GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ St. Louis Blues :: 8:00pm ET :: Tue. Feb. 4th, 2014

+10
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
spader
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
SensHulk
Ev
tim1_2
NEELY
shabbs
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 16]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:Our previous Captain was a notorious whiner, so there may be carry over from that.

For real?
I don't recall that being the case...

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Vandelay wrote:

I just don't see the point in taking a closer look at a play like that though.  The refs are making the calls in real time and while yes, they did a crap job overall, while watching the game last night, I thought it was a slue foot on Macarthur.

Point is he *did* take a closer look, or at least said he did. If he really did watch the entire game and, specifically, the penalties, I don't see how he could have missed the fact that there was no contact below the waist. He likely just saw it in real time from the high-camera angle which likely didn't even show the lower parts of the legs.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I think Ottawa must have a bad rep among refs, maybe due to the Clouston days, who knows....I don't think our current group of players whines any more than the average team, so I dunno....

That was all bull$hit when people finally started asking why, the pundits had to come up with an excuse and Clouston, being a new coach in the league, made a convenient scapegoat.

Every fu¢king coach and most players in the league "whine" to the refs.

Again, most refs are Leafs fans. End of story.

Leafs and Habs fans.

I agree.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:Our previous Captain was a notorious whiner, so there may be carry over from that.

For real?
He was always on the Top whiners and divers lists. Nowhere near Crosby, but still bad. Also, we say Clouston was a whiner, Bryan Murray is quite the complainer as well.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
shabbs wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

For real?
He was always on the Top whiners and divers lists. Nowhere near Crosby, but still bad. Also, we say Clouston was a whiner, Bryan Murray is quite the complainer as well.

I disrespectfully disagree.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I think Ottawa must have a bad rep among refs, maybe due to the Clouston days, who knows....I don't think our current group of players whines any more than the average team, so I dunno....

That was all bull$hit when people finally started asking why, the pundits had to come up with an excuse and Clouston, being a new coach in the league, made a convenient scapegoat.

Every fu¢king coach and most players in the league "whine" to the refs.

Again, most refs are Leafs fans. End of story.

Leafs and Habs fans.  

I agree.

Nailed!!!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:Kerry Fraser's report on last night's officiating

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=443080

One thing he missed was the high-stick by backes on spezza in the 3rd period.

With 2:06 remaining in the first, Clarke MacArthur was correctly penalized for tripping when he kicked T.J. Oshie's skates out from behind to take down the Blue player. Even though Sens coach Paul McLean and MacArthur protested, the referee made the right call!

I think Kerry needs to take another look.  While CMac did put his hand on Oshie's shoulder and pushed downward, and while it did look like a slewfoot, there was actually *no* contact from CMac's feet/shins/knees/anything to the back of Oshie's legs/knees/ankles.  I don't necessarily want to call it a dive, because Oshie could have just been off-balance at the time, but it was not a trip because there was zero contact  below the waist.

And, yes, he missed the non-call on the high stick to Spezza's face.

Overall, though, I have *never* seen Fraser stick it this much to a referee.  He's basically saying Joanette had excellet opportunities early on to stop the stupidity and didn't; he made a bad mistake on the Ryan "elbow"; and he made a completely unnecessary and inconsistent call giving Michalek the "roughing" penalty.  

In short, that's the closest I've seen to Kerry throwing another ref under the bus.

It was a tripping call on CMac. He got called because he pushed the STL players skates out from under him with his hockey stick. It's a pretty textbook call. I initially protested at my tv, but when I saw the replay, it definitely warranted a call. He tripped him. He didn't slew foot, but he definitely got his stick on Oshie's skates and took him down.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum