GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015

+14
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Oglethorpe
wprager
LeCaptain
tim1_2
dennycrane
Ev
PTFlea
NEELY
Flo The Action
SeawaySensFan
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 43 ... 58  Next

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 58]

406Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 28 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:13 am

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

I have never seen a goalie trade returning anything significant. Like ever. If we can get a top 4D sign me the Diddle up, but I highly doubt it.

407Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 28 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:15 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We're not in a position to have Lehner have a sub par year next year though IMO. It all depends on what the offers for Anderson,but next year Ottawa will be expected to make the playoffs, I think. We've shown a lot of improvement and depending on what Murray does in the off-season with acquiring a sniper and perhaps another top 4 D-man we should be in the mix for a wild card at least.

408Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 28 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:02 pm

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispensed wrote:We're not in a position to have Lehner have a sub par year next year though IMO.  It all depends on what the offers for Anderson,but next year Ottawa will be expected to make the playoffs, I think.  We've shown a lot of improvement and depending on what Murray does in the off-season with acquiring a sniper and perhaps another top 4 D-man we should be in the mix for a wild card at least.  
The payroll has to come down by 8-10M between now and next October depending on the deals for our RFAs. Tough to add in that environment. Expect a goalie, Cowen/Wiercioch and Greening to be gone along with Legwand if Phillips doesn't retire.

409Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 28 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:08 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:Nick Leddy 7 year extension.
Boychuk is prob next

$5.5 / 7 years for Leddy. Turrible. NYI is going to have to buy out like 3-4 players by 2017-18.
I think they look really well positioned moving forward.  Snow is doing a fantastic job.  

Yeah,

Grabovski, 5 years, 5 mil per, on pace for 30~ points
Kulemin, 4 years, 4 mil per, on pace for 30~ points
Leddy, 7 years, 5.5 mil per, on pace for maybe 35 points, mediocre at best in his own end
Halak, don't care what he's paid, not a #1 goalie

Great spot to be in.

Meanwhile, actual good players to be resigned this year and next:
Okposo
Boychuk
Nelson
Strome
Lee
(some might make a case for Grabner)

Envy of the league! $20 mil+ wrapped up in players you won't be able to give away, and lots of young good players to re-sign in short order.

Did I mention that Leddy just matched Tavares as the highest paid Islander? Laugh1
Leddy has been very good for them this year.  Grabovski and Kulemin both have 3 years left and will be UFAs when Tavares needs his new contract.  Snow is managing the cap well and he has lots of room to sign the young players and give Boychuk 6M per year.  Halak is fine and they he is low cost and short term if he falters.  

And what about

Okposo
Boychuk
Nelson
Strome
Lee
(some might make a case for Grabner)?

All of whom will need new contracts in the next 4-16 months. Okposo and Boychuk will be expensive.
Okposo even at 6M is only an increase of 3.2M against the cap.
Boychuk at the expected 6M is only a 2.2M increase
Nelson's cap hit is almost 3M right now and that will decrease on his bridge deal
Strome will get a bridge deal as well so probably not much more than a 1M increase on his 1.7M cap hit next year
Lee won't cost much
Grabner has a 4M cap hit now so not much of an increase if they choose to resign him.

It's not dire on the Island at all, lots of cap room and no internal budget.

410Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 28 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:46 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeCaptain wrote:I have never seen a goalie trade returning anything significant. Like ever. If we can get a top 4D sign me the Diddle up, but I highly doubt it.

Mike Smith was the biggest part of the deal that landed Brad Richards way back. Bernier got a decent haul. First Luongo trade. There are examples but no one is lining up to trade #1 guys either.

411Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 28 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:47 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:Friedman's 30 thoughts, in all its large font glory:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-flames-face-deadline-crossroads/

SJ might have interest in a goalie with term (HELLLLLLLLLO CRAIG ANDERSON).

Pretty sure we have all been talking about that for months.

Wouldn't trade Anderson unless it's Hertl or their 1st round pick coming back. Full stop.

412Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 28 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:12 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:

Wouldn't trade Anderson unless it's Hertl or their 1st round pick coming back.  Full stop.
Well then I think they will likely pass.

413Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 28 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:27 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Wouldn't trade Anderson unless it's Hertl or their 1st round pick coming back.  Full stop.
Well then I think they will likely pass.

Let's keep a close eye on this...

414Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 28 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oglethorpe wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:We're not in a position to have Lehner have a sub par year next year though IMO.  It all depends on what the offers for Anderson,but next year Ottawa will be expected to make the playoffs, I think.  We've shown a lot of improvement and depending on what Murray does in the off-season with acquiring a sniper and perhaps another top 4 D-man we should be in the mix for a wild card at least.  
The payroll has to come down by 8-10M between now and next October depending on the deals for our RFAs.  Tough to add in that environment.  Expect a goalie, Cowen/Wiercioch and Greening to be gone along with Legwand if Phillips doesn't retire.

I could go either way on a goalie trade. If it's a good piece, then of course we have to, but if it's just to cut payroll, I think it's a poor idea. Same goes for Cowen.

Wiercioch and Legwand I expect to be gone though.

415Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 28 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:44 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispensed wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
The payroll has to come down by 8-10M between now and next October depending on the deals for our RFAs.  Tough to add in that environment.  Expect a goalie, Cowen/Wiercioch and Greening to be gone along with Legwand if Phillips doesn't retire.

I could go either way on a goalie trade.  If it's a good piece, then of course we have to, but if it's just to cut payroll, I think it's a poor idea.  Same goes for Cowen.

Wiercioch and Legwand I expect to be gone though.  

Those two would only cut 6.2M add the 1.8M from a Greening buyout that's 8M but a couple of players need to fill the holes so let's say 6-7M cut so where is the other 2-3M coming from ?

416Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 28 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:20 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:Nick Leddy 7 year extension.
Boychuk is prob next

$5.5 / 7 years for Leddy. Turrible. NYI is going to have to buy out like 3-4 players by 2017-18.
I think they look really well positioned moving forward.  Snow is doing a fantastic job.  

Yeah,

Grabovski, 5 years, 5 mil per, on pace for 30~ points
Kulemin, 4 years, 4 mil per, on pace for 30~ points
Leddy, 7 years, 5.5 mil per, on pace for maybe 35 points, mediocre at best in his own end
Halak, don't care what he's paid, not a #1 goalie

Great spot to be in.

Meanwhile, actual good players to be resigned this year and next:
Okposo
Boychuk
Nelson
Strome
Lee
(some might make a case for Grabner)

Envy of the league! $20 mil+ wrapped up in players you won't be able to give away, and lots of young good players to re-sign in short order.

Did I mention that Leddy just matched Tavares as the highest paid Islander? Laugh1

Is it 2019 already? Because that's when Leddy will be making as much as Tavares is making right now.

Well, if you want to get all technical on me that's cool... but Leddy and Tavares now have the exact same cap hit, so...

I guess we differ on the definition of "now" because Leddy and Tavares do not share the same salary, nor do they have the same cap hit.

You got me there, Captain Literal... How about: Tavares and Leddy are each currently signed (signed!) to deals that carry the same cap hit. But keep playing the semantics game, I'm sure that will help negate the fact that the Leddy's deal puts him on par, cap wise, with the Islanders' best player and arguably a top-10 player in the league.

Laugh1

Not semantics, Doc.

a)
rooneypoo wrote: Did I mention that Leddy just matched Tavares as the highest paid Islander? Laugh1

False.

b)
rooneypoo wrote: Well, if you want to get all technical on me that's cool... but Leddy and Tavares now have the exact same cap hit, so...

Also false.

Just accept that you are wrong, yet again.

*Now* you're challenging Prags for *useless* hairsplitting. Nicely done! TwoThumbsUp!

417Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 28 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:22 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Oglethorpe wrote:

Why is that again? Did I miss something, or is that just your opinion?

418Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 28 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:38 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Toronto has traded Daniel Winnik to Pittsburgh for a 2nd in 2016 and a 4th in 2015 and Zach Sill.

Last edited by tim1_2 on Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

419Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 28 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:39 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Jets have traded for Tlusty from Carolina for a 2016 3rd rounder and a conditional 2015 6th rounder.

420Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 28 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:45 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:The Jets have traded for Tlusty from Carolina for a 2016 3rd rounder and a conditional 2015 6th rounder.
Well that could work in their favor. I'm hoping they ,are some noise if they can make the playoffs.

421Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 28 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:49 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:

Why is that again? Did I miss something, or is that just your opinion?
The Euge was reported to have said he wants to up the payroll to 60M next season.

422Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 28 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:51 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:The Sens shouldn't trade Anderson until Lehner stops allowing bad goals

I think young goalies let in bad goals every now and then.  It's just going to happen.  Give Lehner the starter's role, and I think he gets in more of a groove, and the bad goals become less frequent.  

Is Crawford a young goalie? I believe "goalies let in bad goals" stands on its own, maybe with a "sometimes" tacked on in front.

423Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 - Page 28 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2015 Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:53 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:From what I saw Lehner is ready. He's ready like Carey price was ready when things got handed down to him. Will there be growing pains? Yes. But we are in a position to live with those. You get the right deal for Anderson, you make it.

Even St. Patrick gave up 9 once.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 58]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 43 ... 58  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum