GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #78: Sens @ Wings, Apr 3, 2017, 7:00pm

+3
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
tim1_2
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Can't bench Bobby over Dzingel. Over last 10 games Bobby has 25 shots on goal (versus 8 for Ryan), 24 hits (versus 8), 6 blocked shots (versus 2). I'll take my chances with Bobby and his 3x shooting and hitting.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Just heard that White will center the 4th line with Wingels-Kelly on his wings. That means Stalberg replaces Dzingel in the top six? Ugly. Of course once the lines have been through Boucher's Blender everyone will be playing with everyone anyway.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Hoff-Turris-Stone
Burrows-Brass-White
Pyatt-Pageau-Ryan
whocares-whocares-whocares

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

"Karls" Karlsson good to go.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Praise the System!

Interesting that Harpur still playing and "Kevin" is the one who comes out.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Harpur is good

Anderson again with a bad goal

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, not the best time for Anderson to start losing his mojo

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anderson has always been fragile mentally and a no show when needed most

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Anderson has always been fragile mentally and a no show when needed most
He was pretty damn good when his wife was about to undergo cancer treatments or before the treatment.
Also pretty damn good in the playoffs against the habs. Had we gone to him first instead of your pick of our future number 1 goalie Hammond, we might have won that round.

I'm not sure I'd peg him as fragile. But he does have some streaks where he's not on the ball.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Can't say Anderson didn't give them a chance to take it in the shootout.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Good to get a point. We'll win tomorrow for sure. We were never gonna win two in a row

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ryan not in a long shootout?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Ryan not in a long shootout?

Injured.

Also, it's amazing how much better a Ceci-less overtime looks.

GDT - Game #78: Sens @ Wings, Apr 3, 2017, 7:00pm - Page 2 852933671

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We got one flukey goal, they got two. Both were stoppable if goalie is technically sound. Also that tripping on Brass was a dive. Really bad call, but why swing the stick when you have no hope of stopping him? Same on Karlsson's trip except that was stick between legs and not a dive. They have to be more disciplined. Saw a few more overhand two handers, too. Easy way to break a stick and get 2. They have to stop giving the zebras opportunities to call them.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, when it comes down to it, we had every opportunity to win in the shootout and just couldn't bury anything. Also couldn't bury the zillion OT chances. Disappointing for sure, when it was right there for the taking. It was good work coming back just to get a point though...hopefully they come out tonight like they did for the latter half of the game last night.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Speaking of the latter part of the game, White had one shift in the last 23 minutes while Ryan didn't play second half of the third.

White didn't play simply because the 4th line didn't play. Should have used him for fresher legs.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The difference between 1 point and 2 was the goaltending. Simple as that. Sens dominated the Wings in 3rd and OT

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Speaking of the latter part of the game, White had one shift in the last 23 minutes while Ryan didn't play second half of the third.

White didn't play simply because the 4th line didn't play.  Should have used him for fresher legs.  

They dominated the 3rd so benching the 4th line worked out perfectly.

Ryan was injured.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum