GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #3: Sens @ Wings, Oct 17, 2016, 7:30pm

+4
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
PTFlea
tim1_2
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So we have Puempel in for Varone and Hammond in for Anderson. I guess Chabot sits tonight and plays tomorrow.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Here's the lines, ripped from Gord Wilson's tweets:

Hoffman-turris-stone
Smith-brassard-ryan
Dzingel-pageau-pyatt
Puempel-kelly-neil

Methot-karlsson
Phaneuf-ceci
Boro-wideman

Hammond

My prediction for Puempel is about 9 minutes of ice time and zeros across the stat sheet.

Last edited by tim1_2 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Here's the lines, ripped from Gord Wilson's tweets:

Hoffman-turris-stone
Smith-brassard-ryan
Dzingel-pageau-pyatt
Puempel-kelly-neil

Methot-karlsson
Phaneuf-ceci
Boro-wideman

Hammond

puempel on the fourth line. I don't expect to see anything from that. kelly is a decent C at distribution though so there's a slight possibility.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Right now, there's just no where for Puempel to go, except that fourth line. You can't mess with the top 3 lines given the last game.

How sick was that Pyatt goal, by the way. Great plays by Dzingel and Pageau to set that up.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Right now, there's just no where for Puempel to go, except that fourth line.  You can't mess with the top 3 lines given the last game.

How sick was that Pyatt goal, by the way.  Great plays by Dzingel and Pageau to set that up.

yeah, that was cool. Nice play by all three of them.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MarkStone wrote:Definitely feels like a loss tonight. Wings home opener, they're 0-2. We're playing Arizona tomorrow. Definitely see a 1-1 split but if we play like we did on Saturday, anything is possible.

Hmm, interesting. I don't know how I feel about this game really, but I think this is the more winnable of the two for some reason.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Right now, there's just no where for Puempel to go, except that fourth line.  You can't mess with the top 3 lines given the last game.

How sick was that Pyatt goal, by the way.  Great plays by Dzingel and Pageau to set that up.

You read my tweet on that, right? It was Matthewsesque.

(And you can imagine how many times I had to type that to get it past the spellchecker.)

Seriously, though, it was very similar to Matthews' 4th goal except it was nowhere near to a clear two-on-one and that was a back-hand pass through two defenders. If that wasn't in the highlights of the night it would be a shame.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Here's the lines, ripped from Gord Wilson's tweets:

Hoffman-turris-stone
Smith-brassard-ryan
Dzingel-pageau-pyatt
Puempel-kelly-neil

Methot-karlsson
Phaneuf-ceci
Boro-wideman

Hammond

My prediction for Puempel is about 9 minutes of ice time and zeros across the stat sheet.  

I want to rip on Pyatt being on the third line, but he's scored a massive goal already this year, so...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

You read my tweet on that, right?  It was Matthewsesque.

(And you can imagine how many times I had to type that to get it past the spellchecker.)

Seriously, though, it was very similar to Matthews' 4th goal except it was nowhere near to a clear two-on-one and that was a back-hand pass through two defenders.  If that wasn't in the highlights of the night it would be a shame.

That was a backhand pass by Dzingel?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:

Sure was. He was on the right side but that was a broken play at center ice, they were all bunched together just before the breakout, if you can call it that. He's a left-hand shot so that pass was a backhand beauty.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:

You read my tweet on that, right?  It was Matthewsesque.

Seriously, though, it was very similar to Matthews' 4th goal except it was nowhere near to a clear two-on-one and that was a back-hand pass through two defenders.  If that wasn't in the highlights of the night it would be a shame.

Dzingel is looking more and more like he can be a top 6. He's pretty creative. That was a beautiful pass.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I agree it was a beautiful pass, but I got an eagle once, doesn't make me a golfer. If he can do that on a regular basis, ok, then.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
Dzingel is looking more and more like he can be a top 6. He's pretty creative. That was a beautiful pass.

Hmmm...where have I heard that before?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Yeah yeah yeah. Smile
We all have our moments of prophetic victory. Mine was Hoffman.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Yeah yeah yeah. Smile

Wait until Perron starts lightning the lamp at Hoffman-esq speed!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Yeah yeah yeah. Smile

I think Perron flew under everyone's radar until last year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Yeah yeah yeah. Smile

It was him and Lindberg that looked really good in last year's training camp though. Now Perron has to show he can do it at the pro level - which I think he can...with aplomb! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Yeah yeah yeah. Smile

It was him and Lindberg that looked really good in last year's training camp though.  Now Perron has to show he can do it at the pro level - which I think he can...with aplomb!  Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!
I'm also hoping and I think everyone is. I'm pretty sure it only depends on how much phisicality he can take. And time to adjust to the pros.
He does seem determined. And that should go a long ways.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum