GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #43: Senators @ Capitals - 7:30 pm - Sunday, Jan 10 2016

+6
spader
Flo The Action
PTFlea
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY #43: Senators @ Capitals - 7:30 pm - Sunday, Jan 10 2016

GAME DAY #43: Senators @ Capitals - 7:30 pm - Sunday, Jan 10 2016 Large GAME DAY #43: Senators @ Capitals - 7:30 pm - Sunday, Jan 10 2016 Play11 GAME DAY #43: Senators @ Capitals - 7:30 pm - Sunday, Jan 10 2016 Large

GAME DAY #43: Senators @ Capitals - 7:30 pm - Sunday, Jan 10 2016 No50010

The Sens started the second half on the right side of the win-loss ledger with an exciting OT win over the visiting Bruins. The win temporarily put the Sens into the last wildcard spot, until the Lightning's own OT win over the Canucks. The East wild card race is really tight as 11 teams are within 6 points of each other for the last 6 playoff positions.

As for the game tonight, both teams played last night, both went to OT and both had to travel to Washington after the game. The Caps' game was a 1PM start so they got home a few hours before the Sens. If their home life is anything like mine it would not surprise me if the Sens are the more rested team tonight.

Alex Ovechkin had a big night as he scored the first and last goals, ending the game on an end-to-end rush after an unbelievable combo save by Holtby and Schmidt. Ovechkin now sits at 499 and would dearly love to get #500 in front of the home crowd. Of course the Sens want to have nothing to do with this milestone (hence the picture above).

Goaliepost.com is projecting Hammond vs. Holtby. Holtby is 20-0-2 with one no-decision in his last 23 starts. Hammond's last 23 starts aren't that far off, except that most of them were from last season.

GO SENS GO!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I saw a guy on the telecast last night that I didn't recognize. At first I was like "Who's the fat guy" and then I realized it was Arash Madani. What's happened to that guy? My guess is this has to be the side-effects of some medication. Not that he was ever skinny but he looks like he put on at least 50 lbs. Hope it's nothing serious. I really did not recognize him.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He's dining on HNIC paycheques.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hammond confirmed as starter, no lineup changes for the Sens (Ryan will play; Cowen/Wideman/Chiasson will sit).

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I will be very happy if we can somehow get just a point.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You just know we'll be giving up number 500 tonight

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:You just know we'll be giving up number 500 tonight

EK plays OV pretty well, so we'll see. Plus, the Hamburglar is up for burgling.

Last edited by tim1_2 on Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is one of those games we should get raped on... Which means a W for us? Goof

Seriously, Holtby is going to be hard to beat. Leave all the fancy stuff at the door and gdrive the net. If we're going to score tonight it's going to have to be dirty.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:This is one of  those games we should get raped on... Which means a W for us? Goof

Seriously, Holtby is going to be hard to beat. Leave all the fancy stuff at the door and gdrive the net. If we're going to score tonight it's going to have to be dirty.

We should face Grubauer tonight, not Holtby.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Will holtby be in net after playing yesterday?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:This is one of  those games we should get raped on... Which means a W for us? Goof

We should face Grubauer tonight, not Holtby.
I hope you're right.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Pretty much every backup goalie is playing today, so it'd be rude of the Caps to not follow suit. Seriously though, there's no reason for them to play Holtby.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Will holtby be in net after playing yesterday?

Goaliepost.com changed to Grubauer.

GAME DAY #43: Senators @ Capitals - 7:30 pm - Sunday, Jan 10 2016 Diehard

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Guy spells his name with one 'l' and two 'p's on the end -- Philipp. I'll just continue referring to him as "Hans".

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Will holtby be in net after playing yesterday?

Goaliepost.com changed to Grubauer.

GAME DAY #43: Senators @ Capitals - 7:30 pm - Sunday, Jan 10 2016 Diehard

I'm not familiar with that site, so I tried to check it out. Chrome won't let me though. Says it's malicious. Ohnoes!

I use daily faceoff and left wing lock.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum