GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2017 Sens Off-Season

+10
SeawaySensFan
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
wprager
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
tim1_2
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63, 64  Next

Go down  Message [Page 62 of 64]

9162017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 62 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:23 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:It sounds like Chabot will be playing on his off side paired with Phaneuf. There could very well be a real push from Jaros who is a RD, Harpur who can play on his off side, and Wideman.

Oduya-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Chabot
Claesson-XXXXX

Ceci, Boro, Wideman, Jaros, Harpur, Englund all vying for that one spot.

Ceci is making $3.35M in salary this year and is an RFA at the end of the season. For a 'cap team' he's not worth the cost especially if they plan on re-signing Turris and Stone, and Karlsson the year after.  

I can see Chabot playing in Ottawa to start the season, but when Karlsson is back do you really think Chabot, first year pro, would be playing on his off-side on the second pairing?

Englund does not look ready. We've seen Jaros in *one* pre-season game; let's see how he fares in Belleville. Harpur led the team in TOI (overall and short-handed). He may actually be a lot closer than I thought last year. Granted, he wasn't out there against Matthews/Nylander but that's not who he'd be playing against in the regular season, either.

If we get Duchene for Ceci, ok, but saying he's not worth the cost is ridiculous. He's 23, for Pete's sake, and he played *more* than Methot last year.

9172017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 62 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:38 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I just cannot understand how the Leafs could be this bad against that lineup. Seriously, do you think you can name the mandatory 10 "veterans" the Sens played last night?

Condon
Borowiecki
Wideman
Pyatt
Thompson
Vandevelde

Claesson has 49 NHL games, is that "veteran"? Oh, Blunden has over 120.

That's still only 8. McCormick somehow has 27 games; same for Randell. Hardly a veteran, but ok, I guess that's 10.

9182017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 62 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:46 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I thought the cut-off was over 30 games played in the NHL.

9192017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 62 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:46 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Here's a list of players actually in the mix for NHL time, IMO:

Forwards

Locks: Turris, Brassard, Hoffman, Smith, Stone, Ryan, Pageau, Dzingel, Pyatt, Thompson, Burrows

Competing for  two spots (LW and healthy scratch): Paul, Brown, Chlapik, McCormick

Defense

Locks: Karlsson, Ceci, Phaneuf, Oduya, Claesson

Competing for two spots: Chabot, Boro, Wideman, Harpur

9202017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 62 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:22 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Don't forget White Smile

While I agree with your list, just because they are locks doesn't mean a trade can't happen. For example, Smith is a 'lock' but if someone can be brought in that is better than him then the Sens should at least entertain offers.

9212017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 62 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Here's a list of players actually in the mix for NHL time, IMO:

Forwards

Locks: Turris, Brassard, Hoffman, Smith, Stone, Ryan, Pageau, Dzingel, Pyatt, Thompson, Burrows

Competing for  two spots (LW and healthy scratch): Paul, Brown, Chlapik, McCormick

Defense

There's no way they sit both Boro and Wideman, so I'd say one of them is a lock - and personally, I'd think the other one is a lock for 7th D-man. This is between Chabot, Harpur and Jaros for the right to play in the NHL until Karlsson gets back/be the first call up.

I'd guess that Chabot will win that fight.

9222017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 62 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:29 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

Forwards

Defense

There's no way they sit both Boro and Wideman, so I'd say one of them is a lock - and personally, I'd think the other one is a lock for 7th D-man.  This is between Chabot, Harpur and Jaros for the right to play in the NHL until Karlsson gets back/be the first call up.

Jaros was separated into the AHL group today, so he's out.

I think both Boro and Wideman could sit for sure.

9232017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 62 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:35 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Lets just say we won't be putting 6 goals in....

Correct as always!  Facepalm
Glad to be wrong! Clapping

9242017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 62 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Forwards

Defense

There's no way they sit both Boro and Wideman, so I'd say one of them is a lock - and personally, I'd think the other one is a lock for 7th D-man.  This is between Chabot, Harpur and Jaros for the right to play in the NHL until Karlsson gets back/be the first call up.

Both could sit? So you go with 8 D-men?

9252017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 62 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:55 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Forwards

Defense

Both could sit?  So you go with 8 D-men?
I know chabot was put on the right side but I think it was more an effort to see how he could fare on that side. If worst came to worst Phaneuf would be the likely candidate to play on his off side. 

I think we are at a point where we are capable of icing a successful line up that doesn't include ceci so maybe it is the time to move on from him if it means bringing in duchene. 

How solid are those rumours btw?

9262017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 62 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:06 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Forwards

Defense

I know chabot was put on the right side but I think it was more an effort to see how he could fare on that side. If worst came to worst Phaneuf would be the likely candidate to play on his off side. 

I think we are at a point where we are capable of icing a successful line up that doesn't include ceci so maybe it is the time to move on from him if it means bringing in duchene. 

That's what I have been trying to say!

9272017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 62 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Forwards

Defense

I don't know...Ceci played a lot of hard minutes last year, and this year, he'll be deployed as the puck retriever, so I would assume he'll get to try his hand at offense more.

Claesson - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Chabot - Wideman
Boro

sounds like a decent mix.

The rumours are out there about Ottawa, but I doubt anything happens. One of the beat writers said that he doubts Ottawa gets Duchene, he thinks that ship has sailed when Chabot was yanked off the table.

9282017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 62 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:58 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Can anyone else offer a better young D-man than Ceci? I know they want Chabot. I want a 70" OLED TV but will settle for an upgrade on my 32" upstairs.

9292017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 62 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Can anyone else offer a better young D-man than Ceci?  I know they want Chabot.  I want a 70" OLED TV but will settle for an upgrade on my 32" upstairs.

Yeah, they had their chances. If I were them is go for a bunch of prospects including logan brown, jaros, claesson, harpur, chlapik.

9302017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 62 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:03 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:Can anyone else offer a better young D-man than Ceci?  I know they want Chabot.  I want a 70" OLED TV but will settle for an upgrade on my 32" upstairs.

Yeah, they had their chances.  If I were them is go for a bunch of prospects including logan brown, jaros, claesson, harpur, chlapik.
I still don't think they'll get a better offer than the one they got off the isles earlier in the summer.

And they aren't gonna get the package they want. Why should they? They aren't trading Gretzky. Ideally it should be a top 4 D with upside + a pick/prospect. I don't know how duchene has such an inflated value. 

Ceci and a first or brown is way enough

9312017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 62 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:02 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Yeah, they had their chances.  If I were them is go for a bunch of prospects including logan brown, jaros, claesson, harpur, chlapik.
I still don't think they'll get a better offer than the one they got off the isles earlier in the summer.

And they aren't gonna get the package they want. Why should they? They aren't trading Gretzky. Ideally it should be a top 4 D with upside + a pick/prospect. I don't know how duchene has such an inflated value. 

What was the Isles deal?

9322017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 62 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

What was the Isles deal?

Hamonic, I think. Which they don't really have a huge need for. They need a lefty.

9332017 Sens Off-Season  - Page 62 Empty Re: 2017 Sens Off-Season Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:55 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:

Hamonic, I think.  Which they don't really have a huge need for.  They need a lefty.

Ok, fine, Boro.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 62 of 64]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63, 64  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum