GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gerber to start Friday

+4
SensGirl11
smash88
Cronie
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Gerber to start Friday Empty Gerber to start Friday Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:35 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm sure everyone knew this already, but he's in Friday and I assume Auld will be Saturday.

2Gerber to start Friday Empty Re: Gerber to start Friday Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:47 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think who plays on Saturday will have a LOT to do with how Gerber does on Friday.

Back to back games always make me nervous, especially if the boys get REALLY worn down by Phoenix, only to take on a trap team the very next night. affraid

However, here's hoping Gerbs plays a stellar game, otherwise Auld, you're our only hope. Smile

3Gerber to start Friday Empty Re: Gerber to start Friday Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:51 am

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

I think Phoenix could really surprise this year... Should be a really tight game on friday, with the Sens losing 3-2 i figure... Gerber will have 34 saves, about 10 beautiful ones, and he'll let in a Jokinen shot with 42.6 seconds left from just inside the blueline, just over the glove hand... LOL affraid I hope not...

4Gerber to start Friday Empty Re: Gerber to start Friday Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:59 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phoenix is a great, great team now. Be careful Sens, be ready or they'll absolutely destroy you.

5Gerber to start Friday Empty Re: Gerber to start Friday Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:04 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah we have a tough 2 games coming up.. I think Boston is going to surprise this year too... Well not a s much as Phoenix, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Boston fighting for the Northeast this year..

6Gerber to start Friday Empty Re: Gerber to start Friday Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:04 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Hopefully Gerber can turn in the same kind of performance he did last Saturday, or better...

7Gerber to start Friday Empty Re: Gerber to start Friday Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:08 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

SensGirl11 wrote:Hopefully Gerber can turn in the same kind of performance he did for the two first periods last Saturday, or better...

Fixed.

8Gerber to start Friday Empty Re: Gerber to start Friday Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:08 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

SensGirl11 wrote:Hopefully Gerber can turn in the same kind of performance he did last Saturday, or better...

same type of performance minus the weak goals... He just needs to make the saves he's suppose to make.. No one will rag on him when he gets beat by a good goal it happens to them all... But I just have no faith let in mhim whatsoever...

9Gerber to start Friday Empty Re: Gerber to start Friday Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:17 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

mattbond wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Hopefully Gerber can turn in the same kind of performance he did for the two first periods last Saturday, or better...

Fixed.

Perfect.

10Gerber to start Friday Empty Re: Gerber to start Friday Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:49 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Man... 1 game in 11 days. It feels like forever since we've seen the Sens play. Now we have back to back games. Sweet.

We'll see how Gerber does on Friday and Auld on Saturday.

Hopefully they don't rush Alfie back... take the time now to make sure it's 100%. It's a long season and we'll need him most towards the end.

GO SENS GO!!!

11Gerber to start Friday Empty Re: Gerber to start Friday Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:32 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Now here's a potentially loaded question -

Assume Gerber plays well on Friday - all game, not the typical 2.5 periods - and the Sens win. Do you go with him Saturday, riding the "hot hand" (I can't believe I'm saying this about Gerber) or do you switch to Auld for Sat, because you don't want Gerber to follow up with a weak game due to fatigue?

On the flip side, if Gerber craps the bed on Friday, do you go with him again Saturday, to give him a chance to redeem himself, and avoid the potential for a greater controversy if Auld wins, or do you go with Auld, accepting the potential for controversy and for killing Gerber's fragile confidence, but hoping to avoid the real possibility of starting the season with only 3 of 10 possible points?

Just for the record, I'd have Auld in on Sat in either case - he's going to be up for the game against Boston anyhow.

12Gerber to start Friday Empty Re: Gerber to start Friday Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:44 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Why wouldn't you play Auld in the b2b? Almost every single team uses that splitting of duties regardless of who plays for them in nets. More sensationalism thanks to Sun Media Sports...

13Gerber to start Friday Empty Re: Gerber to start Friday Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:51 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

They have a pretty busy schedule for the next few games so it makes sense to play Auld on Sat no matter what.

14Gerber to start Friday Empty Re: Gerber to start Friday Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:39 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

The question was raised because initially Hartsburgh had indicated he'd play Gerber, then Auld, but then he backtracked, saying he'd play Gerber Friday, and decide on Saturday's goalie based on how things went Friday.

15Gerber to start Friday Empty Re: Gerber to start Friday Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:46 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Acrobat wrote:The question was raised because initially Hartsburgh had indicated he'd play Gerber, then Auld, but then he backtracked, saying he'd play Gerber Friday, and decide on Saturday's goalie based on how things went Friday.
Interesting. I did not know he had backtracked...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum