GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+19
TheAvatar
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
spader
tim1_2
NEELY
xzel
Ev
The Silfer Server
Hoags
LeCaptain
shabbs
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
SensHulk
PTFlea
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Devils host the Rags on Saturday... so something's gotta give there.

I predict a Devils win.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

MAF is 7-0.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:MAF is 7-0.
It's the regular season.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
It's the regular season.  
He led his team to a Cup. Idiots who keep calling him a bad goalie are just that.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
It's the regular season.  
He led his team to a Cup. Idiots who keep calling him a bad goalie are just that.
That Stanley cup run was his last good season. 4 seasons ago.
Should we get the Brendan Morrow from that season too? Sarcasm 

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
It's the regular season.  
A few other guys had a little something to do with that. Trust me, I was around for the '93 Habs Cup run so I know what it looks like when a goalie wins the Cup for his team.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't care what you were around for, you weren't paying attention if you don't think Fleury was instrumental in their Cup win.

MEanwhile this year, give Crosby the Art Ross and Hart right now, it's not like it will change at the end of the year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:I don't care what you were around for, you weren't paying attention if you don't think Fleury was instrumental in their Cup win.

MEanwhile this year, give Crosby the Art Ross and Hart right now, it's not like it will change at the end of the year.
He played well enough to give them a chance to win, except for the blow out game where he got pulled. Overall, .912 is OK but not great; he never really stole a game, not shutouts (I'm talking about the Finals only). The last two games the last 3 games the Pens kept the shots near the 25 mark and he managed to lose one of those games. Datsyuk was hurt or something and just couldn't produce offensively, and Hossa wasn't doing much, either. If those two were even average (for them) it would have been over in 5.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Winning 10 OT games, facing two penalty shots in one of those, that wink at Sandstrom after robbing him alone in the crease. *THAT* is MVP. Fleury was part of a winning team, no more no less.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

shabbs wrote:
shabbs wrote:Leafs face Carolina, Chicago and Anaheim in their next three games. Those will be tougher tests for them. 3 game losing streak? Heh heh.
1 in a row...

And that was an epic way to lose. Epic.
2 in a row...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That's just ignorance and Dung. Didn't say Fleury was their MVP but he was money when it counted. Game 7 against the Caps, he was brilliant. Made a great stop on Ovechkin on a breakaway at the beginning of the game that set the tone.

and that's fuckin stupid to say it would have been over in 5 if Datsyuk and Hossa did something. Do you see how stupid that sounds? Anyways, regardless of how dumb that statement is, Crosby was also hurt in the Final for most of it.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

shabbs wrote:Devils host the Rags on Saturday... so something's gotta give there.

I predict a Devils win.
Damn I'm good.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
shabbs wrote:Devils host the Rags on Saturday... so something's gotta give there.

I predict a Devils win.
Damn I'm good.
and YOU. You better do the GDT next game.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ev wrote:
shabbs wrote:

I predict a Devils win.
Damn I'm good.
and YOU. You better do the GDT next game.
I'm retired. Again.

Wink

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:That's just ignorance and Dung. Didn't say Fleury was their MVP but he was money when it counted. Game 7 against the Caps, he was brilliant. Made a great stop on Ovechkin on a breakaway at the beginning of the game that set the tone.

and that's fuckin stupid to say it would have been over in 5 if Datsyuk and Hossa did something. Do you see how stupid that sounds? Anyways, regardless of how dumb that statement is, Crosby was also hurt in the Final for most of it.

If you weren't using SSF's avatar I would've deleted your post. But I'll warn you, nevertheless. Keep it civil; if you can't do it on your own, we'll do it for you.

And Datsyuk and Hossa did not have a good series, on the scoresheet, and when the team loses the last two games scoring only one goal you do look at the players you expect to be scoring.

And Fleury did not steal a single game in the Finals. The Pens tightened up defensively (from giving up nearly 40 SOG to giving up something like 75 over the last three games.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Briere with another concussion.  Not that he was doing much for them, anyway.

That hit (forgot who) on Gorges, I'm surprised he wasn't concussed, too.  Shoulder to the head.  Primary point of contact.  Wonder if there will be a review.

Edit: It was Gabriel Bourque with the hit on Gorges.  Here's the video. He starts between the two faceoff circle and takes 6 quick strides as Gorges comes around behind the net, then levels him with shoulder to head into the boards. Didn't stop skating until he was pretty much at the goal line.

Last edited by wprager on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:53 am; edited 2 times in total

xzel

Prospect
Prospect

EDIT: also, Hoobie Doobie do? Facepalm  Laughing3 

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That was a beauty goal. I'd been flipping back and forth between the Leafs and Habs games but had some stuff to do around the third, so I didn't see this until much later. The way he was celebrating I thought it was an OT winner, so I was "Crap, they still get a loser point".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum