GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14

+6
Hoags
Flo The Action
tim1_2
NEELY
LeCaptain
DirtyDave
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14 Empty Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14 Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:04 am

DirtyDave

Rookie
Rookie

What do the Sens have to accomplish for Paul Maclean to win the Jack Adams for a second time in a row?

2Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14 Empty Re: Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14 Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:54 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

If the roster is healthy we need to win the division.

3Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14 Empty Re: Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14 Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:55 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Division title which I think they will achieve.

4Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14 Empty Re: Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14 Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:02 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yep, agreed. We'll have to win the division. There are expectations now.

5Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14 Empty Re: Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14 Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:21 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

How about conference title?Sarcasm 

6Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14 Empty Re: Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14 Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:18 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Gotta be a division title at least, probably the conference championship.

Has any coach ever won twice in a row?

7Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14 Empty Re: Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14 Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:31 am

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Hoags wrote:Gotta be a division title at least, probably the conference championship.

The Honourable Jacques Demers did it in Detroit.

8Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14 Empty Re: Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14 Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:31 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Yep, Jacques Demers IIRC

9Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14 Empty Re: Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14 Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:31 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Agreed, expectations are much higher now, the shine will have worn off. He'll have to guide them to an outstanding season - which he very well might.

10Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14 Empty Re: Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14 Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:36 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hobiesens wrote:
Hoags wrote:Gotta be a division title at least, probably the conference championship.

The Honourable Jacques Demers did it in Detroit.

That was a great pizza-fueled run he had.

11Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14 Empty Re: Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14 Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:40 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Agreed, expectations are much higher now, the shine will have worn off.  He'll have to guide them to an outstanding season - which he very well might.

Yes it will be interesting to see how the team handles expectations. MacLean certainly has the ability to do it.

We'll how the team responds, I don't believe we can't do it without Alfie's leadership like some people say. There's enough character in that room and all the reasons in the world to prove him wrong.

At some point this team would have to win without him, I'd say this is the final stage of the rebuild. New leadership needs to fill the void and make this team more than just Alfie's team.

12Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14 Empty Re: Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14 Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:43 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Agreed, expectations are much higher now, the shine will have worn off.  He'll have to guide them to an outstanding season - which he very well might.

Yes it will be interesting to see how the team handles expectations.  MacLean certainly has the ability to do it.

We'll how the team responds, I don't believe we can't do it without Alfie's leadership like some people say.  There's enough character in that room and all the reasons in the world to prove him wrong.

At some point this team would have to win without him, I'd say this is the final stage of the rebuild.  New leadership needs to fill the void and make this team more than just Alfie's team.

I think there's a time when pride comes into play. Spezza, Phillips, Neil, Michalek, Methot - all of them have to come in and fill the void left by Alfie. And that has to trickle down to Turris and guys like that.

I agree, we can do it without Alfie's leadership, as someone pointed out, it was gonna happen sooner rather that later. The way it happened might be galvanizing.

13Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14 Empty Re: Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14 Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:45 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Speaking of the Jack Adams...Pat Burns won it with three different teams, over the span of 10 years. His three wins is the most ever. He won a Cup. He had a career winning percentage of 59%. How is he not in the Hall of Fame?

What a farce.

14Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14 Empty Re: Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14 Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:48 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Speaking of the Jack Adams...Pat Burns won it with three different teams, over the span of 10 years.  His three wins is the most ever.  He won a Cup.  He had a career winning percentage of 59%.  How is he not in the Hall of Fame?  

What a farce.

I think he'll get in eventually.

It should have happened when he was still alive though.

15Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14 Empty Re: Paul Maclean for Jack Adams in 13-14 Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:31 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Speaking of the Jack Adams...Pat Burns won it with three different teams, over the span of 10 years.  His three wins is the most ever.  He won a Cup.  He had a career winning percentage of 59%.  How is he not in the Hall of Fame?  

What a farce.

As DGB said (paraphrasing), "To be fair, the other triple Jack Adams winners aren't in the HHOF either".

By the way, he got fired (in Boston) and then won the Cup the next year with the Devils.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum