GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gerber to start Friday

+4
SensGirl11
smash88
Cronie
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Gerber to start Friday - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to start Friday Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:51 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

They have a pretty busy schedule for the next few games so it makes sense to play Auld on Sat no matter what.

17Gerber to start Friday - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to start Friday Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:39 pm

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

The question was raised because initially Hartsburgh had indicated he'd play Gerber, then Auld, but then he backtracked, saying he'd play Gerber Friday, and decide on Saturday's goalie based on how things went Friday.

18Gerber to start Friday - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to start Friday Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:46 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Acrobat wrote:The question was raised because initially Hartsburgh had indicated he'd play Gerber, then Auld, but then he backtracked, saying he'd play Gerber Friday, and decide on Saturday's goalie based on how things went Friday.
Interesting. I did not know he had backtracked...

19Gerber to start Friday - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to start Friday Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:51 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
Acrobat wrote:The question was raised because initially Hartsburgh had indicated he'd play Gerber, then Auld, but then he backtracked, saying he'd play Gerber Friday, and decide on Saturday's goalie based on how things went Friday.
Interesting. I did not know he had backtracked...

That's my understanding - keep in mind that I'm sleep deprived due to four sick kids, so reality is a moving target.

20Gerber to start Friday - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to start Friday Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:00 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Four sick kids? Wow. Power to ya man.

21Gerber to start Friday - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to start Friday Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:14 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

All four are boys; all are under ten.

There are times I consider it my own little "purgatory"; mostly, I feel like a lucky (but broke) guy.

Of course, I'm still sitting at work...umm...working...so I don't see half the crap.

My wife is an angel - all boys, and her in the house. One room is solely dedicated to hockey equipment. One is purely for computer equipment. 65" hi-def TV to play the Wii (PS/2 died after I hacked it so hopefully I'm allowed to get a PS3 or X-box soon), watch hockey and watch Little Einsteins (Barney is scary, though...)

It's definitely "boys and their toys".

22Gerber to start Friday - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to start Friday Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:38 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Does he not know that will shatter Gerber's confidence? Rolling Eyes LOL

23Gerber to start Friday - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to start Friday Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:36 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

We actually hired John Kerry to coach the Ottawa Senators...

24Gerber to start Friday - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to start Friday Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:33 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

That explains so much...

Of course, in the other thread, we had Redden as player-coach, then moving into front office, so my version of reality may not be as interesting as yours...

http://www.gmhockey.com/gm-central-home-for-armchair-gms-f1/nyr-and-ott-rade-proposal-t617.htm

25Gerber to start Friday - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to start Friday Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:35 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:

At this point, rolling up the rim and not winning would shatter his confidence.

Lord help us all if he pick two different coloured socks to start the day...

26Gerber to start Friday - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to start Friday Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:00 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I think it's fair to say that we've lost complete confidence in this guy.

That said, does anyone remember the NHL.com text-messaging thing they used to do? Where they would text you after the goals?

I'm driving down to the Oktoberfest tonight and won't be able to catch the game.

27Gerber to start Friday - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to start Friday Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:03 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

smash88 wrote:

Well, maybe he's trying to force the issue now to get it out there and shed light on the situation to help Murray make a "decision".

28Gerber to start Friday - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to start Friday Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:06 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
smash88 wrote:

Well, maybe he's trying to force the issue now to get it out there and shed light on the situation to help Murray make a "decision".

Let's just hope it dosen't turn into last year's fiasco...

29Gerber to start Friday - Page 2 Empty Re: Gerber to start Friday Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:40 am

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

smash88 wrote:
shabbs wrote:
smash88 wrote:

Let's just hope it dosen't turn into last year's fiasco...

Unfortunately, even with tonight's win, I suspect we are heading down that road.
We win 6-3, but we were up 4-0 in the third. Defense did break down a bit, but three goals in the third again; the team has to be wondering if he is Swiss Cheese.

As much as I had lauded his technical abilities, I just can't watch him fall apart night after night any more - we've seen this movie enough times to know how it ends, so let's change the channel.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum