GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Nashville Predators | 7:00pm ET | Sat. Jan 11th, 2014

+8
SensHulk
Ev
shabbs
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
PTFlea
spader
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:Best game of zibbys career. Dat skill and power moves

And that shot in the shootout -- that was Silf-like.

Seemed like a normal shot to me

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:Best game of zibbys career. Dat skill and power moves

And that shot in the shootout -- that was Silf-like.

Seemed like a normal shot to me

He came in skating quite slowly but then had a wicked fast release.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Bad bad bad penalty by Methot...

I thought it was a very cheap one to call in OT.  
If he let go earlier, probably would not have bene called, but he held on to the stick for way too long, and right in front of the ref.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:Spezza has been great tonight.

There was that split-second of indecision before he dropped his gloves.  Almost like he wanted the linesemen to be a little closer. #Leadership

Couple O' days away from the Cabin does wonders.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Bad bad bad penalty by Methot...

I thought it was a very cheap one to call in OT.  
If he let go earlier, probably would not have bene called, but he held on to the stick for way too long, and right in front of the ref.

Interference on MacArthur to the side of the Nashville goal earlier was not called so I figured they switched to the OT Rule Book.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:Spezza has been great tonight.

There was that split-second of indecision before he dropped his gloves.  Almost like he wanted the linesemen to be a little closer. #Leadership

Couple O' days away from the Cabin does wonders.

I was laughing so hard because earlier that night I re-watched the Semin/Staal slapfest and I was afraid it was going to be something like that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He played well save for a couple of patented giveaways. Now lets get Ryan on a roll.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Wings up 3-1 with a minute to go.  They'll be 2 points up on the Sens, again.  Don't think we'll see a playoff spot for a while, yet.  Schedule coming up is not easy.  Mind you, Montreal beat the Hawks, Oil beat the Pens, Columbus beat someone -- that's an accomplishment.

EDIT: Strike that, they just beat Winnipeg.

well I'm not sure the wings make the playoffs. i'm thinking they start sliding after the Olympics. they might lose a few bodies in there.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Dog Power GDT FTW!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Is that your dog?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Is that your dog?

Sure isn't. When I lived in Korea, this little guy lived at a nearby restaurant. It was on my walk to school, so I used to stop and say hello to the little guy most days. I took this picture a couple days before I signed up here, and he's been my avatar ever since.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Restaurant in Korea. Dog. Am I the only one getting sad?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Restaurant in Korea.  Dog.  Am I the only one getting sad?

Ha. They don't eat pets. This one was a pet. When there's a big dog chained up outside, that's when it's time to worry.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This game was really, really boring, but the result was terrific.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Restaurant in Korea.  Dog.  Am I the only one getting sad?

Ha. They don't eat pets. This one was a pet. When there's a big dog chained up outside, that's when it's time to worry.
really? they eat dogs in Korea? I've been to countries where they eat dogs and usually it's pretty back door/certain parts of a country. didn't think Korea practiced that.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:This game was really, really boring, but the result was terrific.

Extremely boring. What's worrisome though is after things got chippy, it was the preds who responded well and outshot/outchanced the sens in the third period and in overtime (sens had zero shots in OT). Lucky to have gotten to shootout

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:

Extremely boring. What's worrisome though is after things got chippy, it was the preds who responded well and outshot/outchanced the sens in the third period and in overtime (sens had zero shots in OT). Lucky to have gotten to shootout

Until Jason "Destroyer" Spezza straightened them out for taking liberties with Cowen.

Seriously though, I was actually very happy to see Spezza jump in there, even if it was somewhat funny. I went to a rookie tournament at the Bob Guertin arena eons ago, and Spezza absolutely destroyed some other poor kid in a fight.

In the Preds game, it looked like Spezza actually took a big step towards being an on-ice leader, instead of just a skilled centre.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Extremely boring.  What's worrisome though is after things got chippy, it was the preds who responded well and outshot/outchanced the sens in the third period and in overtime (sens had zero shots in OT).  Lucky to have gotten to shootout

Until Jason "Destroyer" Spezza straightened them out for taking liberties with Cowen.

Seriously though, I was actually very happy to see Spezza jump in there, even if it was somewhat funny.  I went to a rookie tournament at the Bob Guertin arena eons ago, and Spezza absolutely destroyed some other poor kid in a fight.  

In the Preds game, it looked like Spezza actually took a big step towards being an on-ice leader, instead of just a skilled centre.

I wonder if he took Methot aside to talk to him about his partying ways?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum