GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL Coaching Carousel 2016

+8
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Hoags
tim1_2
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
SensHulk
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Who will be the next Sens coach?

NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Vote_lcap242%NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 42% [ 5 ]
NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Vote_lcap217%NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 2 ]
NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Vote_lcap217%NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 2 ]
NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Vote_lcap224%NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 24% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 12]

31NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Wed May 04, 2016 7:48 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:

Garrioch Article:
http://www.ottawasun.com/2016/05/04/senators-close-in-on-coaching-shortlist?token=478075a4aef1361c08f6b39a23264225

......While many believe there is a sense of urgency because the Minnesota Wild, Anaheim Ducks and Calgary Flames have entered the market for a new coach, the Senators are ahead of the game because their first round of interviews are winding down and could be completed by Friday.

Once that happens, it’s believed Dorion will have a shortlist of two or three candidates and will then conduct a second round of interviews, which will likely include assistant GM Randy Lee along with senior adviser Bryan Murray. At some point, owner Eugene Melnyk is expected to meet the top candidate or two.

Melnyk told 1310’s Mark Sutcliffe Wednesday in an interview on his Ottawa Today show the club will have a coach within the next two weeks. Later in the day, he told Prime Time Sports in Toronto he expected the club would have a short list of two by Friday.

While former Anaheim Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau is expected to sit down with Dorion Thursday or Friday, he may not be the last interview because the Senators are expected to reach out to former Calgary Flames coach Bob Hartley since he does have some attributes that fit the bill for what the club is trying to find right now.

The Senators have already held talks with Mike Yeo (former Minnesota Wild coach), Guy Boucher (former Tampa Bay Lightning coach), Randy Carlyle (former Toronto Maple Leafs coach), Kevin Dineen (Chicago Blackhawks assistant) and, surprisingly, Gatineau Olympiques coach Benoit Groulx, who doesn’t fit the bill because he has no NHL experience.

By the time the interviews are completed, the Senators will likely have spoken to as many as 10 candidates. It’s believed there is some level of interest in Los Angeles Kings assistant John Stevens and St. Louis Blues assistant Brad Shaw but it’s not known if they’ll be among those that get a face-to-face interview with Dorion.....

Someone mentioned Groulx before, and he's mentioned here as well. I think that he's likely their leading candidate for the AHL post.

32NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Wed May 04, 2016 8:03 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

LOL

So much for Treliving saying he didn't fire Hartley because someone was on the on-deck circle....

33NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Wed May 04, 2016 8:04 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
Someone mentioned Groulx before, and he's mentioned here as well. I think that he's likely their leading candidate for the AHL post.

I think that would be a pretty good move. Also Garrioch mentioned that possibility in his article.

34NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Wed May 04, 2016 9:00 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:LOL

So much for Treliving saying he didn't fire Hartley because someone was on the on-deck circle....

Boudreau is the prettier girl in the on-deck circle.

35NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Wed May 04, 2016 9:14 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:LOL

Boudreau is the prettier girl in the on-deck circle.
Groulx would be my last candidates. Don't need a guy with no experience coaching this team. The players need to be held accountable and so far it might take proven winner or someone with a Stanley Cup ring. Everything I really heard linking Groulx has been in relationship to bingo. Wait for the announcement.

36NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Wed May 04, 2016 9:16 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

As for the vote I casted yeo as I think we'll miss out on Boudreau. Maybe it will be kev Dineen.

37NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Thu May 05, 2016 11:33 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If we lose out to Calgary for Boudreau, that'd be pretty funny, eh guys??

38NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Thu May 05, 2016 11:40 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:If we lose out to Calgary for Boudreau, that'd be pretty funny, eh guys??

Why....?

39NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Thu May 05, 2016 11:43 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Because it would suck.

40NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Thu May 05, 2016 11:46 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Have the Ducks even given Calgary permission to talk to BB? Being a division rival and all..... maybe they won't. They certainly don't have to.

41NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Thu May 05, 2016 12:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:If we lose out to Calgary for Boudreau, that'd be pretty funny, eh guys??

SpezDispensed wrote:

Why....?

tim1_2 wrote:Because it would suck.

Strange definition of "funny" there.

42NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Thu May 05, 2016 12:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Because it would suck.

Yes, it would be a thigh-slapper. Ahhhhh!

43NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Thu May 05, 2016 6:14 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Here's a daily dump of all coaching updates from Thursday, Cinco De Mayo

Bruce Garrioch wrote:The Minnesota Wild and Calgary Flames are both looking for a new bench boss along with the Ducks. The Wild haven’t decided if they’re going to keep interim coach John Torchetti and interviewed Boudreau on Tuesday while the Flames wished Bob Hartley well on Monday and are among four teams now looking for a new bench boss.

You have to think the Wild are moving on from Torchetti if they are interviewing other people because it would be odd for GM Chuck Fletcher to suddenly stop the process now.

Maybe the best bet for Dorion and the Senators, if they’re impressed with what they hear from Boudreau during what’s expected to be a lengthy meeting Friday, is to suggest he doesn’t leave town. If he’s going to be on shortlist of two or three candidates the club could compile by the end of the day, then the Senators could move onto Round 2 immediately.

It’s not like this hasn’t been done in the past.

When the Edmonton Oilers hired GM Peter Chiarelli last year, they contacted him only days after he’d been fired by the Boston Bruins to see if he’d fly out for an interview. He arrived in Edmonton on the Monday and since Oilers president Bob Nicholson knew he had a captive audience with Chiarelli in town, basically kept meeting with him in the city until he signed a deal.

By the Wednesday the Oilers had asked Chiarelli to fly his wife into Edmonton to get a look at the city and Friday morning he was introduced as the replacement for Craig MacTavish. Yup, it all happened so quick, Chiarelli barely missed a paycheque.

The Senators certainly don’t want to rush their decision because they’ve got a solid group of candidates. But if they decide Boudreau is the right man for the job, nobody should be shocked if Dorion decides to speed up the process because the club is no longer the only team on the market looking for a head coach.

Bruce Garrioch wrote:THE COACHING LIST

Senators GM Pierre Dorion is expected to speak with as many as 10 candidates for the club’s coaching job by the time the search ends. Here are some names we know are on it:

BRUCE BOUDREAU, Anaheim and Washington: He is in town Friday to meet with the Senators and has a proven track record, which is what the club wants in its new coach. Was fired after the Ducks lost to the Nashville Predators in Round 1 in Game 7 at home.

MIKE YEO, Minnesota: Was fired in February with the club struggling. Has a strong track record with the Wild and will come heavily recommended by Minny GM Chuck Fletcher. Led to believe he’s already had a second interview.

GUY BOUCHER, Tampa Bay Lightning: He hasn’t worked in the league two years but he’s the darkhorse candidate. Has learned a lot being outside the NHL and there’s a strong belief that often a coach is better the second time around.

RANDY CARLYLE, Toronto, Anaheim: He met with Dorion recently and won a Stanley Cup with the Ducks in 2007 when they beat out the Senators. He will get consideration from the Flames and the Wild but has been out of the league for a year.

MARC CRAWFORD, Colorado, Vancouver, Dallas: He met with the Senators staff last week and has a strong resume, especially after a couple of years in Europe. Big issue for him is he didn’t make the playoffs the last four years he coached in the league.

BENOIT GROULX, Gatineau (QMJHL): He doesn’t have any head coaching experience in the NHL but he’s had a sitdown with the Senators. Not sure what kind of interview he had, but he would have had to be excellent. Possible fit for AHL Binghamton.

KEVIN DINEEN, Chicago, Florida: He is an assistant with the Hawks and was the head coach of the Panthers when they got to the playoffs in 2012. Has a previous history with winger Bobby Ryan because Dineen was behind the bench in AHL Portland. Well respected.

BOB HARTLEY, Calgary, Atlanta, Colorado: Not sure if he’s going to get an interview with the process winding down and Boudreau in town. The Senators nearly hired him in 2008 and Bryan Murray has often said he should have picked Hartley over Craig Hartsburg.

Michael Russo wrote:Wild GM Chuck Fletcher, who did his best to get in front of the Bruce Boudreau line of suitors, appears to be in waiting mode.

Boudreau, the former coach of the Anaheim Ducks, is expected to interview with the Ottawa Senators on Friday. The Senators have also interviewed several other strong candidates, including Mike Yeo twice, Randy Carlyle, Marc Crawford and Guy Boucher.

Just sayin', don't be shocked if Boudreau desires a chance to coach Ottawa over Minnesota. Besides the fact Boudreau is from Toronto, his mom lives in St. Catharines and he has a daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter who live ... in Ottawa.

This is why there was zero chance Fletcher could dissuade Boudreau from even interviewing in Ottawa.

This doesn't mean Boudreau is offered the Ottawa job. The Sens are well into their coaching search and owner Eugene Melnyk reportedly said the list should be down to a handful by the weekend.

But if Boudreau has the choice between the two jobs, the lure of being so close to family could sway him over simply money.

(If you missed it, Patrick Reusse wrote a nice feature on Boudreau today).

While Fletcher has contacted and talked with a number of potential coaching candidates, I have not been able to confirm that any interviews have been conducted or scheduled besides Boudreau, Randy Carlyle and John Torchetti.

That obviously could change, but it would not be shocking if he's in wait-and-see mode regarding Boudreau. As usual with something like this, there are a ton of moving parts.

I heard that Torchetti was supposed to meet with Fletcher again on Wednesday, but I'm not certain that conversation took place.

Two candidates out there that I hear Fletcher has talked with by phone are Crawford and Boucher.

44NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Thu May 05, 2016 9:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

His daughter has retweeted several boudreau to Ottawa tweets and appears quietly excited by the prospect

45NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Thu May 05, 2016 9:34 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:His daughter has retweeted several boudreau to Ottawa tweets and appears quietly excited by the prospect

She sure has!

NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Chuv1rrXAAAbIvU

Soooo....Bouderau to Ottawa E4?

Bruce Boudreau via Garrioch wrote:“My daughter lives here, my grand-daughter who I don’t get to see too often and she’s only (18 months) and actually all my family is back East. That’s always a really compelling thing,” Boudreau told Postmedia. “Ottawa itself is compelling itself because they’ve got the opportunity to be a pretty good team and they’ve got a lot of pretty good pieces in place.”
http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senatorsextra/sens-bring-boudreau-to-town-for-interview

I urge everyone to check that out + the video.

46NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Thu May 05, 2016 9:46 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Money talks. Keep in mind that the Euge has paid both of our previous coaches under $1M. Boudreau will be somewhere between 3 and 4. Also keep in mind that Cameron is still on the books.

47NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Thu May 05, 2016 10:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:His daughter has retweeted several boudreau to Ottawa tweets and appears quietly excited by the prospect

She sure has!

NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Chuv1rrXAAAbIvU

Soooo....Bouderau to Ottawa E4?

Bruce Boudreau via Garrioch wrote:“My daughter lives here, my grand-daughter who I don’t get to see too often and she’s only (18 months) and actually all my family is back East. That’s always a really compelling thing,” Boudreau told Postmedia. “Ottawa itself is compelling itself because they’ve got the opportunity to be a pretty good team and they’ve got a lot of pretty good pieces in place.”
http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senatorsextra/sens-bring-boudreau-to-town-for-interview

I urge everyone to check that out + the video.

Get. It. Done

48NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 3 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Fri May 06, 2016 8:00 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Money talks. Keep in mind that the Euge has paid both of our previous coaches under $1M. Boudreau will be somewhere between 3 and 4. Also keep in mind that Cameron is still on the books.

Greening off the books. Pays for a coach.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum