GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+17
Hobiesens
Cap'n Clutch
spader
LeCaptain
SensHulk
tim1_2
TheAvatar
Oglethorpe
22_4_ever
wprager
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Ev
Flo The Action
Hoags
NEELY
PTFlea
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:I don't think it makes it worse. He wasn't doing a ton either.
I mean when you are losing you are losing, doesn't matter if you lose 20 in a row 2-1... it's still a 20 game losing streak so Borowiecki leaving doesn't really hurt per say. I think everyone can agree that he did bring something the team sorely lacked throughout the lineup and that was some jam and attitude, problem is no one in the lineup cared and it obviously wasn't contagious.

Until the vets are moved out they are basically reshuffling deck chairs on the Titanic. Like who cares haha

NEELY

Mod
Mod

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/12/01/ottawa-senators-jason-spezza-know-he-has-to-shoot-more

Oh man, it's starting to pick up steam man lol. That train is headed right for the city of ugly.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cussing A its Hoffman time.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:Cussing A its Hoffman time.
Season saved! HUZZAH!!!!

Sarcasm 

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/12/01/ottawa-senators-jason-spezza-know-he-has-to-shoot-more

Oh man, it's starting to pick up steam man lol.  That train is headed right for the city of ugly.
"It's a quick game," added Spezza. "Trust me, I'm trying to score. But I'm just too slow, ya know. Actually, I dunno... giggle giggle giggle...."

Sarcasm 

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

did anyone else catch dreger on TSN 1200 saying that if ottawa are offering a greening, a condra or a Gryba for del zotto they might not be getting the attention of Sathers... it's interesting to hear what he thinks is being shopped. so Murray is def not placing that high a value on Del zotto. Greening might turn the page I think and be a player we could use but struggling player against struggling player... that sounds like a fair deal... i can see why they might not want a condra or gryba straight up.
but yeah they keep benching Del zotto and they can't expect his value to go up.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Cussing A its Hoffman time.
Any updates on The Hoffer?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
NEELY wrote:http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/12/01/ottawa-senators-jason-spezza-know-he-has-to-shoot-more

Oh man, it's starting to pick up steam man lol.  That train is headed right for the city of ugly.
"It's a quick game," added Spezza. "Trust me, I'm trying to score. But I'm just too slow, ya know. Actually, I dunno... giggle giggle giggle...."

Sarcasm 
if it's a quick game you may want to step up you slacker...

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Ottawa Senators ✔ @Senators

News Release: The #Sens have recalled forward Mike Hoffman and re-assigned two players from/to @BSens_Hockey: http://ottsens.com/IARz9O

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hahaha

Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Regardless of the reason for his hot and cold play this year the fans turning on him so quickly speaks volumes about those fans.

A guy who has done as much for this team as Spezza had deserves every opportunity to prove himself especially when he's been tasked with leading a poor team.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Hahaha

Originally Posted by Cujomi  View Post
Regardless of the reason for his hot and cold play this year the fans turning on him so quickly speaks volumes about those fans.

A guy who has done as much for this team as Spezza had deserves every opportunity to prove himself especially when he's been tasked with leading a poor team.
Haha, dude is the dumbest Sens poster I have ever seen and that's saying something. He also believes Rundblad is a top 2 D man in the making and believes Conacher is one of the most skilled players on the Sens. He literally has no idea what he's talking about.

His beer league picture he posted is some impressive too. I'm not sure how you can post a still photo of someone and know he barely knows how to skate lol.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

More line juggling today at Sens practice... Spezza playing with MacArthur and Zibanejad.

Methot making the trip but his status for tomorrow is uncertain, still suffering from flu.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

every line change that's made is always to try and get spezza going... when are they gonna clue in that he's the problem... it's sad. i used to think we needed to support him but he's proven this year that he's not part of a solution moving forward. he's no leader on the ice, that should be enough.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Congrats to Curis Lazar on making the junior selection camp roster.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:At the end of the day I think 1 thing has become very apparent and obvious, the Sens are 100% Karlsson's team.
Lehner might disagree a little bit. Or at least say he's hunting for him. That's why he bought Alfie's house.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:every line change that's made is always to try and get spezza going... when are they gonna clue in that he's the problem... it's sad. i used to think we needed to support him but he's proven this year that he's not part of a solution moving forward. he's no leader on the ice, that should be enough.
That's not really fair to be honest. MacArthur is one of the key veterans of the team - and he plays that way Unfortunately, Michalek is done, so he can't help Spezza at all. Putting Mac with Spezza puts an Alfie-esque 2-way conscience there, while not putting all your eggs on one line. Turris and Ryan can handle things just fine, putting Hoffman with them should help both lines, while Michalek working with Smith can be a good thing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Wow they sent down Boroweicki and Grant, lol.  This is a desperation move and nothing short of it because Hoffman coming up will not spark the Sens... That said perhaps this free's up a roster spot for a D man coming in via trade.
Cowen is waiver-exempt, still. Don't understand this move at all. Kid comes in and does *everything* asked of him and more. "Sorry, bud, thanks for almost having your neck broken, but we've got this tall guy who was supposed to be a top-five pick before injuries and holdouts, so we have to keep playing him".

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Also, Grant and BoroCop don't need waivers to go up and down. Limited moves available...

Cowen, too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum