GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014

+20
asq2
Oglethorpe
TheAvatar
Hoags
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Fulcrum
Number Twenty Nine
sandysensfan
LeCaptain
wprager
Flo The Action
SensHulk
tim1_2
NEELY
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
Ev
SeawaySensFan
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

481Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 33 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:13 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Naw he wouldn't fit, he's an ECHL d-man who will be working at McDonalds in a decade.

K, again you are not on twitter here so you can stop with that.

What is concerning is if the reason the Sens are not trading him or don't want to is because his value might be low, that's not exactly a good thing.

482Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 33 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:15 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yes because you aren't getting anything valuable in return, and he can go on to burn you in five years.

483Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 33 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:15 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

sandysensfan wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:
spader wrote:Eugene "I Should Never Speak to the Media" Melnyk just said that the Sens are "easily considered a buyer" and "definitely not sellers."  

This according to Cheapshots.

I guess that settles the buyer or seller argument. I hope he's timing that statement to coincide with a trade that he knows is about to go down. I love trade season.

Meh I still think they move Michalek and possibly Phillips in the right deal.

I agree. I'd rather the Sens keep Phillips over Michalek, but if they both move and the Sens improve, so be it.
If Phillips is insisting on a 2 year deal, he will be moved for sure.  Probably best to move him either way.  No sense moving Michalek unless there is at worst a mid 2nd rounder coming back.

If he really wanted to stay why would he not sign a 1 yr deal?

$$$$$$

Look at it from Phillips perspective, he can sign a 3 year deal somewhere for probably 9-10 mil or he takes the 1 year offer from the Sens at 2.5-3 mil. He's basically turning down 7 mil to stay here for an additional year at the risk of injury or poor play. It's not an easy decision at all.

484Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 33 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:16 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Yes because you aren't getting anything valuable in return, and he can go on to burn you in five years.

I agree. I don't think they should trade him at this point unless it's for an upgrade like Ehrhoff or Edler.

485Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 33 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:19 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:
spader wrote:Eugene "I Should Never Speak to the Media" Melnyk just said that the Sens are "easily considered a buyer" and "definitely not sellers."  

This according to Cheapshots.

I guess that settles the buyer or seller argument. I hope he's timing that statement to coincide with a trade that he knows is about to go down. I love trade season.

Meh I still think they move Michalek and possibly Phillips in the right deal.

I agree. I'd rather the Sens keep Phillips over Michalek, but if they both move and the Sens improve, so be it.
If Phillips is insisting on a 2 year deal, he will be moved for sure.  Probably best to move him either way.  No sense moving Michalek unless there is at worst a mid 2nd rounder coming back.

If he really wanted to stay why would he not sign a 1 yr deal?

$$$$$$

Look at it from Phillips perspective, he can sign a 3 year deal somewhere for probably 9-10 mil or he takes the 1 year offer from the Sens at 2.5-3 mil.   He's basically turning down 7 mil to stay here for an additional year at the risk of injury or poor play.  It's not an easy decision at all.

Who is going to sign him to a deal like that?

486Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 33 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:22 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

There will be someone, always is.

487Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 33 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:08 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

So, was that young Philly's last game as a Senator? Does that puck retrieval count as a rumour?

488Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 33 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:11 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I got this from HF but someone said TVA in Quebec said Phillips and Neil to Colorado... I would assume the return would be McGinn and Parenteau.

It's complete BS IMO but I guess we will see.

489Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 33 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:18 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:So, was that young Philly's last game as a Senator? Does that puck retrieval count as a rumour?

I didn't personally see it but if it happened, he's as good as gone.

490Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 33 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:33 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:I got this from HF but someone said TVA in Quebec said Phillips and Neil to Colorado... I would assume the return would be McGinn and Parenteau.

It's complete BS IMO but I guess we will see.

That's laughable.

491Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 33 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:34 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yup. That said Phillips is probably on his way out and again I think he lands in Boston.

492Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 33 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:37 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:So, was that young Philly's last game as a Senator? Does that puck retrieval count as a rumour?

I didn't personally see it but if it happened, he's as good as gone.

I didn't see it either, but twitter seemed to.

493Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 33 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:39 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I saw it, Karlsson flipped it right up to him off the ice. No hand to hand, just another great pass from Karlsson.

494Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 33 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:39 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So here's what's happening with Phillips:

He wants a contract longer than one year, which is entirely reasonable given that he's 35 years old.  Something in the neighbourhood of three years shouldn't be out of the question.

Ottawa doesn't really want to resign him, because he's not exactly improving with age, although he is still quite useful as a bottom pairing d-man.  The easiest and most PR-friendly way to get rid of him is to play contract hardball (sound familiar, Alfie?) and then try to pin the lack of new contract on the player's unwillingness to negotiate.  Then when you trade him, you just say you couldn't risk losing him for nothing in free agency.

So yeah, see ya later Philly.

495Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 33 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:45 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

A D man in Ottawa has to leave though be it Cowen, Wiercioch, Boroweicki, or yes Phillips. Too many cooks in the kitchen right now.

496Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 33 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:50 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:A D man in Ottawa has to leave though be it Cowen, Wiercioch, Boroweicki, or yes Phillips.  Too many cooks in the kitchen right now.

Corvo will also go...I'm guessing for a 4th or 5th rounder.

497Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 33 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:50 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Naw Corvo isn't worth even that, no team will take Corvo.

498Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 - Page 33 Empty Re: Trade Deadline BONANZA 2014 Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:37 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Naw Corvo isn't worth even that, no team will take Corvo.
not too fast, i'm sure he gets a contract offer in FLA next year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum