GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

OPENING NIGHT GDT: OTTAWA SENATORS @ BUFFALO SABRES 7PM

+8
rooneypoo
wprager
NEELY
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
PTFlea
Ev
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I liked it. Yes it could of been close but we missed on so many opportunities that it could of also been a 4-1 game. It's either way really. The team needs to really get into their groove but that will come. I'll take the W in the mean time

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Zibanejad won 18 face offs. Wow.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Shaun VanAllen has been helping them out with faceoffs.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Thank god for the challenge! Poor Cussing Lehner, Jesus.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:Got dominated in the third.  Good game to win so we can also look over the negatives in the third.

Got dominated 5 mins you mean.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeCaptain wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Got dominated in the third.  Good game to win so we can also look over the negatives in the third.

Uhh...I dunno, I thought the entire period was dictated by buffalo start to finish. I begrudgingly gave props to bylsma at about 8 minutes in.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lots and lots of positives though. How about Hoffman on that line? Dynsmite!

And cowen, boro and Ceci were all very solid.

I'd put Mac with z and Ryan though. I think it's a fairly obvious fit.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Thank god for the challenge!  Poor Cussing Lehner, Jesus.

So very close to losing against the sad sack Sabres. How funny would that have been? Laugh1

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Just put Hoffman back on the second line. It doesn't matter plays with turris and stone.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Lots and lots of positives though.  How about Hoffman on that line?  Dynsmite!

I'd put Mac with z and Ryan though.  I think it's a fairly obvious fit.

Considering that Eichel played most of his shifts against the Cowen/Boro pairing it's pretty amazing he just had the one point on the PP. Cowen played pretty well and Boro, on his wrong-side, was ok, too.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:

Uhh...I dunno, I thought the entire period was dictated by buffalo start to finish. I begrudgingly gave props to bylsma at about 8 minutes in.

They got a couple power plays, scored a goal, then the other one. It was more than 5 minutes, for sure, but 4 of that was on the PP. The 4 minute timeout (coach's challenge) stole their momentum in a huge way.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Just put Hoffman back on the second line. It doesn't matter plays with turris and stone.

I agree, but still, your best sniper with Stone and Turris is a recipe for good things.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Ev wrote:Just put Hoffman back on the second line. It doesn't matter plays with turris and stone.

I agree, but still, your best sniper with Stone and Turris is a recipe for good things.

Just put Ryan there. He's the best sniper still in my opinion

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:

yes tha makes for a very dangerous line that can come at you from all sides. I like it.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Lots and lots of positives though.  How about Hoffman on that line?  Dynsmite!

Considering that Eichel played most of his shifts against the Cowen/Boro pairing it's pretty amazing he just had the one point on the PP. Cowen played pretty well and Boro, on his wrong-side, was ok, too.

Not so amazing is that Ceci was on the ice for the goal against and the non-goal as well.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Don't change the lines.
Ryan won't be able to keep up with Stone and Turris.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:

Considering that Eichel played most of his shifts against the Cowen/Boro pairing it's pretty amazing he just had the one point on the PP.  Cowen played pretty well and Boro, on his wrong-side, was ok, too.

Not so amazing is that Ceci was on the ice for the goal against and the non-goal as well.

Ceci played well. Wiercioch was bad and took the penalty that resulted in the goal.
Then Wiercioch lost Kane during the wrap around while Ceci had his man cornered left of Anderson.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:

Considering that Eichel played most of his shifts against the Cowen/Boro pairing it's pretty amazing he just had the one point on the PP.  Cowen played pretty well and Boro, on his wrong-side, was ok, too.

Ceci played well. Wiercioch was bad and took the penalty that resulted in the goal.
Then Wiercioch lost Kane during the wrap around while Ceci had his man cornered left of Anderson.

All perception. Wiercioch has his hands full trying to cover up for Ceci so he will end up looking bad from time to time even though he's 10-times the player Ceci will ever be.

Ceci = ECHL 7th D-man

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum