GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #3: Sens @ Wings, Oct 17, 2016, 7:30pm

+4
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
PTFlea
tim1_2
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Keep in mind Anderson didn't have much of a preseason. Yeah, he's let in a couple he'd probably like to have back, but he's also made some big saves at important times. And he closed the door in the shootout against Montreal, so that's awesome.

Well said. Greg Anderson is just going to get better and better as he gets more games under his belt.

I'd like to see us soften the Wings up in the early minutes with some devastating checks and then proceed to embarrass them on the scoreboard.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Anderson has been solid for the most part.  A couple of stinkers,  but it's early

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Anderson has been solid for the most part.  A couple of stinkers,  but it's early

He'll rest tonight in favour of the Hamburglar.

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

Definitely feels like a loss tonight. Wings home opener, they're 0-2. We're playing Arizona tomorrow. Definitely see a 1-1 split but if we play like we did on Saturday, anything is possible.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

MarkStone wrote:Definitely feels like a loss tonight. Wings home opener, they're 0-2. We're playing Arizona tomorrow. Definitely see a 1-1 split but if we play like we did on Saturday, anything is possible.

But you said we are good in the other thread. And Detroit is not. Pierre was being diplomatic when he said they are a bubble team. 3/4 of the Division are bubble teams, to be perfectly blunt.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Anderson has been solid for the most part.  A couple of stinkers,  but it's early

He'll rest tonight in favour of the Hamburglar.

Is that a "for sure"? Tim, you gonna update the first post with the lineup?

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:
MarkStone wrote:Definitely feels like a loss tonight. Wings home opener, they're 0-2. We're playing Arizona tomorrow. Definitely see a 1-1 split but if we play like we did on Saturday, anything is possible.

But you said we are good in the other thread.  And Detroit is not.  Pierre was being diplomatic when he said they are a bubble team.  3/4 of the Division are bubble teams, to be perfectly blunt.

That is not how it works.

It's very difficult to go 2-0 back to back no matter who you are playing.

The Wings are favourites tonight, and rightfully so.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Previews! Get your previews here!
http://scores.espn.com/nhl/preview?gameId=400884431

Detroit has given up 10 goals in two games and scored 5.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

MarkStone wrote:
wprager wrote:

But you said we are good in the other thread.  And Detroit is not.  Pierre was being diplomatic when he said they are a bubble team.  3/4 of the Division are bubble teams, to be perfectly blunt.

You sure 'bout that?

http://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/ottawa-detroit-odds-october-17-2016-736999

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The over/under is 5.5. The two teams have given up 17 goals in 2 games and have scored 14. I'd take the over.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sounds like Boucher agrees with us about Chabot waiting until tomorrow:

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Puempel in for Varone.

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:
MarkStone wrote:
wprager wrote:

You sure 'bout that?

http://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/ottawa-detroit-odds-october-17-2016-736999

Without a doubt sure. Ottawa is currently+120

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Or an embarrassing start to their season.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Either way, it should be a fast-paced high scoring game given how bad both teams' goaltending has been (unless the Burglar burgles tonight)

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So we have Puempel in for Varone and Hammond in for Anderson. I guess Chabot sits tonight and plays tomorrow.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Here's the lines, ripped from Gord Wilson's tweets:

Hoffman-turris-stone
Smith-brassard-ryan
Dzingel-pageau-pyatt
Puempel-kelly-neil

Methot-karlsson
Phaneuf-ceci
Boro-wideman

Hammond

My prediction for Puempel is about 9 minutes of ice time and zeros across the stat sheet.

Last edited by tim1_2 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Here's the lines, ripped from Gord Wilson's tweets:

Hoffman-turris-stone
Smith-brassard-ryan
Dzingel-pageau-pyatt
Puempel-kelly-neil

Methot-karlsson
Phaneuf-ceci
Boro-wideman

Hammond

puempel on the fourth line. I don't expect to see anything from that. kelly is a decent C at distribution though so there's a slight possibility.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum