GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #75: Sens @ Flyers, Mar 28, 2017, 7:00pm

+2
tim1_2
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So I didn't get a chance to really pay attention till the shootout. Why is our shotcount so low? This is he wrong time for is team to get cold.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anderson cost us again.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah but you've got to play him. He's got to find his game before the playoffs.

At least it's a point.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He's not very good at puck handling. But that one was more like a mental mistake. The two D are left and right and he tries to go in front.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Don't really care about losses right now though. They should not be playing hard right now.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's not Anderson lol, he saved the game for us. Both teams lacked execution, both teams were sloppy and I can't speak for the Flyers, but the Sens need more than 1 or 2 guys to provide the offense. No one can say the Sens aren't trying, or they're coasting, there's no way they are. They've been cold offensively for a while now. Hopefully this is the right time for it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also, two big problems.

1.Stalberg being scratched over Wingels.

2.Diddle you starting Pageau, Pyatt and Ceci in OT. I don't care about Cussing matchups in OT. Come on! Only Boucher (who I really like) can make OT boring.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, to say Anderson cost us means you just watched the highlights and not the whole game. He made a bunch of great saves as we were outplayed AGAIN.

Also, Stalberg wasn't scratched, he has an injury. Claesson looked pretty good, so that's a positive.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:It's not Anderson lol, he saved the game for us.  Both teams lacked execution, both teams were sloppy and I can't speak for the Flyers, but the Sens need more than 1 or 2 guys to provide the offense.  No one can say the Sens aren't trying, or they're coasting, there's no way they are.  They've been cold offensively for a while now.  Hopefully this is the right time for it.

Lol, he did exactly what a #1 is *supposed to do* until he gave the 2 points away. Even he admitted it. Boucher came about as close to blaming a single person for a loss as I've ever heard him.

Worst part, for me, is how he blew the shootout.  I realize it's hard to win when you don't score, but he made zero attempt to stop the first one, got lucky on the second one when Giroux screwed up, and had the post make a save for him on the third one.

His last shootout before that was the same. Condon was much better in his.

Last edited by wprager on Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The offense is the problem right now, which does not bode well heading into the playoffs where goals are even harder to come by.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, to say Anderson cost us means you just watched the highlights and not the whole game.  He made a bunch of great saves as we were outplayed AGAIN.  

Also, Stalberg wasn't scratched, he has an injury.  Claesson looked pretty good, so that's a positive.

I watched the whole game.

I'm not saying it was just Anderson. Boucher made some illogical choices, too. It's like he was playing for a shootout. Which only works when you have a goalie who's on it. Anderson has now had iffy games three outings on a row.

I *expect* a number one to make spectacular saves in every game. That's his job. I didn't feel the Flyers came closer to dominating the Sens. Both teams were far from great. But their goalie was a little better.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:Also, two big problems.

2.Diddle you starting Pageau, Pyatt and Ceci in OT.  I don't care about Cussing matchups in OT.  Come on!  Only Boucher (who I really like) can make OT boring.

I thought Stalberg was banged up.

White will be in the lineup Tuesday. Book it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Also, two big problems.

2.Diddle you starting Pageau, Pyatt and Ceci in OT.  I don't care about Cussing matchups in OT.  Come on!  Only Boucher (who I really like) can make OT boring.

I thought Stalberg was banged up.

White will be in the lineup Tuesday. Book it.

That would make more sense if stalberg is hurt.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lol how did you not realize Stalberg was hurt?

Anyways, decent effort last night and that's all I except right now. Makes zero sense to try to play hard and win right now.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, to say Anderson cost us means you just watched the highlights and not the whole game.  He made a bunch of great saves as we were outplayed AGAIN.  

Also, Stalberg wasn't scratched, he has an injury.  Claesson looked pretty good, so that's a positive.

No, it's literally factual to say he cost us the game. We win if he doesn't make that turnover. Pretty simple.

I watched the game, he was fine but you cannot make an error like that. It doesn't matter at all right now, I just hope we pull him if he is average again in the playoffs.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:It's not Anderson lol, he saved the game for us.  Both teams lacked execution, both teams were sloppy and I can't speak for the Flyers, but the Sens need more than 1 or 2 guys to provide the offense.  No one can say the Sens aren't trying, or they're coasting, there's no way they are.  They've been cold offensively for a while now.  Hopefully this is the right time for it.

I thnik they are actually. Boucher is a psychological master. He knows when his team should be pushing it, and now is not the time. This team is going to be mentally and physically rested for the playoffs.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:

I thnik they are actually. Boucher is a psychological master. He knows when his team should be pushing it, and now is not the time. This team is going to be mentally and physically rested for the playoffs.

I would imagine you're right, I hope so.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:lol how did you not realize Stalberg was hurt?

Anyways, decent effort last night and that's all I except right now. Makes zero sense to try to play hard and win right now.
Lol. Especially since I pointed this out to him when it happened.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum