GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm

+6
SensHulk
PTFlea
DefenceWinsChampionships
Ev
tim1_2
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm Empty ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm Tue May 23, 2017 6:29 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This is it. Are the Senators going to roll over and play dead or come out guns blazing. Will Andy be in #BeastMode or just beastly? Will Hoffman play shinny or playoff hockey? Will we finally see Colin White? And, most importantly, will there be lots of empty seats?

Go Sens Go!!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boro is a maybe. I'd prefer White instead. We need a strong forecheck on their D more than what Boro brings.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hey guys, great news! While I was camping this past weekend, I was actually able to get CBC Ottawa down at the campground I was at and watched both games! Boy, they stunk it up!

I'm sure you all beat it to death, but man, Anderson absolutely can not give up a soft early goal (or any soft goal for that matter) tonight. The last two games, the first goal he let in was terrible. Ottawa getting out to a lead is key.

I don't think White or anyone is the "answer" at this point. We had this debate before in the Boston series and the Rangers series when Ottawa lost a game or two. Our top forwards need to find ways to play in Pittsburgh's end and generate a bit of offense. That's it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

In the Rangers series they were up 2-0 and AV replaced Bushnevich with Glass. They won the next two games as Glass ran around hitting and scoring. Game 5 Boucher puts in Neil and after Glass runs Phaneuf Neil takes care of business, ripping off Glass' helmet and landing a couple punches as the stripes tried to save him. Five minutes later they tie it up and eventually win in OT. Turris led the team with 9 hits, to go with his OT winner. Glass was -3 on the day.

Now, you would think a guy with 2:26 ice time and 12 penalty minutes to go along with *one* hit didn't have much to do with the outcome of the game, let alone the series. And you'd be dead wrong. Sometimes or just take a spark.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We don't need "the answer", just need a spark.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So if White's "the spark", that's fine. If it's Neil, that's fine too. I know I don't want to go with 7D and 11F, I'll tell you that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If they go 7D it's because Karlsson is hurt, on which case go Press, go Fisher.

7D also means you play just 2 4th liners and rotate Turris/Brassard/Pageau. By also putting in White you are down to just 1 4th liner in your lineup.

Too bad this is G6 and not G4.

8ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm Empty Re: ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm Tue May 23, 2017 11:00 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think White is gonna be an x factor tonight. He's gonna make a difference. Pittsburgh has no idea who he is.

9ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm Empty Re: ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm Tue May 23, 2017 11:57 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The only thing Boucher said for sure is that Dzingel is in and Wingels is out. He was talking up White, so maybe that's a precursor to him going in. He also said 7D is still an option, as is Kelly.

10ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm Empty Re: ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm Tue May 23, 2017 12:11 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Give the kid a shot. 7 d-men didn't work Sunday. This is why we burned a year off White's ELC. Maybe he'll help the anemic power play as well. Go for broke.

11ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm Empty Re: ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm Tue May 23, 2017 12:13 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I guess the logic would be to manage Karlsson's minutes, hence Harpur could eat up some minutes but I still think you try to shake up the forwards.

Any word on Burrows? I'm assuming he's out?

12ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm Empty Re: ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm Tue May 23, 2017 12:23 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, Burrows and Boro are still out.

13ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm Empty Re: ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm Tue May 23, 2017 12:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd like to see White tonight. 4th line RW, let the kid insert some energy into the lineup.

14ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm Empty Re: ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm Tue May 23, 2017 1:51 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Dzingel is confirmed to be in. It's down to white/kelly and I'm thinking it's going to be White in the lineup. Don't think Kelly can be a factor tonight but white can

15ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm Empty Re: ECFGDT#6: Pens @ Sens, May 23, 8:00 pm Tue May 23, 2017 2:20 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sullivan says Hornqvist, Kuhnhackl, and Ruhwedel stayed in Pittsburgh to continue rehabbing there. Schultz is here but won't play. So why did Hornqvist and Ruhwedel travel to Ottawa for games 3-4?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum