GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

ECFGDT#4: Pens @ Sens, May 19, 8:00 pm

+2
tim1_2
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1ECFGDT#4: Pens @ Sens, May 19, 8:00 pm Empty ECFGDT#4: Pens @ Sens, May 19, 8:00 pm Fri May 19, 2017 6:27 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

With a win tonight the Senators would put the Penguins on the brink of elimination. But if they think, after Wednesday's 5-1 romp, that it's a done deal, they have another thing coming. These are the defending Champions. The highest scoring team in the regular season. The team with the playoff points leader. And they were just embarrassed by a team whose boring style was compared to Melba Toast.

I expect a much different Penguins team, and if the Senators don't match their intensity from the drop of the puck to the last whistle we are not going to like the outcome. But if they push the pace, apply a hard forecheck on Pittsburgh's thin blue line, block shots as if they like it, and take advantage of their opportunities, then we just could have Crosby at least thinking: "probably not".

Expect changes in both lineups. Hornqvist, Rust and Schultz all traveled with the team, so at least one of them (Hornqvist, most likely) should draw in. If Schultz can play then Streit probably comes out (although Cole was -3 on Wednesday,
he probably gets a pass). On the Sens side Burrows left the game and couldn't put any weight on his left leg; looked like a knee and looked bad. They'll probably move Stalberg up in his spot and bring in Wingels. Although I still wouldn't mind seeing White come in. Could we also see the return of Borocop? Doubtful, but he's getting close.

Go Sens Go!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Weird pattern. Sens wins have come in groups of three. After losing the opener against the Bruins they won three straight, lost game five, the won game six and the first two games against the Rangers. After dropping games three and four at MSG, they won the next two to eliminate New York, before winning the ECF opener to complete another three straight wins. If this pattern continues they would win the next two.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well according to radio none of the injured Penguins are expected to play. Burrows is a "maybe".

Why bring those three guys on the road trip of they aren't going to play? Was that an attempt by Sullivan to pretend they aren't that baht hurt? " Just a flesh wound ... I've had worse. "

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would prefer a victory this evening for my local ice hockey club.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think it would be a great day for City Ottawa if the Senators claimed victory in tonight's hockey match

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Well according to radio none of the injured Penguins are expected to play. Burrows is a "maybe".

Why bring those three guys on the road trip of they aren't going to play? Was that an attempt by Sullivan to pretend they aren't that baht hurt? " Just a flesh wound ... I've had worse. "

I think that's exactly what it was. Gamesmanship but really, no one cared.

- Unknown Author

7ECFGDT#4: Pens @ Sens, May 19, 8:00 pm Empty Re: ECFGDT#4: Pens @ Sens, May 19, 8:00 pm Fri May 19, 2017 11:45 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Penguins will definitely come out harder than last game but, at this point, if the Sens play hard like they did in game three, this is an easy W for the home team. The Pens D is still in shambles, they're making bad reads, out of position, easily rattled, can't handle an aggressive fore-check and will continue to cause turnovers if we pressure them. I think we can safely assume, whomever is between the pipes, they won't be letting in 4 goals in the first 8 minutes tonight. The Sens, IMO, can and likely will control the play for most of this game and will come out of tonight up 3 games to 1.

- Unknown Author

8ECFGDT#4: Pens @ Sens, May 19, 8:00 pm Empty Re: ECFGDT#4: Pens @ Sens, May 19, 8:00 pm Fri May 19, 2017 11:59 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Looks like Murray, as he had his own net at practice. That said, it was an extremely optional practice with very few players.

Getting that fifth goal could turn out to be very important. They has two full periods against him and got a goal even though they were primarily playing very conservatively. Also, we put 4 goals past him in one of our two wins against then in the regular season. In fact we put up 4 goals on both of them; twice of Fleury, counting Wednesday.

9ECFGDT#4: Pens @ Sens, May 19, 8:00 pm Empty Re: ECFGDT#4: Pens @ Sens, May 19, 8:00 pm Fri May 19, 2017 11:59 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

All hat said, I would be shocked if this was an easy game. Their defense will play better.

10ECFGDT#4: Pens @ Sens, May 19, 8:00 pm Empty Re: ECFGDT#4: Pens @ Sens, May 19, 8:00 pm Fri May 19, 2017 12:58 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Terrible move pulling Fleury. This team is on the ropes. Time to put the hammer down once again.

11ECFGDT#4: Pens @ Sens, May 19, 8:00 pm Empty Re: ECFGDT#4: Pens @ Sens, May 19, 8:00 pm Fri May 19, 2017 1:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flames left Elliot in then pulled him after one goal. Was it the wrong move to leave him in,  pull him after one or both?

Leaving Fleury in puts tremendous pressure on him,  which is not his forte.

Don't think there is a right answer,  here. It's Kobayashi Maru.

Last edited by wprager on Fri May 19, 2017 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

12ECFGDT#4: Pens @ Sens, May 19, 8:00 pm Empty Re: ECFGDT#4: Pens @ Sens, May 19, 8:00 pm Fri May 19, 2017 1:52 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd personally be surprised if Murray wasn't in the net tonight.  I don't see it making a big difference and like the Sens players and the coach have said;  I don't care.

Edit:

It's official. Murray in the net tonight.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2017/05/19/penguins-bench-marc-andre-fleury-for-game-4

- Unknown Author

13ECFGDT#4: Pens @ Sens, May 19, 8:00 pm Empty Re: ECFGDT#4: Pens @ Sens, May 19, 8:00 pm Fri May 19, 2017 6:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I was re-watching some of the game. There was one play where Claesson tried to step-up in the neutral zone to hit the puck carrier, and the Penguins winger on his side stepped in his way. It was interference but not likely something that would get called. Did they "solve" this particular tactic? Well, I think next time Claesson should just keep on going and see which one of the two gets called for interference. Chances are neither one will, but he will end up thunking a winger pretty good.

14ECFGDT#4: Pens @ Sens, May 19, 8:00 pm Empty Re: ECFGDT#4: Pens @ Sens, May 19, 8:00 pm Fri May 19, 2017 7:06 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Weird pattern. Sens wins have come in groups of three. After losing the opener against the Bruins they won three straight,  lost game five,  the won game six and the first two games against the Rangers. After dropping games three and four at MSG, they won the next two to eliminate New York,  before winning the ECF opener to complete another three straight wins.  If this pattern continues they would win the next two.

Perfect example of data mining to find patterns (not that wins and losses are much in terms of significant data) that likely have to relevance. Nice try prags! Laugh1

15ECFGDT#4: Pens @ Sens, May 19, 8:00 pm Empty Re: ECFGDT#4: Pens @ Sens, May 19, 8:00 pm Fri May 19, 2017 9:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just something I picked up on Twitter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum