GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+17
Hobiesens
Cap'n Clutch
spader
LeCaptain
SensHulk
tim1_2
TheAvatar
Oglethorpe
22_4_ever
wprager
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Ev
Flo The Action
Hoags
NEELY
PTFlea
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Lehner is going to have to be amazing tonight.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's the Flyers...they still don't score a lot.

I have Mason in my pool for this week, so let's win 2-1.

22_4_ever

Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:
Ev wrote:The amount of hatred Cowen has received is ridiculous.
I don't hate him, he just sucks like a vacuum right now.  If anything I'm praying that he remembers what got him to the NHL and bucks the sophomore slump sooner than later, because we need him.
I've been one of the more vocal people on this board about Cowen lately, and my "hatred" isn't for him, it's for his play and Managements insistance to let him play through whatever is ailing him bothers me. I think Corvo has deserved to be treated better than he has been, as I do Wiercioch and Gryba. They have all had to sit and watch while Cowen continues to struggle. He has glimpses in every game, but imho his work ethic and effort is the biggest complaint.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:The amount of hatred Cowen has received is ridiculous.
He held out, got more money/term than they wanted to give, missed camp and started sucking -- what's not to understand?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Lehner goes tonight.

https://twitter.com/SunDoniB/status/402826393370636290
Let's hope it's "Win and yer in" for a while.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:It's the Flyers...they still don't score a lot.

They do against Ottawa, brah.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Lehner goes tonight.

https://twitter.com/SunDoniB/status/402826393370636290
Let's hope it's "Win and yer in" for a while.
Paddock says hello.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Apparently over 15K at the CTC right now for the 67's game. Maybe we should have hired their director of entertainment instead of the guy from Montreal. Sarcasm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:It's the Flyers...they still don't score a lot.

They do against Ottawa, brah.
5-0 brah.

Brah?

Brah.

Monday is what day?

Pec day.

Steak and cheese day?

Brah?

Brah?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Are you quite done?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Brah?

Brah.

No brah.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Obladi oblada

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Brah?

Brah.

No brah.
Sorry for stealing your "brah", brah. Still brahs?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:Want a weird-Donkey stat?  The only Sens defenseman with a negative +/- rating right now is ... (drum roll) ... Methot.  Gryba is +6 and Cowen is next at +3, then Karlsson at +2; Corvo and Wiercioch are +1 and then you have Big Rig and Boro Cop even.

Did someone hack the NHL.com's stats database?  That can't be, can it?  

Maybe the big problem this season has once again been special teams?
Because the constantly play Methot with Spezza to shelter him.  Spezza and his line are a - on most nights.  Either way, this is another example of how +/- is a misused stat.
SpezDispenser wrote:How the Diddle is Cowen a +3 lol.  That right there is enough to throw those stats right in the garbage.  I mean...my 18 month old baby could do a better job of defending than Cowen.
NEELY's got it. I checked the stats on who plays with whom, comparing Spezza and Turris on-ice times with individual defensemen. Both have have nearly identical TOI with Karlsson (128:36 vs. 128:31). Spezza has spent 119:28 playing with Methot, while Turris is down to 65:56. The situation is reversed for Cowen -- Spezza has only played 60:08 with him, while Turris is at 125:14. That's your - for Methot and +3 for Cowen.

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/showplayer.php?pid=952&withagainst=true&season=2013-14&sit=5v5
http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/showplayer.php?pid=112&withagainst=true&season=2013-14&sit=5v5

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Obrahdi oblabrah
Fixed.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:Want a weird-Donkey stat?  The only Sens defenseman with a negative +/- rating right now is ... (drum roll) ... Methot.  Gryba is +6 and Cowen is next at +3, then Karlsson at +2; Corvo and Wiercioch are +1 and then you have Big Rig and Boro Cop even.

Did someone hack the NHL.com's stats database?  That can't be, can it?  

Maybe the big problem this season has once again been special teams?
Because the constantly play Methot with Spezza to shelter him.  Spezza and his line are a - on most nights.  Either way, this is another example of how +/- is a misused stat.
SpezDispenser wrote:How the Diddle is Cowen a +3 lol.  That right there is enough to throw those stats right in the garbage.  I mean...my 18 month old baby could do a better job of defending than Cowen.
NEELY's got it.  I checked the stats on who plays with whom, comparing Spezza and Turris on-ice times with individual defensemen.  Both have have nearly identical TOI with Karlsson (128:36 vs. 128:31).  Spezza has spent 119:28 playing with Methot, while Turris is down to 65:56.  The situation is reversed for Cowen -- Spezza has only played 60:08 with him, while Turris is at 125:14.  That's your - for Methot and +3 for Cowen.

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/showplayer.php?pid=952&withagainst=true&season=2013-14&sit=5v5
http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/showplayer.php?pid=112&withagainst=true&season=2013-14&sit=5v5
This is a perfect example of how poorly Spezza has been in his own zone and without the puck along with his wingers. You didn't need stats to observe what's happening out there, the stats in this case support it.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So..... Spezza is making everyone around him worse? Is that what we're seeing here?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:So..... Spezza is making everyone around him worse? Is that what we're seeing here?
Looks like, shabber.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum