GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

who's next to go on the coaching carousel?

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1who's next to go on the coaching carousel? Empty who's next to go on the coaching carousel? Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:53 pm

kyle turris

kyle turris
Prospect
Prospect

With gallant being out the door in Florida there's rumblings around the league that a few coaches feel uneasy about their jobs. some have voiced that they see Gallant as such a good replacements that teams might actually part ways with their current coaches in order to jump on Gallant before Vegas does.

so will it be little Willy Desjardin out in Vancouver under ownership pressure to stay relevant when they are clearly a rebuilding team? Does Capuano really have the vote of confidence of Garth Snow? some of that heat will eventually fall on snow and "melt him away", will the habs go on a losing streak which could pressure management to look at a francophone coach that's suddenly become available(pissing off kirk muller in the process), or maybe something out of the blue in Dallas as ruff hasn't been to get his team to perform to expectations?

what's your thoughts?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I can't believe the Islanders haven't shown "Cappy" the door yet. He's my candidate for next one to go.

kyle turris

kyle turris
Prospect
Prospect

wprager wrote:I can't believe the Islanders haven't shown "Cappy" the door yet. He's my candidate for next one to go.
solid choice. sometimes i wonder if snow isn't tying his own faith to this player.

letting a number of free agents go this summer hasn't been a popular choice so this could be the final straw that breaks the camel's back. you have to add the fact that the ownership structure has changed also. Snow's job security isn't what it used to be. he might want to try and rescue himself by going with another coach in a big way.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think the whole francophone thing in Montreal is over. The owner is English and he has already met with former Habs greats who have been unhappy with how the team is being run. Muller was brought in shortly after that. Lafleur was on record earlier that Gallagher should have gotten the C (not that Pacioretty is a francophone). These guys remember the glory days of Robinson, Gainey, Bowman, Dryden - when leadership was not about language.

kyle turris

kyle turris
Prospect
Prospect

wprager wrote:I think the whole francophone thing in Montreal is over. The owner is English and he has already met with former Habs greats who have been unhappy with how the team is being run. Muller was brought in shortly after that. Lafleur was on record earlier that Gallagher should have gotten the C (not that Pacioretty is a francophone). These guys remember the glory days of Robinson, Gainey, Bowman, Dryden - when leadership was not about language.  
I completely agree in theory. but when you hear that Muller is taking french classes you can't but dissect that this will remain an important issue that the medias will play out to death.

there's actually rumors in montreal that pacioretty could be traded. i would love that. they likely would suffer from it. but i doubt it happens.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, Snow hasn't done a good job as GM. I suspect he was there simply because he let Wang dictate what he had to do. The new guy is probably just waiting till his contract runs out.

Snow's drafting has been pretty poor as well.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1985736-5-reasons-new-york-islanders-general-manager-garth-snow-should-be-fired/page/6

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Don't get me wrongg, I'm all for the player or coach learning to communicate on French. Gainey and Robinson and Dryden ask learned French to a fairly high level. Not so sure about Bowman. It speaks to leadership. But knowing French as the mother tongue should not be one of the parameters when evaluating a potential coach or player. Not even in the top ten evaluation points, not even to 100.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What's his face in Calgary could get Dung canned this year too...Gulutzan or whatever his name is.

kyle turris

kyle turris
Prospect
Prospect

tim1_2 wrote:What's his face in Calgary could get Dung canned this year too...Gulutzan or whatever his name is.
i though of him too but since he's new at the job he might get a longer leash to prove he can turn things around. i think they will likely go with a trade before they change the coaching staff.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

One more loss - one - and I bet Capuano (sp?) will be canned.

kyle turris

kyle turris
Prospect
Prospect

PTFlea wrote:One more loss - one - and I bet Capuano (sp?) will be canned.  
bold prediction!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

According to what Dreger said this morning on 690, Capuano is not on the hot seat. He is safe. Of course that means little if Snow isn't safe, himself, and I don't think he is.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:According to what Dreger said this morning on 690, Capuano is not on the hot seat. He is safe. Of course that means little if Snow isn't safe, himself, and I don't think he is.

Seeing as how Capuano lives in Snow's basement, I think he might be right.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

kyle turris wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:What's his face in Calgary could get Dung canned this year too...Gulutzan or whatever his name is.
i though of him too but since he's new at the job he might get a longer leash to prove he can turn things around. i think they will likely go with a trade before they change the coaching staff.

Just like Bednar in Colorado, they'll give the new coach some latitude and time. I think both teams are more likely to start trading than they are to fire the HC.

Is it time to revisit the Duchene to Ottawa rumours? Sarcasm

On Snow and Cap, I really feel like they'll both be out the door soon. Snow first. That team is a dumpster fire right now.

kyle turris

kyle turris
Prospect
Prospect

spader wrote:
kyle turris wrote:

Just like Bednar in Colorado, they'll give the new coach some latitude and time. I think both teams are more likely to start trading than they are to fire the HC.

Is it time to revisit the Duchene to Ottawa rumours? Sarcasm

On Snow and Cap, I really feel like they'll both be out the door soon. Snow first. That team is a dumpster fire right now.
Yeah, I honk snow messed up not retaining a few free agents. I think he though a few of the kids were ready to step up.
They have a few youngsters that should be quite good coming up but similar to what Ottawa is going through with their youngsters still not in the line-up. The only thing is we've managed to keep our guys for the most part or use them as trade.

If he can lock up Tavares long term he might be able to secure his job for a few more years but I don't ink he can do that until next summer. Might be gone by then.

dushene would be nice but again a pipe dream in my opinion. The return would likely be our first, chabot and another NHL player. They'd likely be asking for an NHL Dman. Which we can't really spare at this moment. We're gonna have to start drafting or developing more quality Dmen that can play in the top 4. Having one sure shot in our system isn't good enough. Englund is very debatable. More like crossed fingers on him

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum