GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+14
SensHulk
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
tim1_2
LeCaptain
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Ev
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:The more I think about it, the more I believe we'll see Anderson in a Blues uniform next season.

I'd assume Oshie would be coming back. I'd also assume that the Sens would have to add.

Oshie has some really, really hard miles on that body already though. Not only that, he's a heck of a choker. I'm not saying I wouldn't like to have him, he plays a hard style of game that would go well with our team, just not sold on that specific guy.

I still don't see a scenario where we trade Anderson either. I just can't imagine a team would say, yeah, let's roll the dice on a guy who hasn't done anything in the NHL when we have a top 10 goalie in the league sitting there.

I'll support them no matter what though, because I still believe in Lehner and it would mean that the best offer was for Anderson (and it better be someone nice this time!).

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:The more I think about it, the more I believe we'll see Anderson in a Blues uniform next season.

I'd assume Oshie would be coming back. I'd also assume that the Sens would have to add.

Interesting theory, my good man. Young Yoshi would be a welcome addition.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Schwartz for Anderson and 1st

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Schwartz for Anderson and 1st

You wish.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Zero chance. They're trying to get younger. They aren't trading a 20+ goal, 60ish point guy as he's busting out. I'd be happy to put money on this.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:

Zero chance. They're trying to get younger. They aren't trading a 20+ goal, 60ish point guy as he's busting out. I'd be happy to put money on this.

Not so fast...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:

They need a goalie though. Anderson for Jaskin might work

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
spader wrote:

They need a goalie though. Anderson for Jaskin might work

I'm not too familiar with Jaskin, so I'll take your word for it. I think the Blues brass probably values Schwartz similar to how Sens fans value Stone. He's borderline untouchable except for a clear (young) upgrade. Those are very difficult to come by.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The URL says it all:

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/06/17/ottawa-sens-working-to-make-room-for-winger-erik-condra

That and RFA updates.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Solid move. Young Condra is a solid checker.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Solid move. Young Condra is a solid checker.

He may be young but is he hungry? You have to be both to crack this lineup!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I've heard he skipped a couple meals just to make sure the hungry portion was met as well.

- Unknown Author

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Shawn Matthias is expected to test the UFA waters. He's an interesting under-the-radar kind of guy for a top-9 spot. Hmmm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Anderson for Jaskin would be pretty solid but again you need to fit a forward into an already crowded lineup. There needs to be more out the door than just a goalie.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Solid move. Young Condra is a solid checker.

He may be young but is he hungry? You have to be both to crack this lineup!

He's got no front teeth so hard to bite off more than he can chew.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum