GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alexei Cherepanov in serious condition

+10
Cronie
smash88
jamvan
towelie112
beerandsens
wprager
asq2
shabbs
BigRig
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Alexei Cherepanov in serious condition - Page 3 Empty Re: Alexei Cherepanov in serious condition Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:50 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

This should be merged with the thread already going on in the Rangers forum...

32Alexei Cherepanov in serious condition - Page 3 Empty Re: Alexei Cherepanov in serious condition Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:08 pm

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

Hadn't gotten there yet - can I merge it, or do the mods do it?

33Alexei Cherepanov in serious condition - Page 3 Empty Re: Alexei Cherepanov in serious condition Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:10 pm

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

Heater - I just started one (didn't see this thread) in the "This Just In" section.

There's a couple of links, plus ...

Can you merge it?

34Alexei Cherepanov in serious condition - Page 3 Empty Re: Alexei Cherepanov in serious condition Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:14 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

In the other thread (hopefully to be merged) I brought up the idea of "Commotio Cordis" - a well-timed but relatively mild impact to the chest can cause a fatal arrhythmia in an otherwise normal heart.

Wikipedia - Commotio Cordis

This is one possible explanation - and would also mean that there would have been nothing to pick up on pre-participation physicals.

There was an article in the New England Journal of Medicine about 6-8 months ago that talked about the cost/benefit of pre-participation ECG; I think I need to go look it up again...

35Alexei Cherepanov in serious condition - Page 3 Empty Re: Alexei Cherepanov in serious condition Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Acrobat wrote:Heater - I just started one (didn't see this thread) in the "This Just In" section.

There's a couple of links, plus ...

Can you merge it?

No problemo.

36Alexei Cherepanov in serious condition - Page 3 Empty Re: Alexei Cherepanov in serious condition Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:39 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

the was an interestion article over at hB written by Jan Levine it has a link to a report about the incident surrounding his death\

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Jan-Levine/Cherepanov-Investigation-Results-Revealed---Who-Is-To-Blame/89/22172

37Alexei Cherepanov in serious condition - Page 3 Empty Re: Alexei Cherepanov in serious condition Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:05 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yikes. It's like watching Lost -- some questions andwered, many new ones raised. He was doping (I'm assuming blood doping) and taking medication that stimulates circulation and breathing? I assume that's not a bottle you can just grab from your pharmacy shelf. Someone had to prescribe the cordiaminum; someone had to administer the doping -- it's not something you can easily do yourself. Somewhere there is a doctor (or doctors) who knew what was going on and helped him hide it. Or the report itself is completely bogus.

38Alexei Cherepanov in serious condition - Page 3 Empty Re: Alexei Cherepanov in serious condition Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:53 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

You gotta feel for his family... so many questions still unanswered.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum