GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Nashville Predators | 7:00pm ET | Sat. Jan 11th, 2014

+8
SensHulk
Ev
shabbs
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
PTFlea
spader
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:This game was really, really boring, but the result was terrific.

Extremely boring. What's worrisome though is after things got chippy, it was the preds who responded well and outshot/outchanced the sens in the third period and in overtime (sens had zero shots in OT). Lucky to have gotten to shootout

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:

Extremely boring. What's worrisome though is after things got chippy, it was the preds who responded well and outshot/outchanced the sens in the third period and in overtime (sens had zero shots in OT). Lucky to have gotten to shootout

Until Jason "Destroyer" Spezza straightened them out for taking liberties with Cowen.

Seriously though, I was actually very happy to see Spezza jump in there, even if it was somewhat funny. I went to a rookie tournament at the Bob Guertin arena eons ago, and Spezza absolutely destroyed some other poor kid in a fight.

In the Preds game, it looked like Spezza actually took a big step towards being an on-ice leader, instead of just a skilled centre.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Extremely boring.  What's worrisome though is after things got chippy, it was the preds who responded well and outshot/outchanced the sens in the third period and in overtime (sens had zero shots in OT).  Lucky to have gotten to shootout

Until Jason "Destroyer" Spezza straightened them out for taking liberties with Cowen.

Seriously though, I was actually very happy to see Spezza jump in there, even if it was somewhat funny.  I went to a rookie tournament at the Bob Guertin arena eons ago, and Spezza absolutely destroyed some other poor kid in a fight.  

In the Preds game, it looked like Spezza actually took a big step towards being an on-ice leader, instead of just a skilled centre.

I wonder if he took Methot aside to talk to him about his partying ways?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Restaurant in Korea.  Dog.  Am I the only one getting sad?

Ha. They don't eat pets. This one was a pet. When there's a big dog chained up outside, that's when it's time to worry.
really? they eat dogs in Korea? I've been to countries where they eat dogs and usually it's pretty back door/certain parts of a country. didn't think Korea practiced that.

You didn't watch M*A*S*H I guess.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Extremely boring.  What's worrisome though is after things got chippy, it was the preds who responded well and outshot/outchanced the sens in the third period and in overtime (sens had zero shots in OT).  Lucky to have gotten to shootout

Seriously though, I was actually very happy to see Spezza jump in there, even if it was somewhat funny.  I went to a rookie tournament at the Bob Guertin arena eons ago, and Spezza absolutely destroyed some other poor kid in a fight.  

Exactly, Spezza deserves all the praise in the world for what he did on Saturday night and his game overall. He doesn't need to do that every game, week, month, or even every year but he showed he was willing to do something outside of what he is comfortable doing for the team. It's a step in the right direction along with playing a much simpler game.

Hopefully he can grow into the role a little more, learn how to be the captain and not the #1 center because there is a large difference. He doesn't have to be the #1 center so hopefully he learns to not worry about it.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Restaurant in Korea.  Dog.  Am I the only one getting sad?

Ha. They don't eat pets. This one was a pet. When there's a big dog chained up outside, that's when it's time to worry.
really? they eat dogs in Korea? I've been to countries where they eat dogs and usually it's pretty back door/certain parts of a country. didn't think Korea practiced that.

They sure do. There are whole restaurants that serve nothing but dog soup. There are also whole restaurants that only serve horse meat, but that's a bit different.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum