GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+19
TheAvatar
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
spader
tim1_2
NEELY
xzel
Ev
The Silfer Server
Hoags
LeCaptain
shabbs
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
SensHulk
PTFlea
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Yakupov's agent saying they're ready to make a move, to ANY team:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-rumours-latest-trade-rumours-sabres-oilers-flyers-panthers-reports/
Too bad Edmonton only seems interested in trading away NHL defencemen. And they no longer have any of those, so I guess they're done making moves.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
shabbs wrote:Yakupov's agent saying they're ready to make a move, to ANY team:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-rumours-latest-trade-rumours-sabres-oilers-flyers-panthers-reports/
Too bad Edmonton only seems interested in trading away NHL defencemen.  And they no longer have any of those, so I guess they're done making moves.

Yeah, really.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Oilers are a mess.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What was with that Smid trade? Was he on the decline or do they just have Dung for brains?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:What was with that Smid trade?  Was he on the decline or do they just have Dung for brains?
The latter. It's been reported it was to clear cap but I'm not buying it. Are you?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:What was with that Smid trade?  Was he on the decline or do they just have Dung for brains?
The latter. It's been reported it was to clear cap but I'm not buying it. Are you?
Clear cap? Don't they have a truckload of cap and isn't Smid signed to a pretty good deal for a 2nd pairing, tough, shot-blocking D-man? Very strange stuff.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Clear cap?  Don't they have a truckload of cap and isn't Smid signed to a pretty good deal for a 2nd pairing, tough, shot-blocking D-man?  Very strange stuff.  
Maybe some future cap? Not a brilliant move anyhow.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Clear cap?  Don't they have a truckload of cap and isn't Smid signed to a pretty good deal for a 2nd pairing, tough, shot-blocking D-man?  Very strange stuff.  
Maybe some future cap? Not a brilliant move anyhow.
I could have bought into it if it was part of a bigger trade, or if Edmonton was getting back a big, gritty C, but they got back Jack and Dung.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If the Oilers were smart they would deal Yakupov for 2 potential stud D men. If they could swing Gudbransson and Kulikov for Yakupov, do that tomorrow. That's a move that would make them better for 5-10 years.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cujomi for Oilers GM

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:If the Oilers were smart they would deal Yakupov for 2 potential stud D men.  If they could swing Gudbransson and Kulikov for Yakupov, do that tomorrow.  That's a move that would make them better for 5-10 years.
Maybe for Yakupov and Smid to even it out. Oh wait...Facepalm 

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:If the Oilers were smart they would deal Yakupov for 2 potential stud D men.  If they could swing Gudbransson and Kulikov for Yakupov, do that tomorrow.  That's a move that would make them better for 5-10 years.
yes that would be a good move. I' not sold on the panthers trying to sell Kulikov.

Edm is out to lunch. it's like they tried to build the titanic without a bottom hull. looks good above water but it sinks everytime. Mac is making a case to be removed after just one year as GM. when will Katz cut the problem at the root and part ways with all of management entirely.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Edmonton is the laughing stock of the NHL, simple as that.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 34 Simpsons-nelson-ha-ha-93-p-672x480

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Edmonton is the laughing stock of the NHL, simple as that.
And they beat us Facepalm 

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Edmonton is the laughing stock of the NHL, simple as that.
And they beat us Facepalm 
Any given Sunday baby...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MacT says this story with Yak and his agent and the media picking it up is becoming bit of a distraction... from what? the brilliant work you're doing building the back end? put in a sock-puppet in his place.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
yes that would be a good move. I' not sold on the panthers trying to sell Kulikov.

Edm is out to lunch. it's like they tried to build the titanic without a bottom hull. looks good above water but it sinks everytime. Mac is making a case to be removed after just one year as GM. when will Katz cut the problem at the root and part ways with all of management entirely.
Part of being an Oilers GM is knowing no one wants to play there. It really limits the moves MacT can make which forces him to overpay in trades and to overpay his players.

While I am not supportive of MacT doing a good job, he is very limited with the moves he can make and standing pat right now (minus Bryz - yikes) might just be the best move for the Oilers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum