GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #46: Caps @ Sens, Jan 24, 2017, 7:30pm

+5
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
wprager
tim1_2
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:We're running out of "best teams in the league" to beat. Habs, Pens, Jackets, Caps.

I could live with a couple more habs beat down. I live for those.

I think we play them 3 times in a week in March.

Burning Car

If we get lucky maybe that will be the weeks we pass them by and create some distance between them and us for lead in the Atlantic Sarcasm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Beauty play by underrated Ottawa Senasnore, Tom Pyatt on the feed to Kelly.

He's tenacious with decent hands, speed and anticipation...
Surprise of the year for me.  He's been dynamite.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Claesson is making his case to take Boro's job. That's a nice game from the kid.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:Claesson is making his case to take Boro's job. That's a nice game from the kid.
Hes definitely showing he can belong. Could become the 7th D we carry full time into the playoffs.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:Claesson is making his case to take Boro's job. That's a nice game from the kid.

Looks like the chemistry he and Wideman had in Bingo has materialized at the NHL level as well.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

I like Boro but Claessen's mobility is welcome. I thought Widenan had his best game last night.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I loved what Pageau was doing to OV too...just driving him nuts.

This W still feels good 12 hours later....mmmm...delightful.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:I loved what Pageau was doing to OV too...just driving him nuts.  

Yeah, big time.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
Hes definitely showing he can belong. Could become the 7th D we carry full time into the playoffs.

I say this as a fan of Boro who feels somewhat vindicated with his improved play this season -- but maybe Boro should be the 7th. It's only been a few games, true, but he is bigger, faster and better than Boro in almost every way.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Reminds me of when he was blocking all of PK's shots. Keep 'em coming, I'm not moving.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Right? That was such a good game. Dominant. Now, with the flu running through Wash and Holtby sitting, it isn't like we beat them at their best, but this was good.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens are legit. We're gonna add another piece I feel. This is the best the team has looked since the Cup year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Sens are legit. We're gonna add another piece I feel. This is the best the team has looked since the Cup year.

Garrioch is usually plugged in pretty well, and last night he was pretty confident that Dorion was not going to make a big splash.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Good day to stay off social media...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Sens are legit. We're gonna add another piece I feel. This is the best the team has looked since the Cup year.

What kind of a piece though? I doubt any huge piece.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev!  Nice of you to stop in!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

What kind of a piece though?  I doubt any huge piece.

I'm a little worried that they'll skimp and stay away from a guy like Duchene to go after someone they feel is the next best thing like Hanzal or something like that. Then we'll only go so far and be left to watch whoever makes the big move go ALL. THE. WAY!

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

James Tanner, Hockeybuzz:

For the last few weeks, the Capitals have been scoring at a pace we rarely see in the NHL. They can seemingly score at will against every team in the NHL - except the Ottawa Senators.

The Caps have played the Senators three times so far this January. They beat them 2-1 and 1-0, before falling 3-0 in last night's game. (Which was, by the way, the only game the Capitals have lost in regulation since December 27th when they lost to the Islanders.

What is bizarre about this is the scores the Capitals have put up in games not against the Senators since December 31st:

6-2 vs NJ
6-5 vs Tor
5-0 vs Col
4-1 vs Mtl
5-2 vs Pgh
6-0 vs Chi
5-0 vs Phi
7-8 vs Pgh
7-3 vs Stl
4-3 vs Dal
6-1 vs Carolina

Sponsored content