GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

World Juniors 14/15

+7
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
LeCaptain
wprager
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
tim1_2
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

31World Juniors 14/15 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Juniors 14/15 Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:48 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I find it a bit ironic that Lazar is even through 3 games, while Nick Paul is +3. Both of Lazar's goals have come on the power play, of course. But I still wonder how much of that has to do with McDavid still rounding into game shape. I only saw from around the middle of the second, but it looked like McDavid was playing very well -- even better than when he go 3 points against Germany. Maybe the new left-winger has something to do with it or maybe he's just getting over the injury and adjusting to the pace.

Max Domi is having a heck of a tournament so far. How did the apple fall so far from the tree?

32World Juniors 14/15 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Juniors 14/15 Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:01 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Apparently the young Domi might have some character issues.

I'm not concerned about Lazar's performance or McDavid for that matter.

33World Juniors 14/15 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Juniors 14/15 Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:14 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Who the Diddle cares about plus minus n this tournament ? Laugh1

34World Juniors 14/15 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Juniors 14/15 Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Who the Diddle cares about plus minus n this tournament ? Laugh1

How long have you known me?

35World Juniors 14/15 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Juniors 14/15 Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:44 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big game tonig...err...this afternoon. Canada vs US at 4pm. Well, in the grand scheme of things, it's fairly meaningless, but it should be a spirited affair nonetheless.

36World Juniors 14/15 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Juniors 14/15 Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:30 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Big game tonig...err...this afternoon.  Canada vs US at 4pm.  Well, in the grand scheme of things, it's fairly meaningless, but it should be a spirited affair nonetheless.

It sets up who they face in the QF, so far from meaningless. It may be true that to get the good they eventually have to get them in an elimination game (elimination wrt gold), but how they get there is very relevant. Short tournament like this, no turnaround time between games, suspensions can play a part along with injuries and fatigue.

Actually, how does the format work? Assuming the Finns best the Germans they'd be take pretty low, so does either of the top two face then in the QF or does Finland cross over to the other group?

37World Juniors 14/15 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Juniors 14/15 Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:40 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Canada and the US will face Denmark and the Swiss in the quarter finals. Can't remember who the winner/loser gets...but yeah, that's no big deal either way, so it's fairly meaningless, as I already said.

38World Juniors 14/15 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Juniors 14/15 Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:30 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Canada and the US will face Denmark and the Swiss in the quarter finals.  Can't remember who the winner/loser gets...but yeah, that's no big deal either way, so it's fairly meaningless, as I already said.

I'd rather not face the Swiss. They must be steaming after being Denmark's first victim. Also, what are the implications for the semis?

39World Juniors 14/15 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Juniors 14/15 Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:36 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Canada and the US will face Denmark and the Swiss in the quarter finals.  Can't remember who the winner/loser gets...but yeah, that's no big deal either way, so it's fairly meaningless, as I already said.

I'd rather not face the Swiss. They must be steaming after being Denmark's first victim. Also, what are the implications for the semis?

In theory, we could get a weaker opponent for the semis by beating the US tonight, but that's highly debateable.

As I said, meaningless.

40World Juniors 14/15 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Juniors 14/15 Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:51 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:

I'd rather not face the Swiss.  They must be steaming after being Denmark's first victim.  Also, what are the implications for the semis?

In theory, we could get a weaker opponent for the semis by beating the US tonight, but that's highly debateable.  

As I said, meaningless.

There's nothing meaningless in a short tournament. The way we play them today could affect how they play us in the (hopefully) gold medal game.
- intimidation
- injuries
- suspensions
- taunting/disrespect

All of those can and will affect the way these two teams play in the medal rounds. The win/lose outcome of this game may be meaningless, but pretty much everything else about the game isn't.

The tournament, itself, though, is pretty meaningless.

41World Juniors 14/15 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Juniors 14/15 Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:54 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The tournament is great entertainment and I can only imagine a tremendous experience for the kids involved.

But yeah, as you said, tonight's game is pretty meaningless...although it will still be highly entertaining.

42World Juniors 14/15 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Juniors 14/15 Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:04 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:The tournament is great entertainment and I can only imagine a tremendous experience for the kids involved.  

But yeah, as you said, tonight's game is pretty meaningless...although it will still be highly entertaining.

You think it's too early to troll some Team USA fans on twitter?

43World Juniors 14/15 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Juniors 14/15 Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

My cranky oldest wants to play Oblivion and I didn't really fell like watching The Game on the 32" upstairs TV. My old Hitach CRT-RPTV is still in decent shape, and with the "TV anywhere" hooking it up was a snap. It's not as good as the main set, but it's actually a little bigger (57" vs 55") and since the signal is probably 1080i anyway I don't think I'll miss anything ... especially putting up with the cranky one.

44World Juniors 14/15 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Juniors 14/15 Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:11 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Why is the cranky one playing ancient Oblivion instead of Skyrim?

45World Juniors 14/15 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Juniors 14/15 Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:29 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Why is the cranky one playing ancient Oblivion instead of Skyrim?

He played both. These are not new games.

46World Juniors 14/15 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Juniors 14/15 Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:31 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Nick Paul has moves.

47World Juniors 14/15 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Juniors 14/15 Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:08 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Anyone have a stream?

48World Juniors 14/15 - Page 3 Empty Re: World Juniors 14/15 Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:11 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's on TSN

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum