line LW to turris, not his replacement.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

He'd have to be extended IMO, but you do that deal in a heartbeat (again, IMO).  Turris is an excellent, solid player - a 2-way player and a team guy, but under no circumstance would I commit to him for 8 years, or 7 years.  Even 6 is pushing it for a wiry bodied guy like that.  Again, if he wants 8 years, then I'd make him come down in price A LOT, like to 5.2 max.  In any event, I wouldn't commit more than 35 ish million to him.  Not a premiere top line C, more of a 2nd liner or a 1B and that's too much to pay for him IMO.

I'm a Turris fan and I think they buckle down and agree to a 6 million X 6 year extension.  It's fair on all accounts.  You want to try free agency to try to get that extra 7 million dollars over 7 years or whatever, then that's your choice, but soon this team will have some pretty heavy decisions to make and I guarantee they won't fret over this one all year.

I completely agree. On a great team Turris is a great 2nd line center. But this is the team we have now and for at least two years I don’t see anyone being able to step up and take that number 1 spot. brown won’t be close to that for another couple of years and that’s if even. The only way you move turris is for an upgrade. And I don’t see duchene as that person either. Duchene to me would make a perfect 1st line LW to turris, not his replacement.

I think Duchene is an upgrade over Turris.

Brassard and Pageau could carry the slack while Brown gets minutes and White is coming too.

I'm just not on board with 7 or 8 years with Turris. There's a lot of risk there. And we won't lose Turris for nothing if we have to trade him, it'll end up being a major hockey trade.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

I think Duchene is an upgrade over Turris.

Brassard and Pageau could carry the slack while Brown gets minutes and White is coming too.

I'm just not on board with 7 or 8 years with Turris.  There's a lot of risk there.  And we won't lose Turris for nothing if we have to trade him, it'll end up being a major hockey trade.

So what are you giving up exactly for duchene? Sarcasm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum