GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL Coaching Carousel 2016

+8
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Hoags
tim1_2
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
SensHulk
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Who will be the next Sens coach?

NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 2 Vote_lcap242%NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 42% [ 5 ]
NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 2 Vote_lcap217%NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 2 ]
NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 2 Vote_lcap217%NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 17% [ 2 ]
NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 2 Vote_lcap224%NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 24% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 12]

16NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Tue May 03, 2016 3:13 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You can't win a championship without making the playoffs first.

17NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Tue May 03, 2016 4:02 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah. Im not impressed with The list but boudreau ranks first. Then Kevin dineen tied with yeo probably. I read that Hartley is a dump and chase type of guy so I'm not a big fan of that.

18NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Tue May 03, 2016 6:11 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I read that too. Bad possession numbers.

19NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Tue May 03, 2016 6:21 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:Boudreau is literally Melnyk's dream candidate.  Make the playoffs every year but out in the first round which is about as far as his aspirations are right now.

You think that Melnyk wants to make the playoffs, but wants to go out in the first round? Can you explain your thinking?

Uck Confused! Munch

20NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Tue May 03, 2016 8:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dineen really intrigues me as well.

21NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Tue May 03, 2016 9:41 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Dineen really intrigues me as well.
He did well in Florida with what he had. Kind of suprising he got canned. He's been in Chicago for 2 years watching Joel so that ain't bad.

I kind of think we'll be missing out on the big name(s) so to me he makes sense in terms of coming over here.

22NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Wed May 04, 2016 5:41 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Melnyk says he wants a short list of 2 by Friday.

Wonder what's the hurry?

23NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Wed May 04, 2016 6:01 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Melnyk says he wants a short list of 2 by Friday.

Wonder what's the hurry?

It makes zero sense. The only hurry right now is to get someone (likely Boudreau) before anyone else does.

24NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Wed May 04, 2016 6:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't understand that guy sometimes.

25NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Wed May 04, 2016 6:06 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:I don't understand that guy sometimes.

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:Melnyk was just on the radio in Toronto. He said the Sens will be down to 2 candidates for the new coach position by the end of the week and it sounds they will name their new coach by next week.

I don't understand why Melnyk needs to even announce this....

For all the good that Melynyk has provided to the city of ottawa, I don't get why he keeps doing interviews on toronto radio and breaks information there.

I think he's chummy with that fool with the dark glasses.

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:Melnyk was just on the radio in Toronto. He said the Sens will be down to 2 candidates for the new coach position by the end of the week and it sounds they will name their new coach by next week.

I don't understand why Melnyk needs to even announce this....

For all the good that Melynyk has provided to the city of ottawa, I don't get why he keeps doing interviews on toronto radio and breaks information there.
cuz he's a f@&$ing idiot?
Complete media whore that guy. I suspect theres an inferiority complex in there because he's a smaller market than Toronto and needs to be worshipped or at least given his due air time and recognition by that worthless media.

Or this.

26NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Wed May 04, 2016 6:07 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:I don't understand that guy sometimes.
Nothing to understand. Move along. tinfoil hat

27NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Wed May 04, 2016 6:09 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

Wonder what's the hurry?

It makes zero sense. The only hurry right now is to get someone (likely Boudreau) before anyone else does.
That would be the reason. Unless Boudreau wants to see who else gets bounced out of this round.

28NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Wed May 04, 2016 6:13 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:

Wonder what's the hurry?

I wrote in the other thread as well but why even announce anything right now? I just don't see the benefit, if the search is thorough and vetting through 12-15 candidates, that process is already done?

Typically the past sens coaches since Bryan Murray were all hired in June. Seems pretty quick to be shortlisting candidates.

29NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Wed May 04, 2016 6:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't see what his point is. Shut up dickhead

30NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Wed May 04, 2016 6:23 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Garrioch Article:
http://www.ottawasun.com/2016/05/04/senators-close-in-on-coaching-shortlist?token=478075a4aef1361c08f6b39a23264225

......While many believe there is a sense of urgency because the Minnesota Wild, Anaheim Ducks and Calgary Flames have entered the market for a new coach, the Senators are ahead of the game because their first round of interviews are winding down and could be completed by Friday.

Once that happens, it’s believed Dorion will have a shortlist of two or three candidates and will then conduct a second round of interviews, which will likely include assistant GM Randy Lee along with senior adviser Bryan Murray. At some point, owner Eugene Melnyk is expected to meet the top candidate or two.

Melnyk told 1310’s Mark Sutcliffe Wednesday in an interview on his Ottawa Today show the club will have a coach within the next two weeks. Later in the day, he told Prime Time Sports in Toronto he expected the club would have a short list of two by Friday.

While former Anaheim Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau is expected to sit down with Dorion Thursday or Friday, he may not be the last interview because the Senators are expected to reach out to former Calgary Flames coach Bob Hartley since he does have some attributes that fit the bill for what the club is trying to find right now.

The Senators have already held talks with Mike Yeo (former Minnesota Wild coach), Guy Boucher (former Tampa Bay Lightning coach), Randy Carlyle (former Toronto Maple Leafs coach), Kevin Dineen (Chicago Blackhawks assistant) and, surprisingly, Gatineau Olympiques coach Benoit Groulx, who doesn’t fit the bill because he has no NHL experience.

By the time the interviews are completed, the Senators will likely have spoken to as many as 10 candidates. It’s believed there is some level of interest in Los Angeles Kings assistant John Stevens and St. Louis Blues assistant Brad Shaw but it’s not known if they’ll be among those that get a face-to-face interview with Dorion.....

31NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Wed May 04, 2016 7:48 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:

Garrioch Article:
http://www.ottawasun.com/2016/05/04/senators-close-in-on-coaching-shortlist?token=478075a4aef1361c08f6b39a23264225

......While many believe there is a sense of urgency because the Minnesota Wild, Anaheim Ducks and Calgary Flames have entered the market for a new coach, the Senators are ahead of the game because their first round of interviews are winding down and could be completed by Friday.

Once that happens, it’s believed Dorion will have a shortlist of two or three candidates and will then conduct a second round of interviews, which will likely include assistant GM Randy Lee along with senior adviser Bryan Murray. At some point, owner Eugene Melnyk is expected to meet the top candidate or two.

Melnyk told 1310’s Mark Sutcliffe Wednesday in an interview on his Ottawa Today show the club will have a coach within the next two weeks. Later in the day, he told Prime Time Sports in Toronto he expected the club would have a short list of two by Friday.

While former Anaheim Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau is expected to sit down with Dorion Thursday or Friday, he may not be the last interview because the Senators are expected to reach out to former Calgary Flames coach Bob Hartley since he does have some attributes that fit the bill for what the club is trying to find right now.

The Senators have already held talks with Mike Yeo (former Minnesota Wild coach), Guy Boucher (former Tampa Bay Lightning coach), Randy Carlyle (former Toronto Maple Leafs coach), Kevin Dineen (Chicago Blackhawks assistant) and, surprisingly, Gatineau Olympiques coach Benoit Groulx, who doesn’t fit the bill because he has no NHL experience.

By the time the interviews are completed, the Senators will likely have spoken to as many as 10 candidates. It’s believed there is some level of interest in Los Angeles Kings assistant John Stevens and St. Louis Blues assistant Brad Shaw but it’s not known if they’ll be among those that get a face-to-face interview with Dorion.....

Someone mentioned Groulx before, and he's mentioned here as well. I think that he's likely their leading candidate for the AHL post.

32NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Wed May 04, 2016 8:03 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

LOL

So much for Treliving saying he didn't fire Hartley because someone was on the on-deck circle....

33NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016 Wed May 04, 2016 8:04 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
Someone mentioned Groulx before, and he's mentioned here as well. I think that he's likely their leading candidate for the AHL post.

I think that would be a pretty good move. Also Garrioch mentioned that possibility in his article.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum