GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

MacLean nominated for the Adams

+6
tim1_2
Flo The Action
shabbs
Tuk Tuk
NEELY
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1MacLean nominated for the Adams Empty MacLean nominated for the Adams Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:13 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=630098

Along with Hitchcock and Tortorella.

Congratulations to our coach! Clapping

2MacLean nominated for the Adams Empty Re: MacLean nominated for the Adams Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:24 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Great season for him even thought it probably goes to Hitchcock. I think it should be MacLean because Hitchcock had a ton of pieces already there.

3MacLean nominated for the Adams Empty Re: MacLean nominated for the Adams Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:35 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just a nomination is good enough. The hockey world knows what we know: this guy is a great coach!

4MacLean nominated for the Adams Empty Re: MacLean nominated for the Adams Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:13 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

The thing is though, St. Louis was expected to be a playoff team. Ottawa was expected to finish dead last, and Maclean put them in a playoff spot.

5MacLean nominated for the Adams Empty Re: MacLean nominated for the Adams Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:23 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It's not always about doing the most with the least, and amazing coaching can happen no matter what pieces you have. Would love to see PMac get it... taking a predicted bottom dweller to the post season and a 7-game series with the top team in the East is pretty amazing.

6MacLean nominated for the Adams Empty Re: MacLean nominated for the Adams Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:05 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hitch walking into st-Louis and turning it around from where it was going. Sure they had a lot of pieces but it wasn't clicking at the start of the year. Both coaches have done some incredible things this year.

7MacLean nominated for the Adams Empty Re: MacLean nominated for the Adams Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:11 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I fully expect Hitchcock to win it. I don't really think there's much debate...Maclean should be 2nd.

8MacLean nominated for the Adams Empty Re: MacLean nominated for the Adams Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:21 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Just a nomination is good enough. The hockey world knows what we know: this guy is a great coach!

Even if he's only a finalist I'd say it greatly increases the chances of him winning it sometime in the future.

9MacLean nominated for the Adams Empty Re: MacLean nominated for the Adams Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:33 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Just a nomination is good enough. The hockey world knows what we know: this guy is a great coach!

Even if he's only a finalist I'd say it greatly increases the chances of him winning it sometime in the future.

I heard that his moustache actually came in 4th in the voting, ahead of Barry Trotz.

10MacLean nominated for the Adams Empty Re: MacLean nominated for the Adams Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:47 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I heard that Hitchcock's chins came in 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th behind The Stache.

11MacLean nominated for the Adams Empty Re: MacLean nominated for the Adams Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:49 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I heard that Hitchcock's chins came in 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th behind The Stache.

MacLean nominated for the Adams 164414

12MacLean nominated for the Adams Empty Re: MacLean nominated for the Adams Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:51 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Trotz's neck was also nominated, but they're still trying to find it to let it know.

13MacLean nominated for the Adams Empty Re: MacLean nominated for the Adams Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:56 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Trotz's neck was also nominated, but they're still trying to find it to let it know.

I was actually going to make a crack about Trotz' neck. Laugh1

14MacLean nominated for the Adams Empty Re: MacLean nominated for the Adams Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:04 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Trotz's neck was also nominated, but they're still trying to find it to let it know.

He has a neck?

15MacLean nominated for the Adams Empty Re: MacLean nominated for the Adams Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:10 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

He has a neck?

BagoverHead

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum